Kraig Urbik cut (update - signed with Miami)

That's all coming to a head shortly, if they fail to draft capable linemen again this year we are screwed on the right side. The left side of the line has the front office hostage because of the manner in which we have addressed the line.

Cujo- had enough red flags to make nascar fans jump off a bridge.

Richardson- late round, close your eyes and hope.

Henderson- well if this works out I'm going to be everyone's favorite GM. Nice value for a 7th however.

Refusal to address the line is a problem. Chris Williams was a joke, Incog saved this front office a lot of ridicule. Miller seems to be a decent value at a 3rd but the only time he looked good was in OTA's in shorts and a t-shirt.

sad, but true

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when was the last time we drafted a good guard? Levitre? he's flopped out a little bit. before that was rueben brown?

is drafted a *quality* OG harder than drafting a QB?

It is if you think you can find them in the later rounds.

The team has to actually acknowledge they would be willing to spend a first round pick on an OG like the Bills did when they drafted Ruben Brown. Levitre was a second round pick and then not even the first second round pick that year. LT Cordy Glenn was a second rounder and looking back the Bills were exceedingly lucky to find him in the 2nd and that might be because some teams projected him at OG.

So, this team drafting so few QB's with first round picks over the last 30 years is a big reason why they haven't found another Jim kelly too.

That's all coming to a head shortly, if they fail to draft capable linemen again this year we are screwed on the right side. The left side of the line has the front office hostage because of the manner in which we have addressed the line.

Cujo- had enough red flags to make nascar fans jump off a bridge.

Richardson- late round, close your eyes and hope.

Henderson- well if this works out I'm going to be everyone's favorite GM. Nice value for a 7th however.

Refusal to address the line is a problem. Chris Williams was a joke, Incog saved this front office a lot of ridicule. Miller seems to be a decent value at a 3rd but the only time he looked good was in OTA's in shorts and a t-shirt.

Things look to be changing at OBD with the thinking about the O-line mostly because this team in the past would have never tagged Glenn for 13.706 mill! The real problem is they are quibbling over a few mill for Richie who is on his last contract.

Now here is the rub! Should the team fail to sign Incognito (and it sure looks that way as of now) both Wood and Glenn will probably revert back to their 2013-2014 play and should that happen then neither player will be worth anywhere near what they are being paid.

The past regimes thinking that OG's are a dime a dozen, you can move any OT to OG and be successful, you can find interior O-linemen in the later rounds. Those regimes didn't realize that a quality OG will make the players on both sides look better. Which is probably why recently no RT has looked to be worth a damn.The old saying that no man is an island is fitting because those young OT's have difficulty playing with "not so good" play from the RG's next to them.

The really sad thing is that even now after watching first hand what a quality OG will do for a team and yet they are still balking at paying Incognito what he is worth.

Edited by Nihilarian

• 3 weeks later...

we need a guard who can also back up Wood Look for one early oline pick IMO

i think they may take an OT early but Ryan Groy is a player they signed midseason last year who can back up at OG and OC. I would be surprised to see them take a OG taken early this year unless there was tremendous value. Edited by YoloinOhio

A good backup but a bit costly at our current cap situation. Such a good find by Nix in his first year, turned in some quality starts. I suspect that the team will draft O-line in the mid rounds and scour the veteran markets as free agency closes out and for June cuts. I am comfortable with InCog and Miller at guard but the depth behind them isn't very good.