Who else is still pissed off!

Extra painful this season because of being a Hokie (maybe bigger than Bills and that's saying a lot) and watching Tyrod struggle in Roman's offense. Also think the severity and TIMING of seriously bad calls have cost us at least one if not two games - that's so hard to internalize - makes me ill.

TT should be the best thing to happen to the Bills and for a fleeting moment he was. To see all the vitriol on here about how he can't do this or that - and at least feel if not know outright - that he definitely can lead this team. Kid has "it" and has won wherever he's been. I don't think anyone on here has a solid feel for how much Roman lets him do at the line pre-snap. He will get better with reps on reading the field. It's only 9 games against non-scrimmage and regular season defenses - designed specifically to stop TT. He's never faced them to this point in his NFL career - when faced with them in college - and had a season to work with the same WR - he eventually excelled with 2 ACC Championships. I also chuckle a those who say he isn't clutch - I am confident that those folks will be proven wrong before season's end.

The offensive game plans up till the first half of the KC game have been very conservative. It's a team game and the D showed flashes of brilliance at NE on Monday and the O showed brilliance in the entire first half vs KC - in awful conditions.

It's there - and I think this team has nowhere to go but up. We have lost at least one if not two or three games we should have won - we just need to win one or two we shouldn't and we're in.

It's a long season and it's not over by any stretch.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As each year goes by, I become less interested in this team, and the losses barely get to me anymore. It's a weird phenomenon, and one that I never would've thought was possible. I was a avid fan for two decades.

Unlike almost every other team (except the Browns, maybe), the Bills don't have an up and down cycle that repeats every several years. They're just always down. So, I never have a few good years over the course of maybe 7-8 to re-energize me and give me hope.

If they ever become competitive and relevant again, I'll be back whole-heartedly. In the meantime, they can suck it, and I will casually watch, but certainly won't spend a dime on them.

I am pissed at Rex and the Pegulas for hiring him.

It's no fun anymore. I bought the Sunday Ticket this season to watch the games, but once this season is over, I am going to do my best to ignore this team. I'll pay some attention when next season rolls around, but it won't be any intense involvement. It's not worth it. Call me when they are in the playoffs again--I'll watch them, withough any expectations.

Edited by Dr. K

I'm over the KC game, I'm over the previous losses....I'm over this season.

What I'm pissed about is that for the next few years, Rex Ryan is going to be the coach. He creates an undisciplined atmosphere.

This video is spot on. There is some hyperbole, but the core points he makes are accurate.

The boisterous Rex had a six year record. He had some initial success but things started to unravel to the extent that when he left the Jets it was in a state of chaos. Why was he such an appealing candidate for a position at which he floundered at his previous job? Rex certainly was fired for cause.

My sense of the Rex hire is that after having a dour HC who lacked much personality and charm the owners were impressed with the more engaging personality who offered more recognition and attention to their newly acquired franchise than the previous joyless HC.

I have no doubt that the very glib Rex was very impressive in his interview. He is the epitome of style trumping substance. I don't know how influential Whaley was in the hiring of RR. But if he was an ardent advocate for his selection he undermined his chances to be successful in his own job.

I am pissed at Rex and the Pegulas for hiring him.

No reason to be pissed at Rex. He probably thinks he is a good coach and is personable enough to have talked the rookie owner Pegulas into a long guaranteed contract. I can see being angry with the Pegulas for being conned by Ryan and not hiring a consultant to help them I guess. Terry Pegula at the very least should have been smarter than that. But they DID keep the Bills in Buffalo so ...

No reason to be pissed at Rex. He probably thinks he is a good coach and is personable enough to have talked the rookie owner Pegulas into a long guaranteed contract. I can see being angry with the Pegulas for being conned by Ryan and not hiring a consultant to help them I guess. Terry Pegula at the very least should have been smarter than that. But they DID keep the Bills in Buffalo so ...

Ha.

The owners should have been smarter, but then again this is their first NFL coaching hire. Rex though.....while I agree his idiocy is beyond his control, he could work harder. He could delegate authority to more competent people. He could just get out of the way.

Ha.

The owners should have been smarter, but then again this is their first NFL coaching hire. Rex though.....while I agree his idiocy is beyond his control, he could work harder. He could delegate authority to more competent people. He could just get out of the way.

Like I said, Rex probably thinks he is a good coach and is fine the way he is. Terry Pegula should have known better than to give out that kind of a contract without getting a consultant first because it was his first hire. That is all on him. As a businessman of considerable experience he should know better.

Tuesday am and I'm still PO'd. $5M/yr and doesn't have a workable dispute process in game 11 ? The KC loss was on Ryan alone and if he had an ounce of integrity he would resign in shame.

I don't know what I'll do on Sunday, but I will be trying not to watch the Buffalo Bills.

