Liberal Protests

B-Man

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The underlying issues are separate from the criminal behavior. Right now I am watching criminals looting, vandalizing, destroying the possessions of others, and assaulting police and other citizens - across this country. There should be a focus on that criminal behavior right now and it should be stopped. They are criminals taking advantage of the situation. 

...and that is their PERFECT cover......."what's the name of the guy we're rioting for?".......

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry my good friend, but cluster bombs provide the desired effect at a "volume discount"......

All the rioters should be punished...legal process of course and there are professional agitators now in control for sure. But do not let that blind you from seeing the issue that need to be dealt with.

Poverty, education, drugs, gangs, racism, healthcare etc. That creates this cultural divide.

For how many years did violence happen in Ireland between Catholics and Protestants.  Professional groups made money, it was an industry but many people died. You can not have your culture face that type hatred. Learn from them.

Watching the Minneapolis press conference on CNN. I think it was the Minneapolis police chief that said that every single 'protester' arrested last night were from out of state.

They are mobilizing the entire Minnesota national guard. ***** getting serious. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

riiiiigggghhhhtttt..... because words are so much more damaging than physical actions.

to a freaking SJW nut anyways.....

its a message board post and maybe both were dumb at least I will own it as opposed to most in here

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Thank you for beong the voice of americans everywhere SMH ...just because you can lecture someone on a message board doesnt mean you are absolutely correct. How in hell do you know what every protester is thinking? THAT to me is idiotic

There are real protesters who are mourning the loss of George Floyd.  No doubt about it.

However they have been hijacked by a conglomeration of ANTIFA, BLM, university student radicals, young uneducated kids and some of the general populace who want in on the action.

and check this out

and this

• Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Margarita said:

delusional thinking here again THANK YOU for speaking for the "they" you have not the slightest clue about. So many Solomons in here. lol 

link? thats terrible if true

Ha. I actually am referring directly to people I know. I made it clear that these are THEIR own statements.

So WTF are you talking about?

It's you that are completely full of *****.

You are gonna lose.

(she deleted it....You're on a roll, baby!)

Edited by Prickly Pete
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

All the rioters should be punished...legal process of course and there are professional agitators now in control for sure. But do not let that blind you from seeing the issue that need to be dealt with.

Poverty, education, drugs, gangs, racism, healthcare etc. That creates this cultural divide.

For how many years did violence happen in Ireland between Catholics and Protestants.  Professional groups made money, it was an industry but many people died. You can not have your culture face that type hatred. Learn from them.

...yup...they are definitely "victims of our lousy society" and daily targets......yet ANOTHER one of your contributory gems...SMH.....

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

Ha. I actually am referring directly to people I know. I made it clear that these are THEIR own statements.

reread what you wrote. The first 7 words you were describing your friends. The rest were directed at ":Progs" and the resulting paragraph. NOT an exclusive to your friends statement sorry.

No doubt this is the prevailing attitude among the Progs.

12 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The underlying issues are separate from the criminal behavior. Right now I am watching criminals looting, vandalizing, destroying the possessions of others, and assaulting police and other citizens - across this country. There should be a focus on that criminal behavior right now and it should be stopped. They are criminals taking advantage of the situation. 

...damn right......paid scum......why should GOOD FOLK regardless of race, creed, color or ethnicity be subjected to this?.....living their lives in fear?...BS.......bring in the military with a strong show of force and do whatever is necessary (YOU fill in the blanks)......

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You focus only on the criminal behavior, all sides do, but there are under lying issues that need to be listened to and only open minds can listen.

Maybe you think I ramble..but I am likely one of the few who does not have an agenda, or a strong position that I am determined to sell.

I can only say in 50 years some progress has been made, but there is a percentage of the population left behind. Reasons ??, don't know,  but troublesome

There are two primary reasons:

1. Societies change very slowly.  Today's move faster than they did in ancient times but they're still slow.  This is sad for individual people; we get about 80 years and while it would be nice to expect everything to be fixed by year 80 it is unrealistic.  Individuals can change but not all do. It would be swell to think that a nice conversation could change every bigot into a self actualized fair person but it doesn't. Maybe it could change greedy people into philanthropists or power hungry politicians into altruistic champions.  It's unrealistic to expect these things and judging people by those standards does not engender improvements, it causes strife and conflict.  People all should be held to the rule of law and judged against that and that alone.  Judgement beyond that is the big man's job.

2. Collectivist attempts to force changes to the above have set us back.  Whether they are misguided good intentions like the welfare state taking fathers out of homes or charalatans fomenting proletariat revolutions to get power for themselves and strip freedom from people, they are harmful.

There are more reasons too but IMO the two above are the top 2.

