Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

Brilliant- there are so many competent backup QB's available. Maybe once Romo is healthy we can take one of Dallas' , Moore and Cassel looked great last night. Draft a future QB- no crap- every team does that, it's just that it doesn't often work out. Are these geniuses recommending anything about improving our defense?

There's a dearth of quality Quaterbacking in the NFL even among the 32 "starters". But an upgrade at the backup? Who???

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!!!!

I think the media picked this up and then Created a story. Pegulas have yet to renew the contract of whaley!

Hence.. HE IS GONE AND THE BILLS ARE FALLING APART!

garbage. and the majority of fans quickly project all the details that never existed behind closed doors.

We don t know.

and to trust Vic or Jason or Rodak would be a fools errand

So he owns the first winning record in a decade? This year the team is likely headed for 8-8 if not 9-7 again. Even if they end 7-9 he would be .500 for the last 2 years. You're right though let's run him out of town he's terrible...

This is what happens when one of the worst franchises in sports. Finally get a "C" average.

Fans accept the medicrity as some sort of big accomplishment. This year Whaley's roster has one (cog)

Maybe two (Darby)!pro bowl caliber players. A lot of the " good" players are me first prima donnas. There is no team.

Losing Whaley wipes more of the former regimes stink off the deck. For those that think that "at least six teams" will line up for his services. What would that be based on? Is he better than Nix? yep. But that's a pretty low baseline. One coulld argue the

Best off season acquisition TT was Rex's guy all along.

So he owns the first winning record in a decade? This year the team is likely headed for 8-8 if not 9-7 again. Even if they end 7-9 he would be .500 for the last 2 years. You're right though let's run him out of town he's terrible...

He owns everything re: EJ over the past 2 years. The trade-up for Sammy to help EJ, pushing EJ on Marrone and the fighting that resulted, pushing EJ on Rex and the fighting that resulted... DW owns all of that.

Edited by Rico

He owns everything re: EJ over the past 2 years. The trade-up for get Sammy to help EJ, pushing EJ on Marrone and the fighting that resulted, pushing EJ on Rex and the fighting that resulted... DW owns all of that.

Nonsense! If he pushed EJ on Marrone anjd Rex we wouldn't have seen Orton and Tyrod at QB in the last two seasons.

Strange - the showdown is over how the OFFENSE has played? o_O

I mean, I want to see Sammy featured too, but chalk some some of that up to a first year QB. But the D, that's been the letdown...

I am a Whaley supporter, but, also find it weird of his gripes.

Future of Rex is fine though. Smh what a joke.

The Pegula's seem like slow learners. Set the Sabres back a few years with poor decisions, now take an up and coming Bills team and set them back. If Pegula hired Rex without Whaley's approval, it's all on him. Any sports fan could tell you the need for a GM and coach to be totally on the same page. According to initial press reports, the parties involved did say they were exactly on the same page, so what's the issue? Is this just more speculation without facts?

Huh? You think the GM controls who starts on gameday, let alone the 53? What HC would even agree to that set up?

I think the GM controls the roster, yes. I'm sure some input from coaches but it's the GM's responsibility to assemble the roster. I didn't mention the game day roster.

I think the GM controls the roster, yes. I'm sure some input from coaches but it's the GM's responsibility to assemble the roster. I didn't mention the game day roster.

I mean, that's assembling the 90. Not the 53. Coaches make the cuts, and do gameday rosters. I was responding to someone who thought Doug Whaley had control in regards to what QB started. Every report says he has no control in that say. Along with the fact that any GM controlling the 53 and the game day roster would mean the coaches basically have no control over anything, makes that very very unlikely.

I mean, that's assembling the 90. Not the 53. Coaches make the cuts, and do gameday rosters. I was responding to someone who thought Doug Whaley had control in regards to what QB started. Every report says he has no control in that say. Along with the fact that any GM controlling the 53 and the game day roster would mean the coaches basically have no control over anything, makes that very very unlikely.

What 90 are you referring to, the training camp roster? I think the GM has final say on the 53, I imagine most teams don't have a QB controversy, so there probably is agreement on QB starter, but that might be where problems may arise.

