Are you still bitter over fredex after seeing carlos

seadog

You may joke, but I would dread to see the 2014 offense without Fred.

Fred wasn't himself last season anyway after he ripped his groin. His durability is shot despite being one tough SOB. He wasn't worth keeping around as a 3rd string RB who didn't play ST. I wish him the best this postseason.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred should be on the wall when it is time.........but

What could he really have done to help us?

What he did in Seattle.

Play on third down. The most important down.

At one point, the Bills were leading the NFL in 3 and outs.......they may still be.

As dave mcbride pointed out......he has actually played 1/4 of the snaps in Seattle.

Mostly used in the passing game.....blocking and catching the ball to help convert........and TT and the Bills had some real struggles on 3rd and short downs because McCoy is not a threat to succeed in short yardage and Karlos is not quick and doesn't get sideways on short yardage.

If there is one thing I am done with from Roman it is the no back in the backfield plays on 3rd and short that turn into 40 yard incompletions.........but when your backs aren't good in short yardage it's a problem.

The interesting thing is just how much Gillislee looks like Fred Jackson out there. Same body type.....same meticulous footwork....looks like him running in the open field and catches the ball like him.

Edited by #BADOL

Fred wasn't himself last season anyway after he ripped his groin. His durability is shot despite being one tough SOB. He wasn't worth keeping around as a 3rd string RB who didn't play ST. I wish him the best this postseason.

I don't know, he led the team in first downs last year. People act like he is an invalid. He can still play, and does play for Seattle. The leadership is a fantastic bonus.

Karlos and even Gillislee are irrelevant in the discussion.......the team carries 4 RB's and the Bills kept Bryce Brown and the nearly worthless Boobie D in favor of Fred. :lol:

The season was lost when the Bills had 6 of their first 8 games at home or a neutral site........and only came out of it 4-4.

They missed Jackson early with all the *unavailability* of McCoy and Karlos.........and the lockerroom missed his leadership all season.

dave mcbride had a good thread about the Fred decision recently......nobody in their right mind expected Fred to be a big yardage rusher......he's a complementary player at this point but he was a valued player in Seattle this year....playing a lot more than most people here think........and the Bills missed him in short yardage and on third downs where McCoy and Karlos are both very weak performers.

this is spot on.....

It was a stupid move. Glad Fred gets to go to the playoffs, but I have yet to hear a coherent argument explaining why he wasn't worth a roster spot.

nailed it.

What would have happened had he been made inactive early in the season? Nobody wins in that scenario and it would have happened multiple times. Let Fred Go. I love the man and what he brought to us and how he played the game. I believe this was a part of the business decision and I'll never accept it. Yet I completely understand it.

Go FREDDY!

are any of these guys better than Fred ?

Ciere Wood, Daniel Herron, Boobie Dixon, Jerome Felton

I don't think so.

Boobie Dixon actually plays special teams and Felton is a fullback. Fred Jackson would be an inactive 4th stringer at this point. Fred Jackson would be a waste of a roster space since McCoy/Williams/Gillislee are all better runners at this point and he doesn't play ST.

Edited by Fingon

Still bitter, always will be. Fred was the heart and soul of the team, and without him, the Bills are tearing themselves apart. As bad as it was during Jauron, Gailey, and Maroon, the team stuck together and didn't turn on each other. Glad Fred is going to the playoffs with Seattle, he deserves it.