Marrone/Schwartz to Miami? Nope. Gase it is.

YoloinOhio

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Salguero is Miami media member who covers Dolphins

@armandosalguero

The idea of Doug Marrone (HC) combo with Jim Schwartz (DC) has been mentioned to me by multiple sources today as a viable one.

They will have a better D and if they get some weapons they could be dangerous. MaRoon is a tuel but he did give us a winning season with no QB

Rex isn't the problem

sure :lol:

There is a lot of "anyone other than Rex " going on....Rex has proven he can coach in the league....I think this off season will get us some players to run his defense effectively and buy into his system....

That is the problem, we had a top 5 D and now we have destroy it and start over ... Rex is the problem

Letting the coach pick the GM is often the case, but only when you bring in an established name like a Shanahan or someone at that level. At this point a guy like a sean Peyton has earned that right. Can't believe you're going to let Marrone pick the GM??

apparently they are letting the coach pick the GM

Schwartz already said he doesn't want to go to Miami as a DC didn't he? Is he a huge fan of Marrone? :lol:

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/1951007/jim-schwartz-doesnt-want-coach-ndamukong-suh

Edit:

The article clarifies that decline a little bit

“Taking the job in Miami definitely would have chewed directly into the money he’s getting through the end of his Buffalo contract, which means he would have been working for free in South Florida.”

Edited by What a Tuel

There is a lot of "anyone other than Rex " going on....Rex has proven he can coach in the league....I think this off season will get us some players to run his defense effectively and buy into his system....

Where is he going to get the time machine?

Still better than Marrone though.

Salguero is Miami media member who covers Dolphins

@armandosalguero

The idea of Doug Marrone (HC) combo with Jim Schwartz (DC) has been mentioned to me by multiple sources today as a viable one.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Schwartz wants to play 2nd fiddle to Marrone again. Marrone was miiiiightty full of himself as "Saint Doug", the "miracle worker" who led the Bills to their first winning season in whatever, and not so full of credit to "my fine defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz who improved the D so much"

Thank you Zevo..agree, i know we are,a bitter group of people, but these calls to fire Rex and people saying Marrone is a better coach are just crazy

Not bitter, the numbers don't lie. Rex did less with more than Marrone. Marrone was good (not great) but his teams were prepared and played hard. He finished 1 to 2 games ahead of where they will finish this year and they added Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Darby, Karlos, Incognito, etc... The 2015 Bills are much more talented that the 2014 version yet finished behind them. That is certainly on the coaching staff.

Not bitter, the numbers don't lie. Rex did less with more than Marrone. Marrone was good (not great) but his teams were prepared and played hard. He finished 1 to 2 games ahead of where they will finish this year and they added Tyrod, Clay, McCoy, Darby, Karlos, Incognito, etc... The 2015 Bills are much more talented that the 2014 version yet finished behind them. That is certainly on the coaching staff.

Not excusing the coaching staff, but the injury bug hasn't exactly been kind to the Bills at any point this year. There is a difference in that. Harvin, Taylor or Watkins against the Jaguars would have us saying 0-1 games different than Marrone.

We need to dig up Schwartz's input on Marrone. Someone put up the Maple Leaf/whiskey/Replacements symbol. It'd be interesting to hear about the relationship of the two...

I think Miami could succeed with Marrone/Schwartz provided they get the right offensive coach - McAdoo (Giants OC) would be a good fit with them. Tannehill is much the poor mans Eli.

apparently they are letting the coach pick the GM

I've often wondered why they do not go with coach first and GM second. You'd think the value would be:

Team > Coach > Front Office.

The front office lines up the pins for the coach to take aim with and roll the ball (team).

Get your coach, decide your system and what will be needed to run it and find the guy you want to bring in your talent. Not that the coach has to be involved.

This is my reaction to the Dolphins considering hiring Douglas Marone.

I thought Elmers name was Fudd? Elmer is also glue.

Have to respectfully disagree, the D has looked confused and were reacting to the offenses all year, not dictating..............

And whose fault is that. NFL players are paid professionals and are paid to do a job; a job description that has been put up by the Coaching staff. They have to follow the instructions/orders associated with that staff. They did not. If the D was confused, then may be the players needed to stand up and raise their view inside the club house. Pouting in the media does not get you anywhere. It is the same thing as it happens in your job. If you can't do your job then it is the next man in the line.

And whose fault is that. NFL players are paid professionals and are paid to do a job; a job description that has been put up by the Coaching staff. They have to follow the instructions/orders associated with that staff. They did not. If the D was confused, then may be the players needed to stand up and raise their view inside the club house. Pouting in the media does not get you anywhere. It is the same thing as it happens in your job. If you can't do your job then it is the next man in the line.

i think confusion stemmed from the combination of the new system (which is complicated) and the fact that there were so many injuries and guys being shuffled in and out, especially at safety and up the middle where two vet leaders were missing since week 6 - Kyle and Aaron. It was a mix of a lot of things and guys like Duke Williams and some of the LBs just not being able to step up. There were some that did though - Rambo, for one. But he's still a backup and that showed at times. injuries while implementing a new scheme really held them back. Add in Mario's refusal to adapt and ensuing lack of production. Edited by YoloinOhio