Not only this, but his decision with the roster is what has me perplexed. First the Matt Cassel situation. Then cutting Marcus Thigpen for Denarious Moore only to realize that Thigpen was the better option all along. Now, after 11 wks, he realizes that AJ Tarpley is no good and cuts him. Why is IK still on roster? He's no better than Tarpley! Who's job is it to make sure Tarpley and the other "backups" are ready to play when their number is called. Insert Mario Butler and TD for the other team. Ross Cockrell looked like crap when here now playing lights out.

#WeAreOnToHouston

Losing Schwartz was no fun, and being in year 1 of a new coach and scheme is no fun, and the ongoing injuries are no fun.

But Ryan is better than Marrone, and Schwartz had a healthy Aaron Williams, Mario Williams, Kyle Williams throughout the year to make things happen. Our team has to play better and be coached better, and while we should always be trying to upgrade any part of our roster we can, I think we have the coaches and players to be a contender and evolve into a champion.

That will also end up involving a little less Dareus in coverage and a little more targeting Sammy, so I expect improvements by our current coaches before we can reach our potential.

At the beginning of each season, I try to be optimistic. I have stopped having any expectation except they will play 16 games.

I stopped buying the hype a few years ago. It makes it easier for me to deal with another year and no championship.

I am glad I did not know after the Bills did not go to "Super Bowl I" that 50 years later I would still be saying,"wait until next year."

Rock

Edited by rockpile

We to go to the games to be with our friends in the camper lot. After all these years, a good team is a bonus. Was done with the wait til next year, years ago. For me, the Bills are an excuse to be with our friends who we don't see as much during non-football season. It was a sad day for me a couple of years ago when the team apathy finally got to me. Still a fan but not wasting the emotions. Cheers Bills fans. Best fans on the planet!!!

I am still really pissed off- plenty of venom at the coaching staff but mainly still furious at the league. Officiating is awful. Around the League. Cardinals win and Arians is fuming. MNF does a bit on it last night. Not good enough. MNF still kissing the hind end of the NFL with it's puff piece.

It is awful. It is making the games unwatchable because it is so inconsistent. Phantom calls. No calls. It's a catch. It's not a catch. He's down. He's not down. It's a first. it's not a first. DO YOUR EFFING JOBS!! GET AN EFFING CLUE!!!

As Arians said--- it is FUBAR!!! GET IT FIXED NFL!

True that! Officiating is complete ****.

Disappointed: yes

Pissed off: no

Too many years of the same to get emotional about it. Part of me thinks that if the wheels come off, the Pegulas will be forced to do something sooner rather than later.

I would like to see a Football Czar brought in, and have Rex maintain the title of head coach, but have somebody else drive from the back seat. Make Rex do the press conferences and be the huckster, but have somebody else make the schemes, and bring in some discipline and maturity. A Parcells type of guy, but he is too old at this point. I don't know who this other person would be, but it would be the only way to right this ship without dumping Rex. I truly do not believe that Rex will make the team better on his own if given more time.

My God, this team just stamps out any expectations a fan might hold. There are people that won't even admit disappointment, alongside people who just go to the games for the tail-gating, next to people that gave up any hope years ago.

I'm not criticizing anyone for their feelings (I completely understand how you all have come to them), but it's depressing to think there are franchises that win with regularity, and are generally competitive, where every fan can really look forward to a season with hope.

I was never pissed. I just don't do that anymore over piddly stuff.

It's just a game. Whens its fun all the better.

Wilton Bills is closest to the mark. It creates a bond among friends, both new an old.

and gives us something to cheer and B word about. Thats all.

But i dont fret it one bit.

I am over it too. Sick of the losing, sick of the Patriots winning with street free agents, and sick of the league in general. I have stopped watching games and won't be until next year. I have said since the second game this year, beat NE and I will watch again, and barring some sort of miracle in December that gets us in, and another in January in Foxboro, I'm done. The NFL better make new markets because the ones they have are dying. It is such a televised commercial that going to live games is abysmal. I went to another loser stadium over the weekend and if hadn't been for the visiting team it would have been a ghost town.

NFL has gotten bloated and disgusting.

Listening to the game on WGR last Monday ago, i really took notice of how little of actual football is filling the time slot. Now they are reducing replays and highlight time too.

drifting away from the game.

I recall when my Son played Pop Warner. That's why i liked the game so well.

Now its very nearly a betting line and people getting injured for it

I am over it too. Sick of the losing, sick of the Patriots winning with street free agents, and sick of the league in general. I have stopped watching games and won't be until next year. I have said since the second game this year, beat NE and I will watch again, and barring some sort of miracle in December that gets us in, and another in January in Foxboro, I'm done. The NFL better make new markets because the ones they have are dying. It is such a televised commercial that going to live games is abysmal. I went to another loser stadium over the weekend and if hadn't been for the visiting team it would have been a ghost town. I would like to see the Panthers win it all! 19-0 would shut up the Pats and the 72 fish once and for all. Two for the price of one.

