Toughest QB's of all time?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for something different, I don't recall this ever being discussed here or at least anytime too recently. In my lifetime the first three guys that I think of are Kelly, Favre, and Big Ben. If I was ranking them I would probably have to go with #4 as my #1

Tough to beat the old timers in the toughness category.

Y.A. Tittle

Johnny Unitas

Kenny Stabler

Joe Ferguson (that's right)

Elway was a tough and super competitive guy in that mold.

Heck, Dan Marino was tough too. He hated to be hit but I don't exactly remember him as being frail.

Marino was a whiner. He was awesome with his quick release, but I've never heard of him being tough. His release was so fast, he rarely was hit.

Now the other guys on the thread like Stabler, Plunket, Kelly, Elway. Those were tough guys.

Y.A. Tittle

Johnny Unitas

Kenny Stabler

As soon as I saw he topic I thought old timers. Those guys could legally get the crap kicked out of them. Ferguson playoff game against Chargers on a broken leg.

“Meredith was really tough. He got beat up so bad in his early years. His last game, up in Cleveland, he came out of the hospital to play with a broken rib, a punctured lung, and pneumonia. I saw Meredith's nose broken so bad that it spread all over his face. Looked like a raccoon.” —Bob Lilly

Y.A. Tittle

Johnny Unitas

Kenny Stabler

As soon as I saw he topic I thought old timers. Those guys could legally get the crap kicked out of them. Ferguson playoff game against Chargers on a broken leg.

It has to be the old time QBs who top the list.