Trouble with Colin Kaepernick?

FireChan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, and I hope I'm wrong and Tyrod and the 2015 squad can turn it around starting this week. But Tyrod's instinct to scramble combined with a knee injury that he just suffered and might linger the more he does run.

Kaepernick has ties and has had success with Greg Roman. If we miss the playoffs for a 16th season and Taylor doesn't work out and show signs, consistently and stay healthy, I could see this happening realistically as Kaep appears to be done in Santa Clara. Again, I hope I'm wrong, because Colin seems to have regressed to a point of no return watching his games this season.

If this does happen, I fear this sets us back at least another five years, if not more. As always, your thoughts are appreciated.

#GOBILLS

He has an 'instinct to scramble'? or is it a reaction based on the situation which his skill as a runner allows him to do well. I think he is very much a pocket passer , who is capable of rolling out on certain pass plays(like most QB's) and scrambles as a last resort. I think it's the perfect skill set of a QB.

When me make the playoffs.

it won't stop then. I think it was 1988 we were 11-1 and people were all over Marv for the 1 loss. It was ridiculous. Some fans will never stop.

Various articles about Roman suggested to me he wasn't eager to coach him again anytime soon and was more interested in a QB who was more of a continuous learner. But, I could have inferred something that wasn't there.

I can't remember any specific articles or quotes but I have the same impression.

He has an 'instinct to scramble'? or is it a reaction based on the situation which his skill as a runner allows him to do well. I think he is very much a pocket passer , who is capable of rolling out on certain pass plays(like most QB's) and scrambles as a last resort. I think it's the perfect skill set of a QB.

it won't stop then. I think it was 1988 we were 11-1 and people were all over Marv for the 1 loss. It was ridiculous. Some fans will never stop.

I agree... It'll never stop. Some people are just born to B word. And after the last couple decades of Bills football, these people have perfected the art.

We've seen a very limited amount of Tyrod. However, in those few games, he's looked and carried himself like a starting NFL QB. Will he continue to grow and get better is still the question. But, only more playing time will tell us all that. He struggles with consistency and decision-making right now, but name 1 QB in the league that doesn't do that... Let alone in their first season as a starter.

I also find it funny how young QBs like Tyrod and EJ are damned if they do, damned if they don't. Everyone wants a pocket passer to dissect defenses, with minimal running to avoid injuries. So, if Tyrod takes off on a run... He has to learn to be a pocket passer! He's gonna get killed. But, then if he stays in the pocket and gets sacked... He has to use his legs and run more! He's taking too many sacks. It's just funny is all.

I can't remember any specific articles or quotes but I have the same impression.

they are out there and probably even posted somewhere on this board in the offseason - but too lazy to look up, lol. But I remember reading them and thinking that was a reunion we would likely never see, if Roman had a say in it. Edited by YoloinOhio

tyrod is the future. Give him this year and guarantee roman is the next head coach to keep him around.

It's comments like this that drive me nuts. I agree Tyrod is the future, I like him, think he will be good. But to say to guarantee Roman(never been a HC) to be the next head coach is ridiculous. Sign Tryod to a big deal and he'll stay, Roman or not.

tyrod is the future. Give him this year and guarantee roman is the next head coach to keep him around.

Doesn't TT hold all the cards? IIRC he has player options after each season. Why wouldn't he use one if he's as good as some people think?

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong regarding his contract & I hope he develops into the team's long term starter.

Kaep? Nope.

what happened to kaep? I don't get it.

Nothing happened to him. He's the same brain-dead one-read QB he's been since Day 1. The only difference is that now he doesn't have the best support system in the NFL propping him up. The guy has always been awful, now he just doesn't have anybody carrying him.

What is it about this fanbase? We have a Top 6 QB

:blink: ......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's comments like this that drive me nuts. I agree Tyrod is the future, I like him, think he will be good. But to say to guarantee Roman(never been a HC) to be the next head coach is ridiculous. Sign Tryod to a big deal and he'll stay, Roman or not.

i mean guarantee roman stays. i know we we will kep tt around if we want to.