The Bills locker room is divided ... over the hot dog debate

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's between two slices of bread, it's a sandwich.

Is a sub called a sandwich? Or a philly cheese?

It has a specifically designed roll. The Hot Dog Bun. or Hot Dog Roll.

it is not nor will ever be a sandwich.

a sandwich is something anything stuffed between two pieces of sliced bread. not a roll not a hoagie not a submarine nor a grinder

this is a Rush Limbaugh attempt to destroy democracy as it was intended to be.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/names-for-sub-sandwiches-around-america

this is Amereca. where semantics mean something!!

So, if a hoagie (or sub) roll isn't cut all the way through, does it cease to be sandwich?

(No)

Therefore a hot dog is indeed a sandwich.

you must be from Atlanta or something! and spend time quality time in all you can eat catfish and hush puppies, and corn dogs eateries ( man i miss those days )

but indeed it is not..

I say it's a sandwich, as its placed in an open roll/two slices of bread.

I have been concerned about you.

If you place it between two slices of bread with american cheese food, you have already made an error. Thats what i did as teenager when starving hungry. shoveled alot of em too.

but That is Hot DoG blasphemy, and thats on a good day! geez

http://www.dogtownhots.com/

It has a specifically designed roll. The Hot Dog Bun. or Hot Dog Roll.

it is not nor will ever be a sandwich.

a sandwich is something anything stuffed between two pieces of sliced bread. not a roll not a hoagie not a submarine nor a grinder

this is a Rush Limbaugh attempt to destroy democracy as it was intended to be.

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/names-for-sub-sandwiches-around-america

this is Amereca. where semantics mean something!!

you must be from Atlanta or something! and spend time quality time in all you can eat catfish and hush puppies, and corn dogs eateries ( man i miss those days )

but indeed it is not..

I have been concerned about you.

If you place it between two slices of bread with american cheese food, you have already made an error. Thats what i did as teenager when starving hungry. shoveled alot of em too.

but That is Hot DoG blasphemy, and thats on a good day! geez

http://www.dogtownhots.com/

American cheese is the worst thing to come out of this country, we should feel great shame. It is an abomination to the world.

There needs to be a classification created under which sandwiches, subs, hot dogs and hamburgers fall. Kind of like how spaghetti, linguini, ziti etc. fall under "pasta" they are all sauce and pasta. Hot dogs and burgers and stuff are all between bread but calling them sandwiches just isn't right. Like "carb-tein"... Just glad they didn't ask Sammy, the answer would have created about 50 threads on this board about whether or not he's a bust

Edited by SJDK

There needs to be a classification created under which sandwiches, subs, hot dogs and hamburgers fall. Kind of like how spaghetti, linguini, ziti etc. fall under "pasta" they are all sauce and pasta. Hot dogs and burgers and stuff are all between bread but calling them sandwiches just isn't right. Like "carb-tein"... Just glad they didn't ask Sammy, the answer would have created about 50 threads on this board about whether or not he's a bust

or just that a hot dog is a sandwich for the simple reason that the nickname for a sandwich is "Sammy" and we all know he was a hot dog in that jets game last year where he celebrated 5 yards too soon.

or just that a hot dog is a sandwich for the simple reason that the nickname for a sandwich is "Sammy" and we all know he was a hot dog in that jets game last year where he celebrated 5 yards too soon.

hahaha!

Just like whaley, reaching, for a Sammy