Liberal Protests

B-Man

“We’re the most heavily armed violent society in the history of Western civilization and we dump this duty on 25-year-olds” in police departments, Ed Flynn, the police chief in Milwaukee, said in an interview before Thursday’s killings. “The problem for American policing is we’re learning the hard way that our political establishment finds it far easier to develop a constituency at the expense of our police than to solve these social problems.”

“We’re the most heavily armed violent society in the history of Western civilization and we dump this duty on 25-year-olds” in police departments, Ed Flynn, the police chief in Milwaukee, said in an interview before Thursday’s killings. “The problem for American policing is we’re learning the hard way that our political establishment finds it far easier to develop a constituency at the expense of our police than to solve these social problems.”

The second sentence appears to me to be a key point in what's happening to our society today, even beyond the concept of policing. Pandering has become a necessary political pastime: Run some freebies up the flagpole, flog the social media airwaves, collect the support/votes/etc.

Were the most heavily armed violent society in the history of Western civilization and we dump this duty on 25-year-olds in police departments, Ed Flynn, the police chief in Milwaukee, said in an interview before Thursdays killings. The problem for American policing is were learning the hard way that our political establishment finds it far easier to develop a constituency at the expense of our police than to solve these social problems.

Can the military train 18 year olds in discipline and how to handle pressure situations? This is a training issue. Don't give me this "cops are only 25 ****". Edited by Chef Jim

Remember this cartoon after the Giffords shooting? Hey Libs, why does it not apply today?

Cm5eNydUkAEo2Wg.jpg

Remember this cartoon after the Giffords shooting? Hey Media, why does it not apply today?

Cm5fPNFVMAIgB3K.jpg

Remember this cartoon after the Giffords shooting? Hey Dems, why does it not apply today?

Cm5eXSoVYAEYRs8.jpg

Remember this cartoon after the Giffords shooting? Hey everyone, why does it not apply today?

Cm5eGBAUIAAofr-.jpg

Remember BLM protesters, The Obama Administration/DOJ/A.G. doesn't want you to get discouraged

THATS our official position today..........

Edited by B-Man

Can the military train 18 year olds in discipline and how to handle pressure situations? This is a training issue. Don't give me this "cops are only 25 ****".

FWIW. The human brain is NOT fully development till the mid 20's. Myself? I am on the 60 year plan.

18's are still very malleable. How about raising enlistment age to 21 and match drinking. The military would be in disarray. Not so much as they train them @ 18, but break them @ 18.

Civilian police should not be in warrior mode.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Can the military train 18 year olds in discipline and how to handle pressure situations? This is a training issue. Don't give me this "cops are only 25 ****".

And a large percentage of cops served in the military. But lets not interrupt the narrative

And a large percentage of cops served in the military. But lets not interrupt the narrative

I am not sure how to read this. Is it part of the narrative or not?

IMO, it is most likely the root cause of the problem. Warrior mentality. So, I guess you are saying that it is part of the narrative.

Many cops and in the Dallas case, criminal, have been trained by the military.

I am not sure how to read this. Is it part of the narrative or not?

IMO, it is most likely the root cause of the problem. Warrior mentality. So, I guess you are saying that it is part of the narrative.

Many cops and in the Dallas case, criminal, have been trained by the military.

The problem is that the Police have to have authority to do their job. You guys might think of them as jerks, or !@#$s or needlessly harsh or whatever, but there are a number of people who will take any leniency or benefit of the doubt and run with it. They err on the side of caution in this regard, because they'd prefer for you to think of them as a hard ass than be shot/assaulted because they weren't thorough enough.

Add this to the fact that there is no police brutality epidemic in the US right now. Yes there are mistakes, tragedies, and police brutality, and better training may help to reduce situations of brutality and wrongful deaths, but it isn't an epidemic, and they do a remarkable job.

If you think you are being wrongly detained don't :censored: resist. If you feel your rights are being infringed then take it to court. The police will not back down in this regard. Unless they are vastly in the wrong, they won't back down, and they will take you down. If they take you down, and you are still resisting, you still aren't getting out of it, because they still won't back down. At this point any movement can be mistaken for some action of aggression such as hands going towards your pockets for a weapon, the cops weapons etc. At this point for the Cop it is you or him. In his mind for all he knows, you are considering your options: go to jail, or disable the cop enough that he doesn't force you to go to jail.

