Liberal Protests

B-Man

11 minutes ago, Hedge said:

The way we are preparing here in Louisville doesn’t seem like the protestors are going to be getting news they like.

I’ve heard so many rumors about this case and the findings the last few weeks, I have no idea what’s true and what isn’t.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Louisville feels like a powder keg right now. Wife works a couple blocks from the area police have blocked off. 

1 hour ago, Joe Miner said:

The way we are preparing here in Louisville doesn’t seem like the protestors are going to be getting news they like.

I’ve heard so many rumors about this case and the findings the last few weeks, I have no idea what’s true and what isn’t.

what have you heard?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Louisville feels like a powder keg right now. Wife works a couple blocks from the area police have blocked off. 

what have you heard?

Be safe WD!!!   It doesn’t sound good, the kind of precautions they’re making.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

what have you heard?

Rumors:

Rumor has it that the state AG here in KY has been moved out of his house to an undisclosed location in preparation for the announcement.  People are expecting his house to burn.

Rumor has it that the fbi investigation will show that Taylor was the one with gunpowder on her hands and therefore shot the cop.

Rumor has it that the investigation will show the boyfriend used her as a shield.

Rumor has it that the fired cop that shot through the house will be the one charged.

Rumor has it that no one will be charged.

Just now, DFT said:

Be safe WD!!!   It doesn’t sound good, the kind of precautions they’re making.

Yeah. Some of the wife’s co-workers left work early and I’m thinking about keeping her home tomorrow but she just started and her boss seems to think this whole thing is no big deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah. Some of the wife’s co-workers left work early and I’m thinking about keeping her home tomorrow but she just started and her boss seems to think this whole thing is no big deal. 

...hope he's right but I doubt it.......keep her home safe......

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

Rumors:

Rumor has it that the state AG here in KY has been moved out of his house to an undisclosed location in preparation for the announcement.  People are expecting his house to burn.

Rumor has it that the fbi investigation will show that Taylor was the one with gunpowder on her hands and therefore shot the cop.

Rumor has it that the investigation will show the boyfriend used her as a shield.

Rumor has it that the fired cop that shot through the house will be the one charged.

Rumor has it that no one will be charged.

I just heard the boyfriend shield one today. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

She's being arraigned in Buffalo sometime today. I could not find what time.

Quebec woman identified as suspect in case of ricin letter mailed to White House - she's a doozy.

She really hated Trump.

Update (there is a whooooole lot more being covered by the Canadian press than local media):

Not guilty plea entered on behalf of woman arrested in White House ricin case

Pascale Ferrier will remain in custody at least until Monday

A U.S. judge has entered a plea of not guilty on behalf of the woman suspected of sending ricin-laced envelopes from Canada to the White House and to several officials in Texas.

Pascale Ferrier, 53, made a brief appearance in a Buffalo, N.Y., courtroom this afternoon after she was arrested over the weekend at the Peace Bridge border crossing between Fort Erie, Ont., and New York State. She faces a charge of threatening the president.

U.S. Magistrate Judge H. Kenneth Schroeder Jr. said since it is a criminal complaint there was no need for her to enter a plea during her brief court appearance today, but he entered a plea of not guilty on her behalf.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

....was commuting to Cleveland from Rochester during my late wife's double lung transplant at Cleveland Clinic...DA was about to announce prosecuritorial decision on cop shooting (see link if interested).....area hotels started to get requests for block room reservations which meant the outside "hired protesters" were in transit......wisely they said, "we're booked" including the one I was living at.....don't think "Protesters For Hire" exists??....."excellent pay, food, beverage, lodging and transportation provided"......

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2015/12/tamir_rice_decision_no_indictm.html

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Smart.

Yep. She works in the UofL health system and the CEO sent out a long letter about how the police and private security will ensure the safety of the hospitals and outpatient clinics and how protests have widely left health care facilities alone... shockingly enough his letter said nothing about how employees are going to get in and out of downtown safely once the fan has been hit by the projectile poo. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yep. She works in the UofL health system and the CEO sent out a long letter about how the police and private security will ensure the safety of the hospitals and outpatient clinics and how protests have widely left health care facilities alone... shockingly enough his letter said nothing about how employees are going to get in and out of downtown safely once the fan has been hit by the projectile poo. 

Chance favors the prepared.  There's no reason to put yourself in a situation like that.  I've seen too many things in my life to leave my personal safety to public servants.  No offense to any of them but in this environment, you gotta be nuts to believe you're gonna get a fair shake if you have to defend yourself.

• Like (+1) 4

As Louisville goes up in flames and cries of "black bodies" murdered by police ring out across the nation, don't forget what we're protesting: A police officer lawfully executing a warrant knocked and announced himself, was shot at from inside the house, returned fire after being shot at, and struck one of the occupants.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It’s really surreal to be in a city where this is happening... curfew instituted for Louisville.

this is gonna get ugly.

I wonder how much might pop up in other cities too.  My wife's going to be in Raleigh tonight and I'm not too crazy about it at the moment.

Shockingly enough, police doing their duty and returning fire aren’t getting arrested and aren’t being handed over to the crowd to be executed and drug through the streets.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your fires.

i hate this damn city.

Wife got home safe PS.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5