Cleveland might make a good trade partner before the draft.

I don't see that at all. They added Greg Little and Jarrett Boykin in January. They re-signed Greg Salas. They still have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Easley, Lewis, Easley, and Powell on the roster as well. No team has 9 WR's on the roster before the draft with the idea of burning a draft pick in the first couple of rounds on another. They have that many defensive ends and defensive tackles COMBINED. Zero chance they're looking at a #2 WR as early as you think.

They have been pretty clear that they want to upgrade the position. So far all that has happened is they lost Hogan and maybe Harvin. Woods is also a FA next year. WR is right near front 7 as the biggest need on the team. A bunch of warm bodies (Little, Salas, Boykin) doesn't solve the problem. They are competing for a roster spot not a starting spot. Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they have the necessary pieces at WR for the offense they run. It's Sammy and then role players. I'd like to see them draft Higgins, Wilson, or Shepard.

Shepard would be an excellent pick. But if Miller is there in Rd. 2...

LB/DL in rd. 1

WR/DL in rd. 2

WR/DL in rd. 3

DB/QB in rd. 4

I think Hogan is as good as Hartline. Has he had a season as good as Hartline did in his Miami pomp yet? No. But remember Hartline was the number 1 target there at the time.

If Hartline is as good (?) he could be the new Hogan. One of the reasons Hogan is gone was salary. Can Hartline be had on the cheap?

I am fine with a (healthy) Hogan like production from Brian at low cost.

agreed that Bills need a viable threat across from Watkins though.

But i really do not have an honest opinion about when to draft one.

I would consider Gordon actually.

If Hartline is as good (?) he could be the new Hogan. One of the reasons Hogan is gone was salary. Can Hartline be had on the cheap?

I am fine with a (healthy) Hogan like production from Brian at low cost.

agreed that Bills need a viable threat across from Watkins though.

But i really do not have an honest opinion about when to draft one.

I would consider Gordon actually.

Hartline signed for I think 3mil/yr. I think he regrets signing there but it was his hometown, etc.

i think miller will be there in the 3rd. Jmo.

I'd be very comfortable taking Miller in the 3rd. I think he's likely to get drafted before then though. Too much raw talent and it is just too thin at the top of this WR crop. Some team is going to jump at him and his upside.

I'd rather trade for Josh Gordon.

This is the only Browns receiver I'm interested in.

The Bills run a two wide receiver offense and those two need to be thoroughbreds.

Brian Hartline is fine if you have a dink and dunk QB who uses the whole field but he's a terrible fit for the Bills offense.

I don't see that at all. They added Greg Little and Jarrett Boykin in January. They re-signed Greg Salas. They still have Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Easley, Lewis, Easley, and Powell on the roster as well. No team has 9 WR's on the roster before the draft with the idea of burning a draft pick in the first couple of rounds on another. They have that many defensive ends and defensive tackles COMBINED. Zero chance they're looking at a #2 WR as early as you think.

About 6 of those guys are fighting for 1-2 spots and it's not #2

I'd rather trade for Josh Gordon.

Gordon not on trade block according to Hugh Jack, The WR i think the Bills should trade for and would come cheap is Justin Hunter from Tenn. JH has the skill set u desire in a #2 WR he's 6'4 220 and has 4.4 speed and can jump threw a roof. I believe this kid just needs an opportunity and i believe the Bills are perfect spot for JH talents. With Sammy getting all the attention JH can take advantage of one on ones on the outside. The Titans have added Rishard Mathews and DGB over past to seasons to complement Kendall Wright so it seems that JH is the odd man out. The Bills should offer a 6th rounder or maybe even a conditional pk for Hunter and let him come in and compete for a job. He also has a low cap # just over 1 mil for next season. This kid can be the next Hughes type steal. Go get em Whaley!

Gordon not on trade block according to Hugh Jack, The WR i think the Bills should trade for and would come cheap is Justin Hunter from Tenn. JH has the skill set u desire in a #2 WR he's 6'4 220 and has 4.4 speed and can jump threw a roof. I believe this kid just needs an opportunity and i believe the Bills are perfect spot for JH talents. With Sammy getting all the attention JH can take advantage of one on ones on the outside. The Titans have added Rishard Mathews and DGB over past to seasons to complement Kendall Wright so it seems that JH is the odd man out. The Bills should offer a 6th rounder or maybe even a conditional pk for Hunter and let him come in and compete for a job. He also has a low cap # just over 1 mil for next season. This kid can be the next Hughes type steal. Go get em Whaley!

I like your thought process. When I started this thread this was the kind of input I was hoping to get. I think that Hunter has a lot to offer but when I looked him up I was disappointed in some of the observations made on him. Here's a bit from rotoworld that has me wondering if Hunter really woyld be a good addition. What I like about Hartline is that from all accounts that I can tell from is nothing but up arrows. Here's what I was referring to about Hunter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8415/justin-hunter

I like your thought process. When I started this thread this was the kind of input I was hoping to get. I think that Hunter has a lot to offer but when I looked him up I was disappointed in some of the observations made on him. Here's a bit from rotoworld that has me wondering if Hunter really woyld be a good addition. What I like about Hartline is that from all accounts that I can tell from is nothing but up arrows. Here's what I was referring to about Hunter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8415/justin-hunter

Yeah. Not a JH fan.

I like that suggestion, Hunter is the kind of talent they should be looking for. But Gordon hasn't even been re-instated yet so I wouldn't expect Jackson to even suggest they might consider moving him.

They lost a lot of players themselves and are full blown rebuilding their team. I was thinking that if the price was reasonable that WR Brian Hartline would make a good compliment for Sammy. He has had some big games in the past and is a seasoned veteran.

I'm not confidant in our WR corp after Sammy and I would hate to see the Bills use a 1st rd pick on a WR and don't think that there would be a starting WR as a rookie in the rds after the 1st. I'd like to see this position solidified a bit more either in free agency or if possible by a trade.

geez I thought we were getting the second pick and Wentz ... Hartline really <_<