Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF that's true, then I fear that Whaley is a goner.

That would suck, since I doubt they'll be able to pry Eric DeCosta out of Baltimore.

Best we could hope for is to get a Will McClay or Chris Ballard (Dallas and KC, respectively)

Yeah, I totally agree with the part about Whaley being a goner if the report is true. I'm not sure how much of a bad thing it'd be though. I've found his work to be very uneven and average at best overall. I don't know enough about potential GMs to give an opinion on them yet, but being able to work well with Rex and find the kinds of players needed by the current schemes is paramount.

Strange - the showdown is over how the OFFENSE has played? o_O

I mean, I want to see Sammy featured too, but chalk some some of that up to a first year QB. But the D, that's been the letdown...

The Roman and Watkins discussions don't bode well for Whaley. He's on the defensive about his moves. Watkins shouldn't be held to the standard of what the Bills gave up for him. Once a guy is on the team that shouldn't matter. But the GM absolutely should have to answer for it. His successes have come at very big costs. Wakins is a fine player, but at the cost of an elite one. Clay is a very good all-around TE, but he's got a top 5 TE deal. Shady is the biggest success as he is an elite back. The combination of his sizable new contract and trading Kiko equates to a very fair amount of compensation. The other big issue is Taylor, who is certainly a success - but that was all Rex. Whaley's contributions at QB look very unfavorable compared to what Rex did (whether or not Taylor is a long term answer).

the person pulling the strings.....Russ Brandon

new GM = hope/high expectations = ticket sales

I think Pegs is still in charge. Brandon being the ultimate yes-man is going to go 100% with whichever way the wind blows.

Would Russ spin a DW departure as a positive though? Absolutely.

I think this is the other way around. Whaley is and should be well respected throughout the league. He won't have any trouble finding a job as he'll be courted by several teams. He's not under contract so he's the one with the leverage. The Bills may have an uphill climb to convince him to sign a new contract. Having the head coach not report to him was a bad start.

How often is lacanfora right? I seem to Remember him saying a lot of stuff about the bills that never comes true.

I don't understand the Whaley hate. Anytime I get in a debate about him the only thing the Whaley haters have to say is he traded cassel but 2 months before you were complaining that he traded for cassel. I understand this is buffalo and 2015 and we absolutely have to complain about every little thing but damn.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

:lol: Well, at least Sammy is worth fighting about.

Should be no surprise to anyone if DW is gone, sorry Pollyannas and shills.

There's no defending the statement that people that think Whaley is a good GM are Pollyannas or shills.

Sorry, but that's a stupid thing to say.

the person pulling the strings.....Russ Brandon

new GM = hope/high expectations = ticket sales

The never ending conspiracy theory to place 16 years of blame on one person is hilarious