NJ.com: Chip Kelly has lost team, might not be back

YoloinOhio

Kelly is a college coach, just as Saban. His gimmick offense worked until they got some film on him. He has ruined that team as a whole and they will have to go into full rebuild mode now. Casualties were Foles, Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Mathis, and Trent Cole. The Iggles are in shambles right now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U. Very interesting.

Ain't what it used to be, need to really upgrade facilities to get the best recruits and coaches again. I can see him going to USC

Does this surprise anyone? Coaching in the NFL is hard enough as it is and its almost impossible to inspire your team when you're Alleged racist against black players.

So getting rid of McCoy was not racism/starism but attempt to raise average IQ of team? I got it.

I didn't know Murray was white

Barnwell still writing for ESPN now that Grantland is gone

@billbarnwell: Wrote about the difference between Chip Kelly the coach and Chip Kelly the GM for @espn: https://t.co/mHKJPaspMc

I usually like Barnwell but this article reeks of excuse-making for Kelly. Beyond the obvious personnel mistakes, too many players have openly criticized his methods for it all to be just prima donna player bitching. Kelly really needs to go back to college.

Kelly is a college coach, just as Saban. His gimmick offense worked until they got some film on him. He has ruined that team as a whole and they will have to go into full rebuild mode now. Casualties were Foles, Maclin, Jackson, McCoy, Mathis, and Trent Cole. The Iggles are in shambles right now.

Does anyone else think that if he had just kept the key talent he had that brilliant first year (all of which other than Maclin would have still been under contract) he would have a team being talked about like the Bengals are at the moment as super talented potential Superbowl team but still a bit of a ? at QB in Dalton / Foles?

Getting rid of McCoy and Jackson in particular was stupid. Ditching two solid NFL guards even if they were getting on in age when the standard of guard play league wide is so ropey was suicide. Throw in Trent Cole also Brandon Boykin who was a pretty solid nickel for them.... and then swapping an average QB who isn't on one knee and knows the system for one who is on one knee and doesn't... it is all looking very foolish.

I think Kelly's problem is that he's never really had to deal with the stuff he's dealing with at the Pro level. He's never really had bad teams, or players underperforming like this, and his arrogance is especially on full display. Oh, and he's not racist, and McCoy wasn't saying he was, only that he has a difficult time with strong willed black men.. If you're weak-willed, I'm sure you're fine.. ;)

Tim-

Who would have thought hiring Marrone back in 2013 would not be as bad as hiring Kelly. At least Marrone didn't trade away all of our best players for "his own guys".

No this is true. Marrone butted heads with a few of our guys but if they played hard he put them on the field.... apart from when the D-Line coach pulled them and he didn't notice.

I can't believe the disaster. It is really epic.

Imo kelly isn't ready to deal with the nfl millionaire personalities. It seems like usc is the landing spot that makes the most sense. I could see him at lsu but I think he isn't a good fit there. They need a guy like les miles lol.

I can't imagine this goes any further than this season (if it even gets that far). They are almost tire fire status at this point. They have gotten blown apart by tampa and Detroit in consecutive games in all phases. A lot of bold moves and it looks like he set the organization back like 5 years

Then you take into account the philly fans and media...

Edited by May Day 10