The Bills locker room is divided ... over the hot dog debate

YoloinOhio

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, if you were to slice the tubular meat procuct, put it on some toasted sour-bread with some sauteed onions and..... well, you could make a sandwich out of it. And I'm drooling again....

So if you take a hot dog. Slice the bread all the way through so it's cut all the way in half, and put in tomatoes, pickle, and mustard, it's a sandwich?

The fact that one single person here can argue that a hot dog is actually a sandwich makes me question TBD more than anyone supporting Rob Johnson.

If you put sausage, peppers, etc... on a bun, what do you say you are eating? I feel like I hear sandwich for that.

So if you take a hot dog. Slice the bread all the way through so it's cut all the way in half, and put in tomatoes, pickle, and mustard, it's a sandwich?

The shape of the bread has to be more square, and the dog must have at least one flat edge. Let it be a national declaration.

If you put sausage, peppers, etc... on a bun, what do you say you are eating? I feel like I hear sandwich for that.

That would be a wonderful thing, and I'd call it a sausage with peppers and onions. I would not call it a sandwich. But I'd be smiling with grease running down my chin. :)

The shape of the bread has to be more square, and the dog must have at least one flat edge. Let it be a national declaration.

That would be a wonderful thing, and I'd call it a sausage with peppers and onions. I would not call it a sandwich. But I'd be smiling with grease running down my chin. :)

So anything in between a baguette is not a sandwich? These are ridiculous rules that you're making up. Shape of the bread doesn't matter. Type of bread doesn't matter. How it's cut doesn't matter. What goes in doesn't matter. Anything inside bread or in between bread is a sandwich. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter the shape of bread, doesn't matter if it has meat or not. So if you buy a loaf of white bread that isn't pre-cut. And you cut it horizontally, and put ham, cheese, and pickles on it, it's not a sandwich because it's not square? If you make a ham and cheese sandwich out of white bread and cut them out into circles with a cookie cutter, they're not considered a sandwich anymore? Why are ice cream sandwiches called, ice cream sandwiches? Why do Oreo cookies say "Chocolate sandwich cookies"

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

If I didn't have lunch money at school, I'd borrow the 12 cents for an ice cream sandwich. Another 4 or 5 cents would get me whole milk to clog my young arteries. That was back when the ice cream sandwich was invented, right after the Earl Of Sandwich made his mark. Notice that an ice cream sandwich is not 12" long and 3" wide. Nor is the ice cream tubular shaped. Because they want it to be a sandwich. :)

If I didn't have lunch money at school, I'd borrow the 12 cents for an ice cream sandwich. Another 4 or 5 cents would get me whole milk to clog my young arteries. That was back when the ice cream sandwich was invented, right after the Earl Of Sandwich made his mark. Notice that an ice cream sandwich is not 12" long and 3" wide. Nor is the ice cream tubular shaped. Because they want it to be a sandwich. :)

OK, next time I make a sandwich I'll bring my ruler. I guess we should sue Jimmy Johns for putting "GOURMET SANDWICHES" on their logo. False advertising.

OK, next time I make a sandwich I'll bring my ruler. I guess we should sue Jimmy Johns for putting "GOURMET SANDWICHES" on their logo. False advertising.

Be more concerned about hitting their bike guys and the lawsuit that could come from that. BTW - JJ is pretty disappointing compared to Jersey Mike's. Maybe that's just my local places?

Who gives a sh*t about quality. Why do they have "GOURMET SANDWICHES" on their logo?

They live on the edge I guess, but they don't serve HOT DOGS. (And Jersey Mikes is pretty good.)

And if you're serious, I'd be more concerned about GOURMET, than SANDWICH.

They live on the edge I guess, but they don't serve HOT DOGS. (And Jersey Mikes is pretty good.)

And if you're serious, I'd be more concerned about GOURMET, than SANDWICH.

Oh, now they live on the edge. OK, that makes sense. Now we have the Augie category for "borderline sandwiches."

Who cares if they don't serve hot dogs. They also don't serve square sandwiches with white bread, so what. Your argument is ridiculous.

Oh, now they live on the edge. OK, that makes sense. Now we have the Augie category for "borderline sandwiches."

Who cares if they don't serve hot dogs, by definition they are. They also don't serve square sandwiches with white bread, so those aren't sandwiches either? Your argument is ridiculous.

As are you..... Lighten up a bit on a topic that is in itself ridiculous. I don't see a 12"x3" tubular sandwich on my menu. But I do love a good hot dog!

As are you..... Lighten up a bit on a topic that is in itself ridiculous. I don't see a 12"x3" tubular sandwich on my menu. But I do love a good hot dog!

This topic is brilliant. Better than half the stuff I've seen posted here. Next time, go to a deli, bring a ruler and a level to make sure that these sandwiches meet your qualifications.

This topic is brilliant. Better than half the stuff I've seen posted here. Next time, go to a deli, bring a ruler and a level to make sure that these sandwiches meet your qualifications.

If I need the level, it will be to get the condiments well balanced. Years ago after a move to Florida, I went to the beach pavilion and bought a hot dog (which was NOT a sandwich). I load my dogs up... ketchup, relish, mustard, onions, etc. As I'm reveling in the beautiful scene that is the Gulf of Mexico (and assorted beach-goers), I felt a tug on the other end of my hot dog. A seagull has latched on and is trying to steal the whole thing from me. I react violently to this attack, whipping around to spew assorted condiments all over some poor lady sitting at a picnic table. It was not my finest moment. God bless her kind soul. It was ugly.

If I need the level, it will be to get the condiments well balanced. Years ago after a move to Florida, I went to the beach pavilion and bought a hot dog (which IS a sandwich). I load my dogs up... ketchup, relish, mustard, onions, etc. As I'm reveling in the beautiful scene that is the Gulf of Mexico (and assorted beach-goers), I felt a tug on the other end of my hot dog. A seagull has latched on and is trying to steal the whole thing from me. I react violently to this attack, whipping around to spew assorted condiments all over some poor lady sitting at a picnic table. It was not my finest moment. God bless her kind soul. It was ugly.

Fixed for you. Something in between bread is a sandwich. Not really difficult.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

A hot dog is as American as....well, apple pie. Blasphemy calling it a sandwich. What are we, French?

So anything in between a baguette is not a sandwich? These are ridiculous rules that you're making up. Shape of the bread doesn't matter. Type of bread doesn't matter. How it's cut doesn't matter. What goes in doesn't matter. Anything inside bread or in between bread is a sandwich. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter the shape of bread, doesn't matter if it has meat or not. So if you buy a loaf of white bread that isn't pre-cut. And you cut it horizontally, and put ham, cheese, and pickles on it, it's not a sandwich because it's not square? If you make a ham and cheese sandwich out of white bread and cut them out into circles with a cookie cutter, they're not considered a sandwich anymore? Why are ice cream sandwiches called, ice cream sandwiches? Why do Oreo cookies say "Chocolate sandwich cookies"

exactly. these are canapés.

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://toast-cafe-bar.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/Chicago-Canapes.jpg&imgrefurl=http://toast-cafe-bar.co.uk/outside-catering/canapes&h=304&w=340&tbnid=RYr3Q5_kGA80IM:&tbnh=178&tbnw=200&usg=___BkdcQTabGXE2B1OuvXrpLf4Ml4=&docid=QFAmG653GonTtM&itg=1