Cleveland might make a good trade partner before the draft.

Free Agent Wrs that are still available that would be a better option then Hartline and for less money

Anquan Boldin

Riley Cooper

Nate Washington

Marcus Colston

Lance Moore

Greg Jennings

Jeremy Kerley

Rueben Randle

None of these players are every down #2s in the NFL but they can fit in a role for us. Boldin would be my favorite pkup he brings leadership, intensity and a knowledge of our offense having played for G-Ro for a couple of yrs.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free Agent Wrs that are still available that would be a better option then Hartline and for less money

Anquan Boldin

Riley Cooper

Nate Washington

Marcus Colston

Lance Moore

Greg Jennings

Jeremy Kerley

Rueben Randle

None of these players are every down #2s in the NFL but they can fit in a role for us. Boldin would be my favorite pkup he brings leadership, intensity and a knowledge of our offense having played for G-Ro for a couple of yrs.

Boldin would be a nice pickup in combo with a youngster to be brought along gradually.

Anquan Boldin

Riley Cooper

Nate Washington

Marcus Colston

Lance Moore

Greg Jennings

Jeremy Kerley

Rueben Randle

None of these players are every down #2s in the NFL but they can fit in a role for us. Boldin would be my favorite pkup he brings leadership, intensity and a knowledge of our offense having played for G-Ro for a couple of yrs.[/quote

Forget him. Shady would blow a gasket. Randle might be worth a shot since he's big and young.

Anquan Boldin

Riley Cooper

Nate Washington

Marcus Colston

Lance Moore

Greg Jennings

Jeremy Kerley

Rueben Randle

None of these players are every down #2s in the NFL but they can fit in a role for us. Boldin would be my favorite pkup he brings leadership, intensity and a knowledge of our offense having played for G-Ro for a couple of yrs.[/quote

Forget him. Shady would blow a gasket. Randle might be worth a shot since he's big and young.

I wouldn't mind signing a player or 2 of this list depending on whether we would be drafting a WR at all this yr considering its weak yr for them in the draft. Lance Moore or Kerley can play slot and AB & Woods can work the outside along with Sammy . Maybe even go Nate Wash and one of these slot guys. Nate can still stretch the field I wouldn't mind this at all.

#1- Sammy

#2-Woods

#3-Moore/Kerley

#4-Nate/Anquan

#5- battle between Salas, Goodwin and late round pk

#6- STs ace Marcus Easily

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

I wouldn't mind signing a player or 2 of this list depending on whether we would be drafting a WR at all this yr considering its weak yr for them in the draft. Lance Moore or Kerley can play slot and AB & Woods can work the outside along with Sammy . Maybe even go Nate Wash and one of these slot guys. Nate can still stretch the field I wouldn't mind this at all.

#1- Sammy

#2-Woods

#3-Moore/Kerley

#4-Nate/Anquan

With limited cap space, I'd go Randle because of size, age and productivity. But I suspect he wants more than teams want to spend.

I think these guys are dust settle guys that won't get much on market. BTW Nate and Lance have played the previous season with vet min deals so I don't expect them to sign for more this season. Not sure bout AB or Colston but they haven't received much attention by other teams either so they have to make a decision if they want to play for vet mins or retire

I think Lal can help him , he's not a perfect player by any means but at 24yrs old he still has time to put things together on the field.

The age factor makes me agree

#1- Sammy

#2-Woods

#3-Moore/Kerley

#4-Nate/Anquan

When you look at those options and price points, things do not look so dire

#1- Sammy

#2-Woods

#3-Moore/Kerley

#4-Nate/Anquan

Who is this Goodwin guy? I keep seeing his name pop up. Is he a football player? Thought he was an Olympian, who can't stay on the football field.

Hartline is a better player than hogan and on a reasonable contract IMO. However I'm not sure he's better than woods. That's the WR spot we really need to upgrade. But I do like Hartline. Really tough and talented.

Good thought, I think it would be better to go after a good number 2 and move Woods to the 3rd receiver spot.

Good thought, I think it would be better to go after a good number 2 and move Woods to the 3rd receiver spot.

I am starting to think that Bills may not find a strong # 2 this year. Even IF they draft one.

Learning curve and all.

Just like Roman has said, they need to spread the ball around effectively. The better TT sees the field some of these ball catchers we already have will be found open. We saw it last year. Guys wide open and TT did not get them the ball.

Fix that and the Offense really might gain traction.

stupid kerley :censored:

I am starting to think that Bills may not find a strong # 2 this year. Even IF they draft one.

Learning curve and all.

Just like Roman has said, they need to spread the ball around effectively. The better TT sees the field some of these ball catchers we already have will be found open. We saw it last year. Guys wide open and TT did not get them the ball.

Fix that and the Offense really might gain traction.

stupid kerley :censored:

What do you guys think about Anquan Boldin? I know he is getting up there in years but the guy really had some big games at the biggest moments. Might be a good 1 year fix.

What do you guys think about Anquan Boldin? I know he is getting up there in years but the guy really had some big games at the biggest moments. Might be a good 1 year fix.

@mikerodak

Doug Whaley said “it would be tough, for what we have” to sign a veteran WR like Anquan Boldin. But adds he would “never say never."

Gotta consider a Vet as a stop gap for sure. Money is the issue i think. But if TT can find someone to lean on when checking down that would be sweet

But again I should leave this to the guys who study the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Clevland wants a 2nd for J Gordon. I would do this in a heart beat, but I bet we could get him for our 2nd and they give us a 4th rd. This would make the offence ridiculous if everybody is healthy. Totally worth it

how do you know they want a 2nd?

I'm not interested in him on the Bills, frankly, at all. Just wondering where you saw that.

Clevland wants a 2nd rig J Gordon. I would do this in a heart beat but I bet we could get him for our 2nd and they give us a fourth. This would make the offence ridiculous if everybody is healthy. Totally worth it

He has to get reinstated first and as of right now word is starting to go out that maybe he hasn't done enough to show his commitment to sobriety.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/josh_gordon_still_in_limbo_2_w.html