Jacksonville, Jacksonville, Jacksonville. BTW they too are 5-6.

Please add these to that list of games we should be pissed the Bills lost NY Giants @ 5-6, and KC now @ 6-5 . And throw in MNF against the Cheatriots.

As to Rex losing the teams trust. Honestly that IMO is so far from the truth its funny.

Jacksonville is 4-7. We should be pissed at the Cincinnati game too I think. In all honesty though, at 36, I finally don't get as pissed as I used to. Edited by metzelaars_lives

Jacksonville is 4-7. We should be pissed at the Cincinnati game too I think. In all honesty though, at 36, I finally don't get as pissed as I used to.

I am embarrassed to think of what I was like from 1990-93 during the Super Bowls, ages 28-31. Jeez another embarrasing memory! Never broke a TV, but my buddy broke 3. I did damage a few remote controls though. You can still go one to have a successful, well adjusted life though.

Edited by The Thurmanator

I definitely expected more from this team. I do blame Rex for his undisciplined style and antics. He's had this entire team regress. Imagine this same roster with strong coaching, discipline, focus, intensity and intelligence. We'd be at least 8-3 nipping at the Pats for the division title. All of Buffalo would be alive this Christmas and the Ralph would be rocking Sunday as we destroyed Houston.

Now the passion is gone, the fans are fed up. The schemes are bad, the execution is worse. We have a losing record at home, we lead the league in penalties. The inmates run the asylum and the fans suffer another year of bad football.

We deserved better. With new owners, I thought that we turned the corner and while the Pegula's have great intentions for our city, I fear they are not savvy enough to create a perennial winner in Buffalo. Maybe the Sabres will get there first, but with Rex running the show we will never see the promised land.

I bet if the Bills were a top 5 team, ALL the people saying that the NFL is bloated, bad, fixed, etc, would be loving the league.

There are plenty of problems with the NFL, but none that having a winning team won't cure.

Not sure I agree. Because at the end of the year after the Super Bowl only one team will be happy after the refs hose all 31 other teams. :devil:

I definitely expected more from this team. I do blame Rex for his undisciplined style and antics. He's had this entire team regress. Imagine this same roster with strong coaching, discipline, focus, intensity and intelligence. We'd be at least 8-3 nipping at the Pats for the division title. All of Buffalo would be alive this Christmas and the Ralph would be rocking Sunday as we destroyed Houston.

Now the passion is gone, the fans are fed up. The schemes are bad, the execution is worse. We have a losing record at home, we lead the league in penalties. The inmates run the asylum and the fans suffer another year of bad football.

We deserved better. With new owners, I thought that we turned the corner and while the Pegula's have great intentions for our city, I fear they are not savvy enough to create a perennial winner in Buffalo. Maybe the Sabres will get there first, but with Rex running the show we will never see the promised land.

Ouch. Well said.

This is the same staff that the Bills took to the wood shed twice last year & when Rex started out i thought it was a good hire but when he brought all of the same staff that he had in N.Y. with him i started to get a bit skeptical to say the least .

Well he's here now & it isn't as bad as it was for him last year but the team he left is doing better than he did with the talent he had & the team he inherited went from what they were last year to what they are this year go figure !!

He should be made to make some changes this off season & Thurmon should be the first to go & if Pettine gets released they should get him back !!

At least Rex D ranked & played better when Pettine was calling the games & the Bills D played better for him than they are with Thurmon calling the scheme . I think Pet is better at seeing the game & what needs to be called than Thurmon !!

And Rex needs to be the HC not both HC/DC !! Like Chan he has to much on his plate to do both !!

Edited by T master

1. I think Rex is a true showman, and not a coach.

2. I feel the NFL has a limited degree of being "fixed", which is done through officiating. Questionable game play calling on the coaches part is suspicious too.

3. Can Pegula start throwing some money towards the refs, etc. like Kraft does? This could lead to the playoffs.

4. Doing so would only go back to #2 meaning the NFL has a guided "fix" towards how the ones in charge want the games to turn out.

5. With game fixing, how much does the organized crime syndicates and gambling systems affect game fixing?

Only Rex can get less from more talent. What a wasted season. If we somehow miraculously pull off five in a row and sneak into the playoffs, I will give him some credit, but so far his bozo the clown routine has pissed me off. The Bills have been very frustrating to watch.

+1

Starting to realize REX RYAN= DONALD TRUMP, without the money, success, and super model wife.

To be fair, Fred Trump was the self-made man who became a billionaire. Donald is just his arrogant son who acts like he did more than win the offspring lottery. Oh, crap! That might be a better analogy than I thought!

Edited by BarleyNY