The Bills locker room is divided ... over the hot dog debate

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sandwich is one or more food items placed between two pieces of bread.

Ergo, a hot dog is not a sandwich, since it is placed in a split roll.

What about if the bun splits and you turn the hot dog sideways? Does it become a sandwich?

No. Se my previous post.

We posted at the same time

CBF

Just because a roll is split doesn't disqualify whatever you put into it from being called a sandwich. Bread comes in a loaf until it is sliced.

New Question: what about traditional open faced "sandwiches" like a Reuben, a Monte Cristo or a Tuna Melt?

a rueben isn't open faced

Just because a roll is split doesn't disqualify whatever you put into it from being called a sandwich. Bread comes in a loaf until it is sliced.

New Question: what about traditional open faced "sandwiches" like a Reuben, a Monte Cristo or a Tuna Melt?

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, a sandwich is "two or more slices of bread with a filling such as meat or cheese placed between them, or a partly split long or round roll containing a filling."

Imo

All of these meat and bread combinations are just sub-categories of sandwiches IMO.

I agree with this. You can say going out to grab a "sandwich" and perhaps what you see as a "traditional" sando doesn't look as good as a wrap. Did you still go out to get a sandwich? Yes you did.

By your logic if you don't split the roll into two separate ententies then it's not a sandwich. So let's say I cut into a roll and stuff it with meat cheese lettuce and condiments is that not a sandwich? What about pita bread? What about a sub that hasn't been divided into two separate parts?

No my friend no, this issue is deeper than just separating bread