McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

There's a guy on PPP that resembles that remark.

"A guy." LOL.

looks like my jersey curse continues...I just bough my 5 year old a 25 jersey for Christmas. now what am I going to tell him :(

Tell him he died and went to dummy heaven.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, you have skewed your own experience by approaching situations involving police officers with the expectation of repulsive behavior?

I didn't always dislike them. In fact, society teaches you they are great people. My experiences changed my opinion.

I value my experience and feel I have had enough to make a judgement. Am I forcing people to accept my judgement. No. But I don't like cops in general. I don't feel like I need to be subtly implied to be a racist in order to have that opinion.

The police are not a race of people. The police are men and women, most of them with good intentions, who are public servants, and as such should be open to scrutiny. They are not a private security force. I don't think your correlation is a good one.

Police SHOULD be open to scrutiny. They HAVE to be overseen.

My point is that judging an ENTIRE group of human beings is wrong. If you think that doing so is ok, carry on.

My bias stems from stuff like this, of which there is tons: http://deadspin.com/5979293/lesean-mccoy-sics-twitter-army-on-his-broke-worthless-babymama-after-she-accuses-him-of-being-a-deadbeat-dad

He is a good football player, however.

Don't forget the party bus incident.

In the immortal words of Bear Bryant as he watched Forrest Gump. "He must be the stupidest son-of-a-B word alive. But he sure is fast!"

Edited by KDS73

The Bills aren't playing football right now. This isn't a distraction, it's not causing issues in the locker room. And like I said no one knows what actually happened so it's silly to say it's "trouble" for the team when there is nothing conclusive to base that off of.

You're presuming guilt or association because you don't like the guy and think he's a jerk. This isn't close to the paceman incident. No one was arrested. No charges have been filed(yet). No one knows what happened (yet). Which is my point. You're making conclusions without facts.

All I'm saying is you're reaching for a conclusion before we know anything of substance. It might turn out you're 100% right in how this all went down, but until we know for sure it's just speculation.

I'll certainly grant that I'm speculating, and McCoy's past behavior may be overly influencing my opinion, which is admittedly pretty jaded with regard to him.

That said, I guarantee you that the Bills regard this as a pain-in-the-ass headache occurring at an important time for the GM (i.e., draft season).

Edited by dave mcbride

Police SHOULD be open to scrutiny. They HAVE to be overseen.

My point is that judging an ENTIRE group of human beings is wrong. If you think that doing so is ok, carry on.

OK, let's put it like this.

You meet 10 random people from all over the world. 9 of them you like, 1 of them you don't. - "I like people in general".

You meet 10 random cops. 3 of them you like. 7 of them you don't. - "I don't like cops in general".

How should I phrase my opinions so it's not disturbing to you?

Cut him.

I don't see that happening. They take a bigger cap hit to do so, and even if he's suspended (at this point there is no arrest and no proof he did anything so a good lawyer should prevail on any charges) they would rather have him for 12 games (or whatever it is) than zero Edited by YoloinOhio

I am Jewish and I would be fine with that if they had a good reason. There are Jewish stereotypes that I feel are true and I wouldn't blame anybody for disliking "my group" for it in general.

True stereotypes that encompass an entire religion? That is ok? Wow!

I am part Jewish and I sense that you and I differ enough that we shouldn't be judged as being the same.

That said, do be well. :)

I'll certainly grant that I'm speculating, and McCoy's past behavior may be overly influencing my opinion, which is admittedly pretty jaded with regard to him.

That said, I guarantee you that the Bills regard this as a pain-in-the-ass headache occurring at an important time for the GM (i.e., draft season).

:beer: I'm not trying to pick on you or your opinion at all, for the record.

I don't see that happening. They take a bigger cap hit to do so, and even if he's suspended (at this point there is no arrest and no proof he did anything so a good lawyer will prevail) they would rather have him for 12 games (or whatever it is) than zero

There are ways to cut him and save. You can push some dead cap into the future with post June 1st designation.

I don't see that happening. They take a bigger cap hit to do so, and even if he's suspended (at this point there is no arrest and no proof he did anything so a good lawyer should prevail on any charges) they would rather have him for 12 games (or whatever it is) than zero

The cap hit is huge if they cut him. That's not happening. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/lesean-mccoy/

Grainy cell phone video presumably provided by a patron shows nothing. They are waiting on another one. Porter reportedly the aggressor, McCoy "hopped in" later.

Whatever that means - trying to help his buddy in a 1:3 I guess.

https://www.readfulapp.com/site/PhillyNews/?tag=Pro%20Sports&item=56b8d8e383966a0434ef6433

Watching videos like that reminds you how stupid all these media reports and threads are. It's just a club fight. They happen every night.

Of that we are in complete agreement

True stereotypes that encompass an entire religion? That is ok? Wow!

I am part Jewish and I sense that you and I differ enough that we shouldn't be judged as being the same.

That said, do be well. :)

You know. I'm starting to sense that you think I speak in absolutes, when I think it goes without saying that I'm not speaking in absolutes.

Perhaps there is a communication issue here.

OK, let's put it like this.

You meet 10 random people from all over the world. 9 of them you like, 1 of them you don't. - "I like people in general".

You meet 10 random cops. 3 of them you like. 7 of them you don't. - "I don't like cops in general".

How should I phrase my opinions so it's not disturbing to you?

I don't know, how about we simply judge people as individuals? ;)