Kraig Urbik cut (update - signed with Miami)

I guess they are counting on Miller....he didn't bring in last year.....Urbik was better than him. But, whaley is grasping to solve his cap problem...and he can get younger guys cheaper, I guess. Vet minimums end careers, I think, for backup/marginal players. thats OK.....the bills still have big problems on the O line........only Wood is stable imho. Everything else in play.....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's true. You just wonder though for guys like Urbik if the Bills are just so lukewarm that they wouldn't waste their time with "negotiating"-- it's more like, "see what you can go get, and if you want to come back, we can talk about a vet min deal, assuming we haven't grabbed a cheaper rookie."

As an aside, I know Urbik still lives here in Pittsburgh (lives in the same neighborhood of a buddy of mine), and so maybe he is thinking Bills, Steelers, or just retire.

Steelers could def be a possibility as their line lacks depth. We love player trading with them via cuts.

What neighborhood is he in?

Urbik was better then Miller last year.

He's a solid depth player. I'd rather they have kept him. Not a fan of this move.

Neither am I.

Why am I not shocked? :lol: Getting upset over a marginally talented expendable player who can easily be replaced. Gimme a break!

this one does not make sense to me. There is a good chance we lose Richie, there are major questions at RT, and we are depleting our oline depth. We now need 2 guards and a tackle added to roster- amongst our other holes

Why am I not shocked? :lol: Getting upset over a marginally talented expendable player who can easily be replaced. Gimme a break!

I don't like the move either. He's solid depth at 2 positions, maybe 3(both guard positions and center).

He was ok at RG , maybe backup C. I just hope Miller can be better than Urbik. I trust Kromer's judgement if he gave the ok.

Didn't they pick up a backup C that wound up on the practice squad? Maybe they like him better as backup center and think that he can cover the backup guard slot?

The thought of Urbik as a backup center made me pray for Woods continued good health

this one does not make sense to me. There is a good chance we lose Richie, there are major questions at RT, and we are depleting our oline depth. We now need 2 guards and a tackle added to roster- amongst our other holes

fingers crossed that they are closer to signing Richie than the media would have us believe and this move is part of that

Didn't they pick up a backup C that wound up on the practice squad? Maybe they like him better as backup center and think that he can cover the backup guard slot?

The thought of Urbik as a backup center made me pray for Woods continued good health

Ryan Groy

I know they picked up Ryan Groy, who played as the 7th OLmen against Dallas and the Jets to end the season. They may think that he can be their top backup at guard.

Not sure about who would play center though; they may end up trying to pick up a guy like Will Montgomery that can be the game day interior backup at both spots.

Neither am I.

Me neither

Bills obviously trying to set themselves up to get out of cap jail...

But at what cost?

Slash type OL players are tough to come by. Urbik was one and his price didn't sound too onerous. I wonder what the replacement plan is and why it was felt that he wasn't good value.

I hope you're right. There's certainly room on the depth chart to add young talent at any of the 3 positions.

As we have seen over the past decade, said talent is very very difficult to come by.

Me neither

But at what cost?

Slash type OL players are tough to come by. Urbik was one and his price didn't sound too onerous. I wonder what the replacement plan is and why it was felt that he wasn't good value.

off all the moves today cutting Urbik is a head scratcher. Serviceable and the best RG last year. Not a great player but a good one.

The cost of all of this since unless a miracle happens under the Ryan twins. 2016 is another no playoff season. maybe they willl cut or let walk their LT next year to free up space for Tyrod if he develops and other contracts coming up that will not come cheap.

and that's being kind!

Ever since that Raider game for a playoff berth in 2014 when I watched Urbik get driven five yards into the backfield on a run play by some scrub DT...all I could think is how does this player even have a job in the NFL.

Ok pass blocker at times and a very poor run blocker.