Incognito signs 3 year deal with bills

Fredex

I dont often see good points of discussion from you but this def is one

My take

Richie Cog has always been a talented player and that is evidenced by always being a starter and making a pro bowl while he was with Miami.......

Personal demons, alchohol abuse, etc has always turned teams off though......and it took being suspended from the league to actually give Richie a wake up call (I hope)

We are going to see this year if he truly has turned a corner on the personal side of things.....having OL friends on the bills might be aiding this

or

They could restructure deals on Gilmore and meatball.......and actually get some B list free agents

I know guys who have spent plenty of time in NFL locker rooms and they have spent time around Richie. They all say he's a good guy who means well, he's just the type of guy who doesn't know when he's crossed a line. I think we've all probably experienced people like that and they can become very difficult to deal with day after day.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a 2 year deal......ritchie will never see the 3rd year of that contract

NFL contracts are a joke the reported per year $ is always high because the back end of the contract.

Yesterday, Mike Felger who is a local radio guy in Boston for a copy of Gronks contract. The Patriots redid his rookie deal after year two and we all know Gronk makes 9 million a year right?

Turns out through the first six years of his deal which if I remember correctly would be through 2017 he will make a total of 36 million. 6 million per year not nine. If he plays out the final two years of his deal (which he won't because it would screw the Pats cap) his total money earned would be just under 56 million. 56 million in 8 years...that is 7 million per.

All we hear is what the team and agents tell us. It does them both a service to over state the contract. The agent is "making" record breaking deals and the team is taking care of its players.

We all sit here and stew over the cap the more I look at it the cap is crap teams can manipulate these deals so many different ways that a lot of the numbers we see aren't even accurate. The only thing that matters is guaranteed money.