There are still bigots and this cop might be one.  Maybe he killed the guy because he was black or maybe he is just an ahole who would have done the same to a white guy.  Things like this will happen again.  Some will be interpreted correctly as racially based and some will be interpreted incorrectly.  Trying to force unreasonable expectations for everything to be daisies and gumdrops because that is a desirable outcome, results in these riots.  This does not mean that we should accept events like what happened in Minny.  We shouldn't.  But the response should be law based and everyone should understand that all responses will always be law based.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Magox said:

There are real protesters who are mourning the loss of George Floyd.  No doubt about it.

However they have been hijacked by a conglomeration of ANTIFA, BLM, university student radicals, young uneducated kids and some of the general populace who want in on the action.

and check this out

and this

Im not saying that all those whom are on the streets are not there for nefarious reasons. I just have to question how much of the knowledge bantered here is sheer politically biased conjecture and how much is factual. Folks here speak like they have all the knowledge and disparage anyone who questions or calls it out. To say this thread is predominantely pro Trump and parroting his take is obvious.  But as Ive already stated I dont believe this is solely a political issue at all 

Edited by Margarita

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Im not saying that all those whom are on the streets are not there for nefarious reasons. I just have to question how much of the knowledge bantered here is sheer politically biased conjecture and how much is factual. Folks here speak like they have all the knowledge and disparage anyone who questions or calls it out. To say this thread is predominantely pro Trump and parroting his take is obvious. 

How the hell is anything happening in the last few days have anything to do with Trump?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

There are two primary reasons:

1. Societies change very slowly.  Today's move faster than they did in ancient times but they're still slow.  This is sad for individual people; we get about 80 years and while it would be nice to expect everything to be fixed by year 80 it is unrealistic.  Individuals can change but not all do. It would be swell to think that a nice conversation could change every bigot into a self actualized fair person but it doesn't. Maybe it could change greedy people into philanthropists or power hungry politicians into altruistic champions.  It's unrealistic to expect these things and judging people by those standards does not engender improvements, it causes strife and conflict.  People all should be held to the rule of law and judged against that and that alone.  Judgement beyond that is the big man's job.

2. Collectivist attempts to force changes to the above have set us back.  Whether they are misguided good intentions like the welfare state taking fathers out of homes or charalatans fomenting proletariat revolutions to get power for themselves and strip freedom from people, they are harmful.

There are more reasons too but IMO the two above are the top 2.

There are still bigots and this cop might be one.  Maybe he killed the guy because he was black or maybe he is just an ahole who would have done the same to a white guy.  Things like this will happen again.  Some will be interpreted correctly as racially based and some will be interpreted incorrectly.  Trying to force unreasonable expectations for everything to be daisies and gumdrops because that is a desirable outcome, results in these riots.  This does not mean that we should accept events like what happened in Minny.  We shouldn't.  But the response should be law based and everyone should understand that all responses will always be law based.

Well said, an understanding without an agenda to sell. More thoughtfulness and less tablethumping. There are people from all walks of life hurt by the underlying problems. 

6 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Im not saying that all those whom are on the streets are not there for nefarious reasons. I just have to question how much of the knowledge bantered here is sheer politically biased conjecture and how much is factual. Folks here speak like they have all the knowledge and disparage anyone who questions or calls it out. To say this thread is predominantely pro Trump and parroting his take is obvious. 

Virtually everyone here agrees the cop was out of line, and that a peaceful protest would be justified.

The looting, pillaging, burning buildings, attacking police, etc. has been frowned upon here....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Thank you for beong the voice of americans everywhere SMH ...just because you can lecture someone on a message board doesnt mean you are absolutely correct. How in hell do you know what every protester is thinking? THAT to me is idiotic

He was clearly talking about the people who are looting, setting fires, stealing, vandalizing, and assaulting people - you know, criminals.

I could be wrong here; however, i don't think it is that big of a stretch to attribute less than honorable motives to criminal behavior....

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

How the hell is anything happening in the last few days have anything to do with Trump?

Right? Also, Trump promptly denounced the actions of that cop. Has zero to do with the occupant of the White House 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Im not saying that all those whom are on the streets are not there for nefarious reasons. I just have to question how much of the knowledge bantered here is sheer politically biased conjecture and how much is factual. Folks here speak like they have all the knowledge and disparage anyone who questions or calls it out. To say this thread is predominantely pro Trump and parroting his take is obvious.  But as Ive already stated I dont believe this is solely a political issue at all 

Please just make this clear for everyone:

(1) What is Trump's take on this situation that you are referring to?

(2) What specific views by posters are "parroting" his take?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bilzfancy said:

...not a damn thing but  CONVENIENT CRUTCH....who was Trump during the 1964 riots in Rochester NY?.....who was Trump during the LA Rodney King debacle?.....and these azzclowns wanting to link Trump to the current incendiary situation have merit?.....yet the Obama Administration (?) gets a hard pass on their anti-law enforcement proclifitives?....um ok.........

