Trump Alone at the Top

The Trump excuse makers will be working overtime. So far his transition team is a clown show. It will be a dumpster fire by January. I hope the country survives the next 4 years.

Hey, it's you liberals that wanted an authoritarian executive who could get things done without Congress.

You caused this mess. Careful what you wish for. Process actually matters.

From the front page of today's BN

Trump transition in disarray with firings, infighting
2 advisers on national security team ousted as world leaders try for contact
By Julie Hirschfeld Davis, Mark Mazzetti and Maggie Haberman
NEW YORK TIMES
Two officials who had been handling national security for the transition, former Rep. Mike Rogers and Matthew Freedman, a lobbyist who consults with corporations and foreign governments, were fired. Both were part of what officials described as a purge orchestrated by Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and close adviser.
The dismissals followed the abrupt firing Friday of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie as transition chief in favor of Vice President-elect Mike Pence
Kushner, husband of Trump’s daughter Ivanka, was systematically dismissing people such as Rogers and Freedman who had ties with Christie, a transition official said. As a federal prosecutor, Christie had sent Kushner’s father to prison.

That's funny, because other outlets are reporting that it is Pence that's cleaning out all Christie influence. He also dismissed all lobbyists from the transition team. So far so good.

CHANGE:

All lobbyists have been cut from Trump’s transition team:

Vice President-elect Mike Pence reportedly ordered the removal of all lobbyists from president-elect Donald Trump’s transition team, The Wall Street Journal wrote on Tuesday night.

The decision was one of Pence’s first since formally taking over the team’s lead role. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was abruptly dismissed from the post last week.

Seems like a good start.

BRADLEY SMITH: Trump’s campaign kills the ‘money buys elections’ cliche.

JOURNALISM: Trump leaves press behind to have dinner with family. Press goes crazy about “transparency.”

This is, however, more evidence in support of my thesis that Trump will get far more scrutiny than Obama ever got, or than Hillary would have gotten.

UPDATE: Heh.

Screen-Shot-2016-11-16-at-10.38.51-AM-60

I am prefacing this with the obvious. I ain't much but stupid.

I didn't want Hillary. I didn't vote Trump. I believed Trump the better optiom than Hillary. At least the country would be deadlocked a year or two against him and learn to work their issues out independentlu. Lo and behold that's more or less his message, one you didn't get from new sources. Turn it to the states. That's a message I am fully behind. Marginalize and remove the powers of the presdent and I'll be just happy as can be. Fix what W and Obama took for granted.

This may be great and I hope more people see it. Anytime national media is crying than we need to be happy.

Thank God you're here. We were running out of doomsday-panicking left wing talking point robots.

Clown show!

Dumpster fire!

The only dumpster fire and clown show I've seen lately is the party that couldn't even beat this meandering chucklehead at the ballot box.

Fear not. After eight long years in exile with nothing to complain about, I'm sure we'll see some old friends returning to the board between now and January.

PAST PERFORMANCE IS NO GUARANTEE OF FUTURE RESULTS:

Shot:

A vacationing President-elect Barack Obama slipped away from the traveling press pool that follows him wherever he goes, taking his two young daughters, family members and friends to Hawaii’s Sea Life Park.

— Lede for article with the earthshaking headline, “Obamas visit Hawaii sea park,” CNN.com, December 27, 2008.

Chaser:

cnn_trump_dinner_11-16-16-1.jpg

Steady lads – keep it together, MSM.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/249387/

You would be much better off if you accepted your responsibility for this mess.

You won't, of course, as "responsibility" is anathema to liberals. But you'd still be better off.

Haven't you heard? He's not a liberal anymore. He's a libertarian. Just look at his position on things.

CHANGE:

All lobbyists have been cut from Trump’s transition team:

Vice President-elect Mike Pence reportedly ordered the removal of all lobbyists from president-elect Donald Trump’s transition team, The Wall Street Journal wrote on Tuesday night.

The decision was one of Pence’s first since formally taking over the team’s lead role. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was abruptly dismissed from the post last week.

Seems like a good start.

BRADLEY SMITH: Trump’s campaign kills the ‘money buys elections’ cliche.

JOURNALISM: Trump leaves press behind to have dinner with family. Press goes crazy about “transparency.”

This is, however, more evidence in support of my thesis that Trump will get far more scrutiny than Obama ever got, or than Hillary would have gotten.

UPDATE: Heh.

Screen-Shot-2016-11-16-at-10.38.51-AM-60

Unbelievable, the NBC article about him going to dinner. How does **** like that even get published?

Unbelievable, the NBC article about him going to dinner. How does **** like that even get published?

With his Tuesday night actions, the Trump Administration is shaping up to be the least accessible to the public and the press in modern history.

That's funny. "Trump's secretive because he had dinner without us!"

You would be much better off if you accepted your responsibility for this mess.

You won't, of course, as "responsibility" is anathema to liberals. But you'd still be better off.

You are pathetic.

Unfortunately for self proclaimed geniuses like you - you can't differentiate between self criticism and alliance.

I have been critical of the GOP since the first federal shutdown in 2009.

But thin skins like you confuse critical thought with a "liberal" label.

The GOP has been a void of ideas for decades and Trump filled it in - if you can't see that - you just not the critical thinker you think you are.

The GOP has no ideas for health care, no ideas for real tax reform, no ideas on how to help the great rural swaths of America that voted Trump in.

The GOP have focused on social issues, tweaking voting rules, scapegoating various elements of the country and fear mongering.

The result is they have produced zero (114 congress) results or negative results (43 Presidency).

Trump is not a Republican but a series of circumstances put him where he is.

I thought the GOP was the party of responsibility?

When the GOP starts coming up with real ideas to balance the budget, reform HC, help the people who voted T in...maybe they will be actually conservative or republican.

Edited by baskin

You are pathetic.

Unfortunately for self proclaimed geniuses like you - you can't differentiate between self criticism and alliance.

I have been critical of the GOP since the first federal shutdown in 2009.

But thin skins like you confuse critical thought with a "liberal" label.

The GOP has been a void of ideas for decades and Trump filled it in - if you can't see that - you just not the critical thinker you think you are.

The GOP has no ideas for health care, no ideas for real tax reform, no ideas on how to help the great rural swaths of America that voted Trump in.

The GOP have focused on social issues, tweaking voting rules, scapegoating various elements of the country and fear mongering.

The result is they have produced zero (114 congress) results or negative results (43 Presidency).

Trump is not a Republican but a series of circumstances put him where he is.

I thought the GOP was the party of responsibility?

When the GOP starts coming up with real ideas to balance the budget, reform HC, help the people who voted T in...maybe they will be actually conservative or republican.

You'd be even better off if you lived in reality. Everything - everything - you just said is more applicable to liberal dipshits like yourself than it is to the Republicans or conservatives.

I find the disarray talk about the transition humorous.

Whether it was Trump or Clinton, the idea that either would have all the answers only EIGHT DAYS after the election on staffing an entirely new executive branch is absurd.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/us/politics/obama-white-house-transition.html?_r=0

The problem isn't that Trump doesn't have the answers. The problem is that he didn't even know the questions.