Bills 30 for 30 "The Four Falls of Buffalo" to air Dec. 12

YoloinOhio

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of that, any of our resident Twitter experts have any insight on this?

seen some tweets from forner players. I have a feeling Pegs may have given the current team an advanced screening. The producer works for Pegula SE.

Also, Mike Lupica is such a d-bag

Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh my god the kick went through.

How many times have you watched that highlight just hoping somehow it could go through. And now it did

We are going to beat the ever loving **** out of phIladelphia tomorrow.

I hope Rex is making the team watch this to see what the Bills mean to all of us.

no way they didn't see that. Are you kidding?

Two main things I never knew before watching this:

1. Buffalo fans chanting for Scott Norwood at the rally after the Superbowl loss and cheering for him when he gave his speech. Class act and glad to hear one of the dads talking about bringing his kid to teach him forgiveness.

2. Harry Connick, Jr.'s band member moved Thurman Thomas' helmet and that's why he couldn't find it.

Wow did that bring back a ton of memories! Was quite emotional watching it. I've been with so many great Bills fans over my lifetime, and reliving those wonderful years tonight was really something. I'll always remember the crazy days running the Bills club in Atlanta and all the great times we had. Yeah, the Super Bowl outcomes were not pretty, but the process of getting there was truly awesome!

Wow...that brought back a rush of memories and feelings that just are still so vivid in my mind...very powerful...I still remember all of that like it was yesterday. I can literally see those plays happening in my mind just thinking about them...the Harmon drop, the Kelly INT to Matthews, the 8 missed tackles on Ingram, Norwood's kick, the 29-3 game against Miami to get back to the Super Bowl in Miami that I called the "screen" game where we just screened them to death with Thurman, the Comeback game where I remember sitting alone in my upstairs bedroom listening on the radio because the game was blacked out and how my mother had given up hope but I kept listening and shouting down every time the Bills scored and then finally she came upstairs and we listened together for the last 15 or 20 minutes and almost broke the floor from jumping so much after Christie made that kick...

People don't realize that as great a moment as that Comeback Game was for the Bills, that loss literally destroyed a franchise. The Houston Oilers were never the same after that game and it was the beginning of the end for them in Houston with fans turning on them and in-fighting between the city, the owner, coaches, front office and the players, which was highlighted by the infamous Buddy Ryan-Kevin Gilbride fight on the sideline during the final game of 1993....

I told myself I wasn't going to cry but there I was with tears streaming down my cheeks as Norwood spoke and got choked up about how the city treated him afterwards...

I think part of it was that they weren't just a team, they were part of the fabric of who we were as a city, as a community and as fans...we bonded together in a way that few if any teams in any sport have bonded with their fans...it was a special, special time and for those of you who weren't young enough to experience it, you really missed out on something that may never happen again.

Edited by matter2003

5.40AM here, I didn't go to bed at 3am just to see this.

Great film, thanks for this. It's been a long time I didn't have tears...

Weird thing today i put my 1993 Bills sweat and at the time I forgot about this show until late in the night here (France)

I

I'm proud to be a BUFFALO BILLS FAN, I Know we will win not only one but two Superbowls in a row, and after I went to my first game at London, I will be here at Buffalo next year to erase the curse because i brought it in supporting the Giants in Superbowl 25 as it was the very first football game I saw and all of this is my fault so I have to redeem myself !

GO BILLS !!!

Two main things I never knew before watching this:

1. Buffalo fans chanting for Scott Norwood at the rally after the Superbowl loss and cheering for him when he gave his speech. Class act and glad to hear one of the dads talking about bringing his kid to teach him forgiveness.

2. Harry Connick, Jr.'s band member moved Thurman Thomas' helmet and that's why he couldn't find it.

harry connick Jr. music Is now going to get the Bon jovi treatment in my house. I didn't know that either!

The only thing I think was missing was a mention of Kent Hull.

kelly mentioned him briefly, but agree an RIP would have been nice. Also, Metzelaars was MIA!

@StillTalkinTV

Fyi: Ken Rodgers, director of Four Falls, told me film spliced together 2 separate Van Miller calls to get the ending.

That ending was cool and all but I was alittle disappointed after hearing there was this amazing surprise ending because that scenario where Norwood's kick being doctored to going through the upright and Van Miller calling the Bills Super Bowl win had already been done exactly the same going all the way back to the 1991 Buffalo Bills highlight film

That ending was cool and all but I was alittle disappointed after hearing there was this amazing surprise ending because that scenario where Norwood's kick being doctored to going through the upright and Van Miller calling the Bills Super Bowl win had already been done exactly the same going all the way back to the 1991 Buffalo Bills highlight film

I liked it... The pain that Scott displayed throughout the show made that a really fitting ending.

I met my wife AFTER all of this and the only game i could get her to before the kids started coming was the 6-3 home debacle vs Cleveland. she justifiably fell asleep in the 3rd qtr.

when i told her this was coming on, she kind of rolled her eyes and was like...yeah, ok...watch your bills football show...

I said, dear, this is for everyone who's ever been told they're not good enough. she's like, "yeah, who hasn't heard that?" she had a point there, so I let her go to sleep.

So i haven't really gotten through to her yet. i watched the program while she tossed and turned in bed next to me.

so as i'm laying there watching and trying to contain my emotions, I'm trying to also imagine myself in the morning, explaining better just how important this team was/is to me...even though I never actually lived in Buffalo (my dad was born there, i grew up 2hrs away) and I attended very few games during the super bowl years.

i think my best attempt will sound something like this:

When i grew up (70s), we were mostly awful...then the stars aligned and we had this great team, but at the same time, that was ALL we had. As you know, the Buffalo economy mostly always sucked and, for better or worse, the Bills remain the biggest chunk of the city's identit...not ot mention a luxury we could barely afford.

So we were all living in, or attached to, this city that had been in decline for decades, yet had this one shining jewel of a civic treasure that was going to allow us to measure up with the rest of the world once and for all. And bless their hearts, the players appreciated Buffalo. They poured everything they had into it, and they just couldn't get it done. What heartbreak to really stop and think about that.

But worse, not only did they fail to validate or beloved city, despite their excellence, they managed to INCREASE our ridicule! Whatever their imperfections and failings (partying, bad game plans, whatever) no one can argue they poured their hearts out to get back every year...no doubt in part because they grew to love what/who they represented.

But again- heartbreak- it just wasn't enough.

Thankfully we are left with what MUST be the most important lesson of all: whatever your lot in life, you can't give up...life will knock you down and you MUST get off the deck and fight.

And how lucky we are to have these men to immortalize that lesson for us! I think that, more than anything, is what moved me to tears about this program.

I can't wait till all my sons are old enough to understand all this. And I'm so grateful to be a Bills fan right now.