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Solely? No, not at all.   There are plenty of legitimate protesters but the ones who are participating after 9pm are largely there to contribute to the chaos. There are many disparate groups and individuals who are involved and they don’t all have the same motives but make no mistake at the heart of the rioting not protesting but rioting are organized professionals who should be considered as domestic terrorists because their whole objective is to “burn it all down”.   

And when all these groups are together it makes for a dangerous, contagious Molotov cocktail and nothing good comes out of it.

This is a really bad situation and it is happened in over 20 cities last night and tonight will be worse.

Im afraid that the only way to contain this will have an end result of lots of blood being shed.  My hopes are that their desire to continue on will just burn out but that isn’t likely unless some dynamic steps in.   

I have been up throughout many hours over the past couple nights watching everything on Twitter and they feel emboldened.  And there is nothing anyone on this planet can tell them to make them stop.  

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Solely? No, not at all.   There are plenty of legitimate protesters but the ones who are participating after 9pm are largely there to contribute to the chaos. There are many disparate groups and individuals who are involved and they don’t all have the same motives but make no mistake at the heart of the rioting not protesting but rioting are organized professionals who should be considered as domestic terrorists because their whole objective is to “burn it all down”.   

And when all these groups are together it makes for a dangerous, contagious Molotov cocktail and nothing good comes out of it.

This is a really bad situation and it is happened in over 20 cities last night and tonight will be worse.

Im afraid that the only way to contain this will have an end result of lots of blood being shed.  My hopes are that their desire to continue on will just burn out but that isn’t likely unless some dynamic steps in.   

I have been up throughout many hours over the past couple nights watching everything on Twitter and they feel emboldened.  And there is nothing anyone on this planet can tell them to make them stop.  

It’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Steps need to be taken to stop it and it it needs to start now.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billsfan1959 said:

...multiple cities are erupting......quell it NOW with military force......and that "force" should be whatever is necessary.........you decide.........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Prickly Pete said:

It's you that are completely full of *****.

You are gonna lose.

(she deleted it....You're on a roll, baby!)

I deleted NOTHING lol my reply stands. Yours was worded poorly and I stated my reason for why I thought the way I did.

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I wish Trump could say the right words but it’s just not in him to galvanize support.  He just doesn’t have that ability.  With that said, he’s in a bit of a conundrum, if he comes in hard with a heavy handed federal approach, you will see tons of citizen videos depicting Trump’s rule of law picking on and abusing African Americans and the optics are politically risky.

On the other hand, during these times there is a huge potential political gain for implementing the rule of law when local and state governments run by liberals are proving to be feckless because they don’t have the political will nor stomach to do what is necessary to protect their communities.

That is after all one of the main priorities of our elected leaders is to provide safety to the citizenry. He needs to step up and be the leader of the country because right now there is a huge vacuum across the board and whoever can lead and provide results will be rewarded for it.

29 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

It's easy. Trump stokes the fires of hatred, racism, and white nationalism. It's a certified guaranteed fact... and you're an jackass and a racist actual literal super mecha-Nazi (and you certainly ain't black) if you ask me to actually justify my feelz with anything resembling a fact.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s all about who made the kill. 

Unfortunately, many Caucasians are buying the b.s and have declared war on themselves. 

Of course, I notice that it’s almost universally the Caucasians who won’t see any looting within miles of their house.

Cocktail party liberals just love to whine about ‘injustice’.....right before they check their phone to see how their portfolio did today.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

some of the posters here (you) are advocating violence against protesters, Trumps tweets regarding this situation have made this situation worse. A voice of rationality was needed instead he like yourself seemingly is advocating violence. Insinuating that these protests are there as anti trump in hopes of hurting him nature vs anti police brutality.

Im not so naive as to think everyone protesting is solely due to the death of a black man at the hands of a bad white cop but   reading this thread makes me think the politicalization of this protest in some way supercedes its original cause. And I dont agree.

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

some of the posters here (you) are advocating violence against protesters, Trumps tweets regarding this situation have made this situation worse. A voice of rationality was needed instead he like yourself seemingly is advocating violence. Insinuating that these protests are there as anti trump in hopes of hurting him nature vs anti police brutality.

Im not so naive as to think everyone protesting is solely due to the death of a black man at the hands of a bad white cop but   reading this thread makes me think the politicalization of this protest in some way supercedes its original cause. And I dont agree.

