The curse didn't start with Flutie, it started w/ Belichick

After watching the Four Falls of Buffalo I was rudely reminded that Bill Belichick was the Giants Defensive Coordinator who crashed the Bills K-Gun and robbed them of their First SuperBowl.

Granted a lot of partying was going on and the Bills were riding high after throwing down 51 against Oakland. These Bills were unstoppable, but Belichick through them for a loop with his 2-5 defense.

No one had seen a D like this and the Bills never really adjusted their tempo or game plan to exploit what the Giants were doing.

Twenty five years later that little scoundrel still has our number. He's confounded our coordinators for two decades, laying the Bills into a stupor and sending them into the wallowing halls of mediocracy.

When I think back on how many times he has out coached us, it turns my stomach a bit.

Watching the Four Falls was nostalgic but I couldn't help but think of what would have become of the Bills is they won that first one. I understand the 4th loss a little better and saw the pressure of 2 and 3. We may never see a run like that in the NFL again.

It made me proud to be a Buffalonian, but also very sad. Those were the days of my youth and all these years later seeing everyone come and go and still not a whiff of the glory. How I wish Rex could pull it together and get this team over the hump.

And just like Beebe knocking the ball out of Lett's hand, I will keep going, keep believing and keep following my beloved Bills.

Our previous owner was only concerned about the profit margin, not winning. We had many bad decisions made FO wise, on the coaching front, and with personnel. It all adds up to the stretch of futility we have been witness to. We now have an owner who is willing to do whatever it takes to get us back in the upper echelon of the NFL, a quality GM imo, a better coach than we have seen around here in many years, and a roster that is not lacking talent in very many places at all. The drought will end, hopefully in 2016.

The curse is a combination of poor decisions on management (hiring), poor decisions by management (hiring), poor management of personnel (picking) & poor coaching decisions (hiring, player management).

Until there is a sustained period (2-4 years) of sound decisions (more good than bad) your curse will continue. There's no magic wand, no gremlin (flutie), no demon.

If Talley tackled Meggett...

I see that play in my nightmares, never "wide right".

Sure, Kelly's ego and Marv's/Marchibroda's inability to demand he call running plays hurt, but that loss is and always has been on the defense.

Belichick didn't stop anyone, unless you think giving up 17 points in 19 minutes is stopping the opponent.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

After watching the Four Falls of Buffalo I was rudely reminded that Bill Belichick was the Giants Defensive Coordinator who crashed the Bills K-Gun and robbed them of their First SuperBowl.

Granted a lot of partying was going on and the Bills were riding high after throwing down 51 against Oakland. These Bills were unstoppable, but Belichick through them for a loop with his 2-5 defense.

No one had seen a D like this and the Bills never really adjusted their tempo or game plan to exploit what the Giants were doing.

Twenty five years later that little scoundrel still has our number. He's confounded our coordinators for two decades, laying the Bills into a stupor and sending them into the wallowing halls of mediocracy.

When I think back on how many times he has out coached us, it turns my stomach a bit.

Watching the Four Falls was nostalgic but I couldn't help but think of what would have become of the Bills is they won that first one. I understand the 4th loss a little better and saw the pressure of 2 and 3. We may never see a run like that in the NFL again.

It made me proud to be a Buffalonian, but also very sad. Those were the days of my youth and all these years later seeing everyone come and go and still not a whiff of the glory. How I wish Rex could pull it together and get this team over the hump.

And just like Beebe knocking the ball out of Lett's hand, I will keep going, keep believing and keep following my beloved Bills.

Incorrect, the curse started with McKinley!

Buffalo's D cost them the game. the offense was slowed down a bit with the 2-5 because they ran the ball more than they had previously that season. Plus the fake injuries helped slow the K-Gun down as well. but ultimately it was poor defense, a third and 17 or something with at least 3 missed tackles comes to mind...If the Bills had the ball longer than 19 minutes, they would have had more than 19 points for sure...

Edited by ricojes

Buffalo's D cost them the game. the offense was slowed down a bit with the 2-5 because they ran the ball more than they had previously that season. Plus the fake injuries helped slow the K-Gun down as well. but ultimately it was poor defense, a third and 17 or something with at least 3 missed tackles comes to mind...If the Bills had the ball longer than 19 minutes, they would have had more than 19 points for sure...

This. i believe it was Ingram of the Giants who slipped all those tackles and was finally tackled 1 yard past the first down marker! ARRGHHH!!!