Incognito signs 3 year deal with bills

because he said he did?

begging ?

he did earn it, and i too hope he keeps it up. I think you are correct about him being a good fit!

Begging might be a little bit strong.

Who cares, he is one of ours and seems to be a Bill through and through. One less spot to have to fill.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited for RI getting arrested soon with all this guaranteed money!

Honestly, if truly changed his life, I really respect that. He was a scumbag before and if he became a better human being after all this, I salute him.

has he been arrested before?

I was not an Incognito fan. I thought his behaviour in Miami was close to unforgiveable. However, last year he played great and behaved great and I am proud to be wrong and proud to support him.

Let's go Richie... now the line is back I suddenly feel confident for 2016. A good draft and well who knows?

Very happy Bills fan tonight.

This is a VERY good sign for the future.

A highly sought after free agent re-signed with the Bills... because.. pause.. he liked the club.. he liked the community.. he expressed loyalty.

We, fans, need to keep this going forward.

yep. this is the new Bills. in the past, guys would have walked. go bills.

There's some players that get a nice payday and then take a game or two (or a season) off because they got their big contract....I don't think Ritchie is one of those guys. Dude still has a chip on his shoulder from the Jon Martin allegations/drama.....and that's ok by me.

I was not an Incognito fan. I thought his behaviour in Miami was close to unforgiveable. However, last year he played great and behaved great and I am proud to be wrong and proud to support him.

Let's go Richie... now the line is back I suddenly feel confident for 2016. A good draft and well who knows?

Very happy Bills fan tonight.

His behavior was unforgiveable but now you support him? Maybe his behavior was just Ritchie being Ritchie and the "victim" was overly sensitive. I don't see how the banter between two teammates required him to sit out a year nor was it unforgiveable. Just my opinion.

There's some players that get a nice payday and then take a game or two (or a season) off because they got their big contract....I don't think Ritchie is one of those guys. Dude still has a chip on his shoulder from the Jon Martin allegations/drama.....and that's ok by me.

His behavior was unforgiveable but now you support him? Maybe his behavior was just Ritchie being Ritchie and the "victim" was overly sensitive. I don't see how the banter between two teammates required him to sit out a year nor was it unforgiveable. Just my opinion.

Again, it wasn't just one instance. It was a pattern. He was kicked out of multiple colleges. He bounced around the NFL because he took stupid penalties and got into it with coaches. He got voted dirtiest player in the league. There were allegations he sexually harassed a female at a Fins golf tourney.

Like I said earlier, I genuinely hope he has changed his life and good for him if he did. But he did a lot more than just the Martin incident and it's not crazy that some fans might have been skeptical of him. He's even said as much.

Again, it wasn't just one instance. It was a pattern. He was kicked out of multiple colleges. He bounced around the NFL because he took stupid penalties and got into it with coaches. He got voted dirtiest player in the league. There were allegations he sexually harassed a female at a Fins golf tourney.

Like I said earlier, I genuinely hope he has changed his life and good for him if he did. But he did a lot more than just the Martin incident and it's not crazy that some fans might have been skeptical of him. He's even said as much.

And that's not mentioning the self described drug issues not that far back.

On the bright side it's not a terribly high risk deal

I thought he was suspended because of the bullying allegations? Not sure how bouncing between NFL teams or being voted Dirtiest Player is a suspensionable (is that even a word? :) offense. Hoping he remains humble and thankful for the opportunity to play a game and make $15 million.

And that's not mentioning the self described drug issues not that far back.

On the bright side it's not a terribly high risk deal

Didn't read that - but still - drugs are prevalent throughout the league. I think people are nitpicking and looking for ways to rewrite history. He was suspended for "harassing" a 315 pound fellow offensive lineman. Comical in hindsight.

I said a few days ago that I wanted Richie to show an awareness of the situation he was in. That this payday might not be on the table without the Bills taking a leap of faith.

To see that happen gives me hope that there's a real difference in Richie. The old Richie might've chased the money but I think he's made the right decision. It's fair compensation for his play and he continues playing in a locker room that embraced him, for coaches that gave him stability, in a scheme that's ideally suited to his skill set.

I'm so glad I was wrong about him.

I was really happy when I read that Incognito stayed and his reasoning. I was not too happy when they gave him a shot but that crow is pretty tasty I have to say.....not often you see guys show loyalty anymore.

Good for the Bills! This was an important - critical - re-signing. I do think the Bills may have gotten a modest discount, but we won't know until we see the structure. The big factor is guaranteed money, of course. That's the other aspect of a "discount" versus other teams' offers. We're the Bills more comfortable guaranteeing more money than other teams due to the current relationship? I don't know, but I'm happy it worked out as it did. The Bills really need him. Here was my estimate for a RI deal from 3/3/16. I overshot total value by $1.25M, but I'd expect the structure to be similar:

"I was thinking something close to that. Bills in the $5M per and RI in the $6M per areas. What would you say to something like a 3 year deal with a $5M signing bonus, and salaries of $1M, $5M and $6M with only the first year salary guaranteed? The Bills could be out from under that in two years for $11M and the cap hit from the signing bonus would be spread over three years. First year cap hit would be $2.67M."