Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Salguero is Miami media member who covers Dolphins

@armandosalguero

The idea of Doug Marrone (HC) combo with Jim Schwartz (DC) has been mentioned to me by multiple sources today as a viable one.

There is no world that exists where I'm worried about Doug Marrone. He's a decent coach. This would bring back the Dolphins rivalry to full blast. That said, I don't buy Marrone to Miami.

Yeah...blow it up after one year...

What is it about Rex over the past 3-4 years tells you he belongs here as the HC of he Bills.

You are one of those guys whom would keep for only one reason---that he needs ANOTHER year of ineptitude in Buffalo before he gets fired. Because....one isn't enough.

What is it about Rex over the past 3-4 years tells you he belongs here as the HC of he Bills.

You are one of those guys whom would keep for only one reason---that he needs ANOTHER year of ineptitude in Buffalo before he gets fired. Because....one isn't enough.

It's your opinion that it was ineptitude, and an avalanche of public support from the simplistic view that worse than last year means inept coach, and not that there were a multitude of different factors that led to the year that we had. But yeah, Rex Ryan injured Kyle and Aaron Williams, Rex Ryan caused EJ Manuel to blow the game against the Jaguars. Who knows what happened with Mario, but the rest of the line seemed capable of making tackles at least under this "horrible scheme". There are valid reasons why this team is going to be more capable and better next year. Will they for sure? Who knows.

It also amuses me that Doug Marrone could go 6-10 his first year, got a second year and improved the team to 9-7, but with Rex that's UNpossible because he is just too goofy in press conferences!!

Why are you telling another fan what THEY are all about?

There are real reasons why you dont shitcan Rex after year one.....and this is coming from someone who is VERY unhappy with the job he did this year.

Not bitter, the numbers don't lie. Rex did less with more than Marrone. Marrone was good (not great) but his teams were prepared and played hard. He finished 1 to 2 games ahead of where they will finish this year and they added Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Darby, Karlos, Incognito, etc... The 2015 Bills are much more talented that the 2014 version yet finished behind them. That is certainly on the coaching staff.

If u add in all the injuries we suffered this season we are nowhere near as talented as last season.

If u add in all the injuries we suffered this season we are nowhere near as talented as last season.

How many games did Freddy and CJ play last year? McKelvin (who was our #2 CB, not #3)? How many games did we trot EJ out there? How many games did Chris Williams play? How many games was Cyril Richardson forced to play?

Sorry, not buying it.

There is a lot of "anyone other than Rex " going on....Rex has proven he can coach in the league....I think this off season will get us some players to run his defense effectively and buy into his system....

When he interviewed for the Bills job last year, do you think Rex told the owner that he would need different players to run "his defense" and that it would take a couple years to build a playoff team??

How many games did Freddy and CJ play last year? McKelvin (who was our #2 CB, not #3)? How many games did we trot EJ out there? How many games did Chris Williams play? How many games was Cyril Richardson forced to play?

Sorry, not buying it.

And the offense was better this year than last. The defense was hit hard by injuries/mario though.

Does anyone remember the Raiders game last year when Dareus went out in the 2nd quarter? And we let the Raiders put up 140 yards rushing on us in a game where we believed we were in playoff contention? Teams averaged 106 rushing yards a game against us that year. The Raiders were the 8th worst rushing team that year at 94 yards a game.

While Rex's scheme does need work, and does need more players to fit, can we not imagine what the 3-13 Oakland Raiders would have done to us last year with the injuries we have this year? Throw Mario Williams not trying into the mix and forget it. It's not an excuse, it is the reality of what happened this year.

And the offense was better this year than last. The defense was hit hard by injuries/mario though.

Does anyone remember the Raiders game last year when Dareus went out in the 2nd quarter? And we let the Raiders put up 140 yards rushing on us in a game where we believed we were in playoff contention? Teams averaged 106 rushing yards a game against us that year. The Raiders were the 8th worst rushing team that year at 94 yards a game.

While Rex's scheme does need work, and does need more players to fit, can we not imagine what the 3-13 Oakland Raiders would have done to us last year with the injuries we have this year? Throw Mario Williams not trying into the mix and forget it. It's not an excuse, it is the reality of what happened this year.

Dareus wasn't hurt this year. And the Oakland Raiders averaged the same Rushing YPA that we allowed all season, they just got more attempts because the offense stunk.

Rex and Whaley are here to stay for the foreseeable future. We all have doubts, but it is reality. The blame game is good for wasting time under the current set of circumstances. JMO. While we all cry about it, personnel moves will still occur and the beat as always will go on. The 2016 season will still have to get played out. As I remind myself often for my sanity, football is just another TV show that is filmed live. When you buy the ticket, you take the ride. Pegs bought his tickets, and one year is not the summation of a truly unknown future. If they s*** so bad and it's all doom and gloom, why watch in the first place?

Not bitter, the numbers don't lie. Rex did less with more than Marrone. Marrone was good (not great) but his teams were prepared and played hard. He finished 1 to 2 games ahead of where they will finish this year and they added Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Darby, Karlos, Incognito, etc... The 2015 Bills are much more talented that the 2014 version yet finished behind them. That is certainly on the coaching staff.

The record will not be as good this year as last, but Rex will have a better first season in Buffalo than Marrone did.

I think both of those scenarios are comparing apples to oranges.

I could argue with all that new 'superior' talent comes time to gel. From my years of watching sports more times than not year two brings the biggest growth area when a lot of new pieces are added.

Dareus wasn't hurt this year. And the Oakland Raiders averaged the same Rushing YPA that we allowed all season, they just got more attempts because the offense stunk.

Correct. People blame the Raiders rushing for us losing that game....we rushed 13 times for 13 yards. The offense lost us the Raiders game more than the defense did.

I think this year was very humbling for Rex.....all coaches have to be arrogant to a point when interviewing...they all think they can work magic with what they have.....this years defense wasn't the case....was it scheme? Maybe....did some players regress? Maybe.....I'm going with Rex is a good coach and knows defense.....Whaley knows talent....they get some of the right players who are smart enough to run Rex's defense and the results will show....those that haven't bought into the defense will be removed. I still have optimism for Rex.

Here's what I see is the problem with picking the coach first:

Coaches get fired much faster than GM's typically do. 3 to 4 years of losing you're gone, where usually you'll give the GM at least one more shot with another coach. Now you have a GM who was hired by the last coach picking the new coach.

GM needs to see the bigger picture, what helps the team down the road next season or the season after that. All the coach cares about is next Sunday for the most part. A GM hired by the coach may tend to do to much of what the coach wants and not think about the long term good of the team.

A coach can pick the GM, but may turn out the GM now doesn't ask "how high" when the coach tells him to jump. If the GM hired the coach, the coach wouldn't expect him too, when the hire was in the other order he will and can see the relationship going down the tubes quickly when he doesn't do exactly as asked.

The only way I could see it working is if the GM is told specifically he works for the coach, but again the long term good of the team may suffer unless the coach is really good. NE kind of unofficially has that relationship, but even there it took some years of Belichick proving himself before he was given that kind of power.

I've often wondered why they do not go with coach first and GM second. You'd think the value would be:

Team > Coach > Front Office.

The front office lines up the pins for the coach to take aim with and roll the ball (team).

Get your coach, decide your system and what will be needed to run it and find the guy you want to bring in your talent. Not that the coach has to be involved.

I thought Elmers name was Fudd? Elmer is also glue.