Trump Alone at the Top

This is a statement that even a Conner should agree with:

"We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

This is a statement that even a Conner should agree with:

"We are a nation of immigrants. But we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

What kind of deplorable racist would say such a thing!!!

This is the kind of thinking that reminds me of Germany in 1939!

Edited by HoF Watkins

Ban all members of a religion has more of a 1939 feel though, doesn't it?

It's Trump's position, not mine. And no, it's not the same thing as Nazi Germany. But you can't take one "nation of immigrants" statement and pretend Trump didn't say the other things.

We shall see how it turns out. I believe he will sharply curtail immigration by Muslims, but allow some. Stopping immigration of new people, isn't the same as "banning" people already here, and if he starts mass executions of ANY people, I will fight against it to the death. But then, that's not going to happen anyway.

Our choice in this election was between Amnesty for 10+ Million Illegal Aliens, and immigration of "as many as possible" refugees, OR a halt of Muslim immigrants, a deportation plan for illegals, and a border wall.

I chose the latter, mainly because there is no coming back from the former, and the latter can be reversed (if it is even implemented).

Edited by HoF Watkins

Didn't watch the whole thing, but I question if anything was funnier than the 6:05 mark where he's coming to terms with the fact that Hillary's victory won't come as a landslide.

8:59 hysteria was good too. After 12 min was so much anger and so much hate. "this will get people hurt, you can't roll up on us people like you could in the 50's". What the !@#$?

"I'm sorry if he is going to deport one of your family members."

Except it is.

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a [Trump] campaign press release said.

That's not "Ban all Muslims." That's "Suspend all Muslim immigration until certain conditions are met for national security." And more reflective of the fact that Trump has the communications skills of a coked-up mongoose than of any policy or belief. That's also a far cry from 1939,

And I'm not trying to convince you it's a good idea (it's not.) But for God's sake, it's not like the carnival barker doesn't have enough actual reasons to criticize him that you have to quote hyperbolic, inaccurate headlines as gospel.

Except it is.

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a [Trump] campaign press release said.

Forgive me if I have missed it in these massive threads, but what is it that you are expecting/predicting will happen that justifies comparing Trump to Hitler?

Mass executions? Internment camps? Making Muslims wear some kind of symbol (I know he mentioned wristbands or something, but that won't happen). Death Squads killing Illegal Aliens?

Edited by HoF Watkins