Cops don't enjoy :censored: wrestling people, get a grip people. (not specifically you)

Edited by What a Tuel

What is wrong with these idiots that they feel entitled to illegally shut down a major interstate, and throw things at police (rocks, a Molotov cocktail, construction rebar, etc...) And call it peaceful and be surprised that people are arrested.

I would say you should be arrested as soon as you take over the freeway. Period.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/10/at-least-5-police-officers-injured-during-protests-in-minnesota.html

My thinking is that these millennial idiots are so entitled and clueless that are not even self aware enough to grasp that their actions have consequences.

This one in Rochester had about 400 "protesters" and 75 were arrested but they claim it was mostly peaceful. Wtf? How does an activity where 20% of partcipants get arrested is peaceful?

http://wivb.com/2016/07/09/74-arrested-in-rochester-but-protests-otherwise-peaceful/

If an officer has to go into every situation assuming the person is armed, how is an armed populace making their job easier? Aren't the concealed guns the problem?

Did we really think this through.

"Gee Mr.Motorist, your tail light is out"

Turns into full disclosure that the motorist is legally packing. What a mess of even the most innocuous traffic stops.

A generation ago, the police establishment would have never pushed for a concealed carry populace.

Again, does anybody ever think sh*t through.

Then by your "logic" the cops in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Kansas, Maine, Mississippi, Puerto Rico, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming must be dropping like files because each of them are an unrestricted jurisdiction - which a permit is NOT required to carry a concealed handgun. The permit law in New Mexico allows one to carry a LOADED gun in a car. OH the horror!

Audacious start.

MASSIVE Cleveland rally against police brutality, Donald Trump draws fewer than 100 - http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/07/16/massive-cleveland-rally-against-police-brutality-donald-trump-draws-fewer-than-100/

proxy.jpg?t=HBhOaHR0cDovL3R3aXRjaHkuY29t

the official press release announcing the event used the word massive three times, not to mention its appearance on signs and flyers.

Cleveland police have said they’re ready for a week of protests outside the RNC, so today’s intimate get together was a nice warm-up for next week’s crowd control challenges.

Meanwhile...........Thousands attend funeral for fallen officer Patrick Zamarripa

CnhY5QQXgAQuL7u.jpg

Edited by B-Man

Audacious start.

MASSIVE Cleveland rally against police brutality, Donald Trump draws fewer than 100 - http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/07/16/massive-cleveland-rally-against-police-brutality-donald-trump-draws-fewer-than-100/

proxy.jpg?t=HBhOaHR0cDovL3R3aXRjaHkuY29t

the official press release announcing the event used the word massive three times, not to mention its appearance on signs and flyers.

Cleveland police have said they’re ready for a week of protests outside the RNC, so today’s intimate get together was a nice warm-up for next week’s crowd control challenges.

Meanwhile...........Thousands attend funeral for fallen officer Patrick Zamarripa

CnhY5QQXgAQuL7u.jpg

Look at all those white cars with a few token black cars

Police: 65 arrested after blocking Baltimore expressway during protest

Baltimore Sun, by Justin George

Original Article

I love that these protesters think that when they stop breaking the law when the cops show up, they can't be arrested.

"But we only blocked traffic for 3 mins before the cops showed up! We complied and they still arrested us!"

Edited by unbillievable

One thing I have learned through the years... The lazy can always hide behind:

Safety

Like the quote:

"Perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Many of the police excuses on how they do their jobs revolve around this... Just as we all do in our vocations, occupations, etc...

I can make my job 100% safe, bog myself down with every PPE in the safety book, follow every reg in the manual... I wouldn't get anything done, be paralyzed to the point of inaction. You know what the worse part would be? Piss a whole lot of people off too. But, I would be safe & kiss my wife & children when I get home.

One takes calculated risks, not foolish risks. One thinks of others, even when they can't save face.

One thing I have learned through the years... The lazy can always hide behind:

Safety

Like the quote:

"Perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live in the real world."

Many of the police excuses on how they do their jobs revolve around this... Just as we all do in our vocations, occupations, etc...

