DT Stefan Charles Signing 1 Year Deal with Detroit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current projections have them with somewhere in the neighborhood of $50M in cap room in '17. They'll need it to accommodate possible long term deals with Taylor, Gilmore, and Glenn.

I'm still worried.

$8-9mm for Taylor

$8-9mm for Gilmore

$7-9mm for Glenn

Plus XYZ nonsense @ $2mm.

Retain a couple others @ @6mm

We may be lucky to have $15mm to spend on depth players, ideally. They're not easily come by, either

I'm still worried.

$8-9mm for Taylor

$8-9mm for Gilmore

$7-9mm for Glenn

We may be lucky to have $15mm to spend on depth players, ideally. They're not easily come by, either

This is why there's a draft, and specifically why this particular draft will be very important for the franchise going forward. Thankfully, the Bills have been drafting well as of late. Let's hope that continues.

This is why there's a draft, and specifically why this particular draft will be very important for the franchise going forward. Thankfully, the Bills have been drafting well as of late. Let's hope that continues.

The problem is we have more holes than draft picks. We are thin at LB, CB, DL, RT, RG. WR also becomes a concern with Hogan leaving (I just threw up in my mouth a little). We got Sammy and Bobby, and what? Easley coming back from a serious injury. We've done nothing in FA this year and we have starters and backups leaving in droves. It is not looking good right now.

why?

that's the reality that people aren't seeing. we are losing hogan, bradham, rambo, mcklvin, urbik, who else... ? all of these guys were quality depth players. mario was a starter. maybe he was called lazy or not trying, but he was still a starer. losing charles now... not helping.

you do realize that this same thing is happening to every other team int he league right along with us.....how may of those players you just listed should be considered "core guys"?

why?

that's the reality that people aren't seeing. we are losing hogan, bradham, rambo, mcklvin, urbik, who else... ? all of these guys were quality depth players. mario was a starter. maybe he was called lazy or not trying, but he was still a starer. losing charles now... not helping.

Not hard to get more depth... Welcome to the NFL all teams lose players.

I'm still worried.

$8-9mm for Taylor

$8-9mm for Gilmore

$7-9mm for Glenn

It's called the draft... Some people love to overreact.

I'm still worried.

$8-9mm for Taylor

$8-9mm for Gilmore

$7-9mm for Glenn

I don't know dude, those top three are each going to cost more than that. We could push the money into other years but I don't know if thats the best thing to do. May only get Gilmore and Taylor signed.

I'm still worried.

$8-9mm for Taylor

$8-9mm for Gilmore

$7-9mm for Glenn

Right, so cut Kyle Williams next off-season, save another $7mm. Then cut Corey Graham next off-season, save another $5m. Now you are talking $60mm plus under the cap in 2017. Sign Glenn/Gilmore for next year with cap hits of $26mm. Then make decision on Taylor based on this season, if he plays well and they can't get a deal done, franchise him at $22mm. The Bills would still have $20mm plus when Free Agency opens next off-season, with those players signed. The only "big" FA for the Bills next year is Robert Woods.

So the Bills need to replace Williams, Graham and Woods and have 2 drafts and another FA period to do it. They could also just resign Woods, the money is there. With this draft being deep at the DT position, Williams replacement might happen this year.

Yawn. Always wondered why players who fly below radar wind up on other squads and become stars. I think we will be just fine. The production from those who will not be on our roster next year will be easily matched by their respective replacements. I'm confident the FO has a game plan. Go Bills!

Last year they did a ton. Can't do that every year. Why are people acting surprised?

Whaley laid out the plan for free agency well before it began. Not sure what all of the hand wringing is about unless some people were not paying attention.

Charles was a nice depth player but hardly critical. I am pretty sure they can replace his 48 tackles in three years with a younger, cheaper player who may still have some upside. The bills are doing what they said they would do and have not lost anyone yet they planned to keep, although Hogan does look as good as gone.