Doug Flutie Lost Both of His Parents this Morning

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is CRAZY to both die of heart attacks, an hour apart from each other. Just wow.

Imagine the stress of losing your lifelong partner can put on your heart. Tragic but not as suprising as it first appears. I know my grandparents were like that and once my grandad began to suffer with dementia and became a shell of himself it killed my grandma quite quickly. She couldn't cope with the stress and ultimately it killed her.

Condolences to the Flutie family.

Actually, for couples who have been together that long it's not as rare as you might think -- although perhaps not within an hour. That's nuts.

Same thing happened in my family.

My uncle was ill for a long time being taken care of my by my aunt whose health was getting worse and worse.

He finally succumbed to illness and she died shortly afterwards same day.

I believe they had just celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary - I could not attend due to a vicious central NY snowstorm.

My condolences to him and his family.

My well wishes go out to Flutie and those in the close circle to him and his parents yet something about the story doesn't sit right with me. It just seems to perfect but as someone who understands and has little issues with euthansia I understand if that's how one of the parents wanted it, well so be it.

Leroi, this is the ONE time I'll have to agree with you!!

yes. he has a heart too.

I cannot imagine anything much harder to suffer. I hope his family can find peace that they left together.

maybe some beauty to this 0:)

Same thing happened in my family.

My uncle was ill for a long time being taken care of my by my aunt whose health was getting worse and worse.

He finally succumbed to illness and she died shortly afterwards same day.

I believe they had just celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary - I could not attend due to a vicious central NY snowstorm.

My condolences to him and his family.

Yep. more common then one might suppose. some of us older folks have seen this. Folks hang on for one another. It's beautiful in so many ways. But brutal to the ones remaining might suppose. For the young folks, its something to ponder.