Cleveland might make a good trade partner before the draft.

They lost a lot of players themselves and are full blown rebuilding their team. I was thinking that if the price was reasonable that WR Brian Hartline would make a good compliment for Sammy. He has had some big games in the past and is a seasoned veteran.

I'm not confidant in our WR corp after Sammy and I would hate to see the Bills use a 1st rd pick on a WR and don't think that there would be a starting WR as a rookie in the rds after the 1st. I'd like to see this position solidified a bit more either in free agency or if possible by a trade.

Edited by Tipster19

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i'm cleveland , there is no way i'm trading out of #2.

I better clarify, I'm not talking about trading for their draft slot, I'm talking about trading them a draft pick or something for Brian Hartline. I'm sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Tipster19

Hue seems like the type of coach that won't put up with someone like Gordon. So if they are planning on cutting him loose might as well offer a 7th round pick for him or something

Yup. Although I think Jackson will give him another chance.

Hue seems like the type of coach that won't put up with someone like Gordon. So if they are planning on cutting him loose might as well offer a 7th round pick for him or something

Yup. Although I think Jackson will give him another chance.

The Browns have already indicated that they want him back.

The Browns have already indicated that they want him back.

Oh, I know. But everything is negotiable. If they're going to do a full rebuild, a high draft pick might be enticing enough.

I'd rather trade for Josh Gordon.

There's multiple reasons why I didn't suggest Gordon. First the cost for him I'm not interested in. Secondly although it looks like he'll be reinstated Gordon is currently suspendedand imo he has too many strikes against him. We already have that idiot Greg Little on our roster and these 2 are a bad pairing. Iircc this is Cleveland's version of our own Marcel Dareus and Jerry Hughes with the drag racing. Lil Donte recently saw Gordon and said that his weight ballooned drastically but since then he lost a lot of it, just strikes me as someone who is not in football shape. When I suggested Hartline a lot had to do with the cost factor. His contract is very reasonable for salary cap purposes and I would hope that a 6th rd pick or a swapping of picks could get this done.

There's multiple reasons why I didn't suggest Gordon. First the cost for him I'm not interested in. Secondly although it looks like he'll be reinstated Gordon is currently suspendedand imo he has too many strikes against him. We already have that idiot Greg Little on our roster and these 2 are a bad pairing. Iircc this is Cleveland's version of our own Marcel Dareus and Jerry Hughes with the drag racing. Lil Donte recently saw Gordon and said that his weight ballooned drastically but since then he lost a lot of it, just strikes me as someone who is not in football shape. When I suggested Hartline a lot had to do with the cost factor. His contract is very reasonable for salary cap purposes and I would hope that a 6th rd pick or a swapping of picks could get this done.

I think that you could get Hartline for that. He can fill that Hogan role.

The Bills still need a number 2 WR. I expect them to add a guy in the 1st 2 rounds to do that.

I'd rather trade for Josh Gordon.

As long as he lives in rehab and can only come out for practice and games, then has to go back to his facility. You can never trust that guy. He obviously has a huge addictions problem. It's so sad so many of these guys give up their lives, ability to make a great living and take care of their families for the rest of their lives due to a compulsion for a drug.

I think that you could get Hartline for that. He can fill that Hogan role.

The Bills still need a number 2 WR. I expect them to add a guy in the 1st 2 rounds to do that.

I don't see that at all. They added Greg Little and Jarrett Boykin in January. They re-signed Greg Salas. They still have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Easley, Lewis, Easley, and Powell on the roster as well. No team has 9 WR's on the roster before the draft with the idea of burning a draft pick in the first couple of rounds on another. They have that many defensive ends and defensive tackles COMBINED. Zero chance they're looking at a #2 WR as early as you think.

I don't see that at all. They added Greg Little and Jarrett Boykin in January. They re-signed Greg Salas. They still have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Easley, Lewis, Easley, and Powell on the roster as well. No team has 9 WR's on the roster before the draft with the idea of burning a draft pick in the first couple of rounds on another. They have that many defensive ends and defensive tackles COMBINED. Zero chance they're looking at a #2 WR as early as you think.

I don't know that the Bills will take a WR early either, but they really need another speedster opposite Watkins. The problem isn't want or need, but supply. This is a crappy draft for top end WR talent. They'll find a speedy WR somewhere in the draft, but it likely won't be a guy who can step in and start (unfortunately).

Hartline is a better player than hogan and on a reasonable contract IMO. However I'm not sure he's better than woods. That's the WR spot we really need to upgrade. But I do like Hartline. Really tough and talented.

I think Hogan is as good as Hartline. Has he had a season as good as Hartline did in his Miami pomp yet? No. But remember Hartline was the number 1 target there at the time.