Watkins

Gilmore

Incognito

Honorable mentions: Hughes, Tyrod, Darby, Mario, Clay

Worst

Mulligan

Duke Williams

Cyrus

Felton (I can't be the only one to see him miss his block all game long)

Boobie

IK is pretty horrible too, but I ran out of room.

Edited by Mark80

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that it would be fun to do something a little different. Who are the best 5 players on the roster and who are the worst 5 players on the roster? There are LOTS of ways that you can go. There are certain guys that I had a hard time leaving off.

I'll go first:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Darby

Dareus

Worst:

Cyrus

Boobie

Gragg

EJ

Carpenter

Just me, but I don't think backups/special team ace guys belong on the worst list. I would pick the worst starters or at least guys who see the field regularly.

I don't think Carpenter belongs there at all.

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Glenn

Incognito

Gilmore (Darby is a good rookie and has great promise, but he's a rookie)

Worst:

Duke Williams

IK Enemkpali

Mulligan

Seantrel Henderson

Cyrus Kouandjio

I thought that it would be fun to do something a little different. Who are the best 5 players on the roster and who are the worst 5 players on the roster? There are LOTS of ways that you can go. There are certain guys that I had a hard time leaving off.

I'll go first:

Best:

McCoy

Watkins

Incognito

Darby

Dareus

Worst:

Cyrus

Boobie

Gragg

EJ

Carpenter

Couldnt resist huh (EJ). What about Henderson

1. McCoy 2. Watkins 3. Darby 4. Incognito 5. Hughes (despite his penalties he has made big plays)

Im going to pick starters for worst, not backups. Worst- Henderson, Carpenter, Woods, Bryant, Miller in no particular order

Hughes is a man. I honestly think he is the most deadly dl we have. By a lot

What about felton? Couple his lack of play time. Lack of impact. Missed blocks. And disdaim for the system. He has to go on my worst list

how would we know how bad they are?

Sarcasm?

Couldnt resist huh (EJ). What about Henderson

Henderson was a consideration, as was Butler (and I forgot IK). I don't think that I'm alone in thinking that EJ is one of the worst few players on the roster. He is a total liability when he is out there. This isn't a QB thread though. It simply asks your opinion on the best and worst players on the roster.

If I was to take someone off of my worst list it would be Boobie for his ST contributions. He's an awful RB but a pretty good STer.

Mario is a stud rush DE who is being asked to play DT & LB. he may be the most overpaid player right now, but far from the "worst".

Well said

Boobie Dixon is a special teamer primarily. Can't hold his running against him just like you can't hold Easley's receiving skills against him

Boobie's calf injury from preseason is still holding him back some......he is better at rb than he has showed this year.

Mario is a stud rush DE who is being asked to play DT & LB. he may be the most overpaid player right now, but far from the "worst".

So it's ok that he is essentially saying..."nah", and dogging half the plays?

Did I miss this?--how is McKelvin not on every worst list? I give him props for really seeming to enjoy his time on the field, but he's lost out there.

Best:

McCoy

TT

Sammy

Hughes

Darby

Worst:

McK

Mario

Carpenter

Gragg

Rex

Hughes is a man. I honestly think he is the most deadly dl we have. By a lot

What about felton? Couple his lack of play time. Lack of impact. Missed blocks. And disdaim for the system. He has to go on my worst list

Ya felton should be in there too, kind of forgot about him. He is useless, even on taylors td run last game, he completely whiffed on the block

duke preston

melvin fowler

tutan reyes

michael jasper

mansfield wrotto

bonus: geoff hangartner

i know that wasn't the question, but just reading that list makes me shake my head...except for when i remembered mansfield wrotto...that actually made me laugh

Henderson was a consideration, as was Butler (and I forgot IK). I don't think that I'm alone in thinking that EJ is one of the worst few players on the roster. He is a total liability when he is out there. This isn't a QB thread though. It simply asks your opinion on the best and worst players on the roster.

If I was to take someone off of my worst list it would be Boobie for his ST contributions. He's an awful RB but a pretty good STer.

Well said

When I think about the absolute clowns that EJ had as his coaches his first two years I can only think he was being developed by people who had no business running an NFL offense. Remember no QB coach his first year in the league. Now see how Greg Roman is game planning, calling plays for Tyrod Taylor in having him manage the game rather then force him to carry it with 40+ passes a game. I can't help but think that they might be some hope for EJ in all this.

Think back to the games EJ played in this year. Cincy 23 rushes vs 42 passes. Jacksonville 28 rushes vs 42 passing attempts with no Sammy! If the Bills defense could have stopped Bortles from driving 80 yards for the last score the Bills win that game.

Now look at Tyrod the games since the Jags game. Houston 36 rushes vs 21 attempts passing attempts, W. -KC 28 rushes vs 38 passing attempts, L.-Patriots 30 rushes vs 36 passing attempts, L. -Jets 33 rushes vs 27 passing attempts, W- Miami 36 rushes vs 12 passing attempts. Then the earlier games going backwards. Tenn 28 vs 18, W. Giants 28-42, L. Miami 34-29, W. NE 27 vs 30, L. Indy 36 vs 19, W

Clearly with a healthy McCoy, and run game working the Bills are far more productive on offense. When the Bills run more then they pass they have won every game. I also think this years offense with last years defense this years team would be 9-3.

When I think about the absolute clowns that EJ had as his coaches his first two years I can only think he was being developed by people who had no business running an NFL offense. Remember no QB coach his first year in the league. Now see how Greg Roman is game planning, calling plays for Tyrod Taylor in having him manage the game rather then force him to carry it with 40+ passes a game. I can't help but think that they might be some hope for EJ in all this.

Think back to the games EJ played in this year. Cincy 23 rushes vs 42 passes. Jacksonville 28 rushes vs 42 passing attempts with no Sammy! If the Bills defense could have stopped Bortles from driving 80 yards for the last score the Bills win that game.

Now look at Tyrod the games since the Jags game. Houston 36 rushes vs 21 attempts passing attempts, W. -KC 28 rushes vs 38 passing attempts, L.-Patriots 30 rushes vs 36 passing attempts, L. -Jets 33 rushes vs 27 passing attempts, W- Miami 36 rushes vs 12 passing attempts. Then the earlier games going backwards. Tenn 28 vs 18, W. Giants 28-42, L. Miami 34-29, W. NE 27 vs 30, L. Indy 36 vs 19, W

Clearly with a healthy McCoy, and run game working the Bills are far more productive on offense. When the Bills run more then they pass they have won every game. I also think this years offense with last years defense this years team would be 9-3.

You may have forgotten that the Bills were playing from behind in both the Jax and Cincy games and had to start airing it out...

Love the EJ apologizing though. Bottles has looked like he is making progress under the clowns that you reference .

Ya felton should be in there too, kind of forgot about him. He is useless, even on taylors td run last game, he completely whiffed on the block

He's been a real disappointment this season. Considered by many the best blocking FB in the League (I think he made a Pro Bowl w/ the Vikes) and a big reason for AP's early HOF career, his complete whiffs are easily spotted on almost every run that goes nowhere. Especially frustrating when his responsibility leading the runner is the 1st guy breaking containment.. It's to the point now that I'm specifically watching him on run plays to see if its just unfortunate happenstance or he's just not very good. He can lay the lumber but it seems only if he has a clear view at his main objective.