I can make my job 100% safe, bog myself down with every PPE in the safety book, follow every reg in the manual... I wouldn't get anything done, be paralyzed to the point of inaction. You know what the worse part would be? Piss a whole lot of people off too. But, I would be safe & kiss my wife & children when I get home.

One takes calculated risks, not foolish risks. One thinks of others, even when they can't save face.

Difference between you and cops is that cops deal with people that are often unpredictable. You deal with Asian fish

Difference between you and cops is that cops deal with people that are often unpredictable. You deal with Asian fish

Hah... You obviously don't know what I do?

You should come with me to work on a hot summer weekend and wait for the drunks to come back from The Lake. Just yesterday, was a great example. There always ways to solve issues without calling the police or Coast Guard (not even sure CPD would answer).

Years ago... We had off duty CPD officers threathen us because we wouldn't give them priority and/or lock them with a petrol-chem hazmat vessel. They brandished their weapons, threatened to stake out where we work, etc... It took 4 hours to get their boat to leave... Had to call their CO.

Hah... You obviously don't know what I do?

You should come with me to work on a hot summer weekend and wait for the drunks to come back from The Lake. Just yesterday, was a great example. There always ways to solve issues without calling the police or Coast Guard (not even sure CPD would answer).

Years ago... We had off duty CPD officers threathen us because we wouldn't give them priority and/or lock them with a petrol-chem hazmat vessel. They brandished their weapons, threatened to stake out where we work, etc... It took 4 hours to get their boat to leave... Had to call their CO.

It seems the people you deal with are completely predictable: they're drunken !@#$ing idiots.

Boats aren't unpredictable?

Not sure what this guy does, but maybe his patrons don't have a fear that this guy is going to take them to jail.

We see it time and time again when idiots run from police. They don't think of the end game, they think of getting away from the law by any means necessary. Which is why I have never understood why wrestling with a cop is considered an even match, and should be treated as such for by the cop. The idiot resisting loses, and he goes to jail. The cop loses and he gets the crap kicked out of him or worse.

This is why police need authority. They need to have control of the situation for their own safety and yours. People are unpredictable and it only takes a second.

Sounds pretty intense. Watch out for those flying wine coolers.

I was talking about them being idiots and getting themselves killed or destroyed by getting run over.

Anyway, yeah. Pretty d*ck job. I only had to duck behind our brick control house once in my career when there was a muzzle flash going off from across the river. One sign had a bullet hole in it.

Really? Since 911 & our slew of bombthreats, things don't really get wild as they used to. I was talking about that recently w/a co-worker. Seems people don't mess around like they used to... But you usually get a few funky incidents from time to time. But then again, lockage times have grown exponentially longer the last few years vs. the last 20. The Lake is higher again and people get testy having to wait. The key is to let them know what the process is. That is something that never happened years prior, providing information, following the flow of traffic online, etc...

Guys @ Lock 16 (Muscatine, Iowa) just had crazy guy purposely attempt to go through dam... Waving a gun. Okay, that's when you don't launch the lifeboat and go get him... ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

They are in Cleveland, and even as we speak, paid professional protesters, are starting up at the convention outside the Quicken Loans Arena. They're being called anti-Trump protesters, by the way, by the "Mainstream"Media.

Most of these, they're being called grassroots, they're being portrayed as organic, they're not unified, they're just a bunch of protesters. They're so outraged, don't you know, they're so outraged at the Republicans, they're outraged at Trump that they've just shown up independently of each other. This is what the Media want you to know, but it's a paid mob, most likely George Soros money is used to provide whatever's necessary for these people to get there and sustain themselves while they are there.

They are carrying professionally printed signs, as usual, or banners that are so professionally made that they look homey. But don't doubt me, when you see 'em, they are professionally made. These protests are scripted. They are organized. They are bought and paid for, and I'll tell you something else, another little secret, the media outnumber protesters. But the media are doing their best to hide that fact.

They want you to think that Cleveland is swelling beyond its ability to handle it all, with people, legitimate Americans with legitimate grievances that are so fed up with the Republican Party they want to burn the town down. And that is not happening.

Edited by B-Man

I assume that the FBI and Justice department will be on the ground in Dallas today to investigate this as a hate crime and civil rights violation?

I know this is a late response but the FBI was there before the shootings even began. They were tagging along with officers and observing the leo's