I have to think, in a normal situation, that the GM and coach discuss difficult roster decisions or at least a direction to go in. But it is the GM's job to give the coach the roster he needs to succeed, then it's the coaches job to make it work on the field. But no doubt in my mind the GM has final say on the 53 and if it came down to it, the game day roster, but I can't imagine too many arguments over game day rosters except for QB. If they disagree too often, then you have problems.

The Pegula's seem like slow learners. Set the Sabres back a few years with poor decisions, now take an up and coming Bills team and set them back. If Pegula hired Rex without Whaley's approval, it's all on him. Any sports fan could tell you the need for a GM and coach to be totally on the same page. According to initial press reports, the parties involved did say they were exactly on the same page, so what's the issue? Is this just more speculation without facts?

Totally disagree with the statement being set back Pegs bought into (and allowed) the tank understood team had to hit rock bottom to move forward

As far a Ryan his hiring is on the Pegulas they wanted him

What 90 are you referring to, the training camp roster? I think the GM has final say on the 53, I imagine most teams don't have a QB controversy, so there probably is agreement on QB starter, but that might be where problems may arise.

I have to think, in a normal situation, that the GM and coach discuss difficult roster decisions or at least a direction to go in. But it is the GM's job to give the coach the roster he needs to succeed, then it's the coaches job to make it work on the field. But no doubt in my mind the GM has final say on the 53 and if it came down to it, the game day roster, but I can't imagine too many arguments over game day rosters except for QB. If they disagree too often, then you have problems.

Yes, I am referring to the TC roster. That's how the process works in the NFL, with some rare exceptions. However, upon doing some more research, it does appear the "story" floating out there is that Whaley controls the 53 and Rex the 46 game day roster. So who knows?

The last question is something to track. When Ryan was hired, the team announced that he'd report directly to owner Terry Pegula. Whaley has control over the 53-man roster and Ryan has control over the 46-man game-day roster.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2015/11/jets_bills_rex_ryan_doug_marrone_sammy_watkins.html

Totally disagree with the statement being set back Pegs bought into (and allowed) the tank understood team had to hit rock bottom to move forward

As far a Ryan his hiring is on the Pegulas they wanted him

They allowed the tank, only after the initial free agent splurge failed, only then did he move on from Regier and eventually Ruff. Made a poor decision in allowing Lafontaine to hire Nolan, got lucky that Murray was hired and that Nolan was a horrible coach, allowing for the tank. It may work out well, but it really sucked watching the Sabres the last few seasons.

Whaley most certainly does have final say on the 53 and the coaches control the game day roster.

I think Whaley wants to be let go. This is his way of getting his walking papers. He probably has offers from other places already.

Good observation, I can see that being the case. I hope we don't end up giving Ryan full control.

Re Roman v. Whaley, I have to think that some of that boils down to the EJ issue. Roman reportedly preferred Cassel early in camp. I can't imagine he was thrilled with the trade, regardless of Cassel's quality as a player. That stuff lingers.

I think that was more media driven than an actual preference by Roman or another coach. Cassel is an awful starting QB.

Re Roman v. Whaley, I have to think that some of that boils down to the EJ issue. Roman reportedly preferred Cassel early in camp. I can't imagine he was thrilled with the trade, regardless of Cassel's quality as a player. That stuff lingers.

If this is still an issue after watching Cassel throw up all over himself in Dallas, then shame on them. I could see not making Sammy a more integral part of the offense being an issue, but Matt FN Cassel? :lol:

@viccarucci

#Bills owner Terry Pegula is taking outside #NFL consultation on what to do w personnel matters to fix a team that has gone backwards.

@viccarucci

Pegula hearing from outside #NFL sources that #Bills need to move on from Manuel, upgrade backup QB & draft future QB. Bad news for Whaley.

boom....that's exactly what the Bills need to do.

If this is still an issue after watching Cassel throw up all over himself in Dallas, then shame on them. I could see not making Sammy a more integral part of the offense being an issue, but Matt FN Cassel? :lol:

I'm telling ya, that stuff lingers regardless of the outcome (Cassel's performance in Dallas). Roman is highly likely one of those coaches who wanted nothing to do with Manuel. Anyway, it's less about the player at a certain point than the perceived undermining.

interesting. Very odd. Roman has been fine. The major problem has been Thurman. Whaley should complain about that. He'd likely have a sympathetic ear from the owner and most fans there. Whaley should campaign to bring Schwartz or Pettine back.