I have never advocated violence against protesters, rioters, yes because that's the only way it will stop, and by the way Trump didn't advocate violence either

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's easy. Trump stokes the fires of hatred, racism, and white nationalism. It's a certified guaranteed fact... and you're an jackass and a racist actual literal super mecha-Nazi (and you certainly ain't black) if you ask me to actually justify my feelz with anything resembling a fact.

...whoa!...he's far more multi-faceted than I ever gave him credit for!......thanks bro.....

I have never advocated violence against protesters, rioters, yes because that's the only way it will stop, and by the way Trump didn't advocate violence either

come on man do I have to repost what you wrote in this thread?  Really? SMH

...when you listen to spew like this from a skank in charge of the nation's "shooting gallery", you know what you're up against..............

Chicago mayor tells Trump 'F-U' after tweet about Minneapolis looting

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasted President Trump and invoked an expletive Friday in response to his tweets after three days of protests in Minneapolis, Minn., when he called the protesters "THUGS" and tweeted that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

“Donald Trump’s comment last night was profoundly dangerous,” Lightfoot said Friday during a news conference to discuss plans to reopen the city. “And we must stand firm in solidarity and say this is totally unacceptable no matter who is the speaker."

“He wants to show failures on the part of Democratic local leaders, to throw red meat to his base," she added, according to WGN9. "His goal is to polarize, to destabilize local government and inflame racist urges. We can absolutely not let him prevail. And I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump. It’s two words. It begins with F and it ends with U.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-mayor-f-u-trump-george-floyd-minneapolis-looting-tweet

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nothing says “protesting” like burning down stores and neighborhoods!

Fast forward two years when left wing politicians are crying ‘raysis’ because there are no local businesses serving these communities.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Please do

here's one. I doubt those protesting were thereto loot the white house SMH

I was watching last night as big groups were in front of the White House, and I know this sounds terrible, but I was telling my wife, I hope they storm the barricades, I promise the secret service won't be using rubber bullets. It will then end real quick.

Edited by Margarita

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Yes... Trump tweeted something that he (nor any president) should ever tweet about shooting looters.

What is now common knowledge about the 'protesters' are that the vast majority are not there to protest.  Minnesota governor has stated that 80 of those arrested were from out of state.  These are agitators/anarchists/criminals that want nothing more than to burn *****, steal *****, and otherwise cause chaos, and when the Minnesota National Guard start shooting them they will conveniently say 'see!  Trump instigated this violence!'.  We will watch as CNN/ABS/NBC/NPR all give these criminals a voice to support the anti Trump narrative.

Anything to get *not Trump* elected.

4 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Actually he did tweet about shooting looters.  Stupid thing to tweet but in the end he's right and the left will use that to further an agenda that breeds more violence and chaos.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Yes... Trump tweeted something that he (nor any president) should ever tweet about shooting looters.

What is now common knowledge about the 'protesters' are that the vast majority are not there to protest.  Minnesota governor has stated that 80 of those arrested were from out of state.  These are agitators/anarchists/criminals that want nothing more than to burn *****, steal *****, and otherwise cause chaos, and when the Minnesota National Guard start shooting them they will conveniently say 'see!  Trump instigated this violence!'.  We will watch as CNN/ABS/NBC/NPR all give these criminals a voice to support the anti Trump narrative.

Anything to get *not Trump* elected.

Thank you for the civil reply.

9 minutes ago, Margarita said:

some of the posters here (you) are advocating violence against protesters, Trumps tweets regarding this situation have made this situation worse.

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

come on man do I have to repost what you wrote in this thread?  Really? SMH

You can repost what he wrote, but, maybe you should just re-read what he wrote. He was pretty clear.

Not one person on this board has advocated violence against protesters. Neither has Trump. 

Seriously, do you not have the ability to make a distinction between legitimate protesters and those engaging in criminal behavior?

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So you have a problem with using rubber bullets to stop violent felons?  

what on earth are you talking about? reread his quote.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You can repost what he wrote, but, maybe you should just re-read what he wrote. He was pretty clear.

Not one person on this board has advocated violence against protesters. Neither has Trump. 

Seriously, do you not have the ability to make a distinction between legitimate protesters and those engaging in criminal behavior?

baloney. and Yes there is a difference between peaceful protesters and criminal behavior. HUGE difference but those non rubber bullets would be flying regardless at everyone there wouldnt they......he "hoped" they would break a barrier why is that?? I guess he wants them dead....

Edited by Margarita

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

what on earth are you talking about? reread his quote.  

Isn't your concern about dispersing looters?  

9 hours ago, Hedge said:

Wrong, Mayor. When you side with Antifa, that is you.

Um....actually Mayor, this is EXACTLY you.  This is exactly what you and the nuts have been cultivating in Portland for years.

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Isn't your concern about dispersing looters?  

are you trolling me KD? lol  Looting the white house Riiight. SMH

Edited by Margarita