Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

I think that capitalizes on how good that rookie WR class was. However no one seems to be talking on how the rest of the class is doing now.

Beckham's production is down from last year.

Looks like you spoke too soon. 3 TD's for OBJ today

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you spoke too soon. 3 TD's for OBJ today

Even with the 3 tds, Beckham's production is down.

Current

8 games 50 catches 654 yards 7 tds

12 games 91 catches 1,305 yards 12 tds

2015 Projection

16 games 100 catches 1,308 yards 14 tds

It's not bad. It's actually quite good. But he needs 650 yards and 5 tds in the next 4 games to match last years production. With the 3 tds today (nearly doubled his total so far this year), he will probably reach the TD mark.

Good post. Believe it or not, I still like the trade and commend Whaley for it. Watkins' career is very far from over. I feel like people are unaware that he'll be 22 years old at mini-camp NEXT year.

I do too. I think people need to realize he isn't perfect and his statements were not social commentary on how the rich are so much better than us poor schlubs. It was an emotional 22 year old kid firing back at people who were insulting him. Ill-advised? Sure. Undeserved? Absolutely not. The bastards deserved it. I think its hilarious that it bugs them so much that they are so butt hurt over it.

Edited by What a Tuel

Gug.....I have never really thought of you (before these comments) to be a poster here of little football intelligence

I will say this again from a player and coach standpoint......Sammy Watkins played with the ribs last year because it was a UPPER BODY injury......the injuries that Sammy has now are LOWER BODY injuries....when you are a player that relies on your ability to run routes, change direction, have speed burst, basically RUN you cannot play with an ankle sprain. To add to this doctors will probably not ALLOW Sammy to play with an ankle sprain because you can make it worse.

Jason Whitten would beg to differ.

What Sammy said doesn't bother me one bit,if you're going to give some else bs you better be able to take it too. Also fans say some of the most vile things to players and coaches. If you don't think so go on some of the other teams forums, after the Bills beat the Panthers on EJ's winning td pass fans were hoping Ron Rivera would die a horrible death

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14037879/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills-apologizes-insulting-online-commenters

Sammy: "I just read back on my comments like, 'Nah, that don't sound right,'" Watkins said Monday. "I shouldn't have sent that because it not only affected the fans, just people in general that are working hard jobs every day, day to day, taking care of their kids, every job is the same. You wake up in the morning and go to work, clock the eight hours, so my job is the same as anybody else."

Rex: "I just had a discussion with him. I talked with him," Ryan said. "And he's not proud of his thing. And I can understand why the fans would be upset with him. We were all upset with him. It doesn't represent who he is."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14037879/sammy-watkins-buffalo-bills-apologizes-insulting-online-commenters

Sammy: "I just read back on my comments like, 'Nah, that don't sound right,'" Watkins said Monday. "I shouldn't have sent that because it not only affected the fans, just people in general that are working hard jobs every day, day to day, taking care of their kids, every job is the same. You wake up in the morning and go to work, clock the eight hours, so my job is the same as anybody else."

Rex: "I just had a discussion with him. I talked with him," Ryan said. "And he's not proud of his thing. And I can understand why the fans would be upset with him. We were all upset with him. It doesn't represent who he is."

Of course Sammy did nothing wrong. That's why he retracted his statement, got a "talking to" by his HC, and put out a public apology. Those are the classic signs of doing nothing wrong.

"Like I said, I knew what I was doing taking a shot"

Maybe now the rest of us and our little jobs can get over the insult swapping of a 22 year old and the internet.

Of course Sammy did nothing wrong. That's why he retracted his statement, got a "talking to" by his HC, and put out a public apology. Those are the classic signs of doing nothing wrong.

The people he insulted got what they deserved but it was unwise of him to broadcast his insults where people could misinterpret/redirect them. That's why he apologized.

Edited by What a Tuel

22 year olds have been know to act rashly and regret it later. After 40 pages, it's probably time to let it fade away.

"Like I said, I knew what I was doing taking a shot"

Maybe now the rest of us and our little jobs can get over the insult swapping of a 22 year old and the internet.

The people he insulted got what they deserved but it was unwise of him to broadcast his insults where people could misinterpret/redirect them. That's why he apologized.

Sounds like broadcasting his insults where people could misinterpret them was the wrong thing to do. It's easy to say. Sammy was wrong.

Gee, I don't think he had to go there!

Real hate from 'fans', real angry response from Sammy, fake outrage, fake talking to, fake public apology, mouth breathers appeased, the world continues to turn on its access.

Real hate from 'fans', real angry response from Sammy, fake outrage, fake talking to, fake public apology, mouth breathers appeased, the world continues to turn on its access.

Just because I can't axis my hard drive doesn't mean I'm a mouth breather.

Real hate from 'fans', real angry response from Sammy, fake outrage, fake talking to, fake public apology, mouth breathers appeased, the world continues to turn on its MICROSOFT access.

Fixed. We're all mouth breathers some days, Fire Chan, even me.

Believe it or not, I still like the trade and commend Whaley for it. Watkins' career is very far from over. I feel like people are unaware that he'll be 22 years old at mini-camp NEXT year.

If it were up to me I'd use my first round pick on a QB every year and just accept the fact that I may only win a SB every 5-7 years from there on out. :beer:

But Watkins was my highest rated player in that draft class....probably the most dynamic freshman WR in NCAA history and I would never have thought the Bills would get a chance to select him........and I also generally think that first round picks are overvalued..........so I thought it was a rational trade and still support what he was trying to do.

Sammy just needs to pull his act together and produce now. I refuse to believe that 7 injuries are just a fluke. He needs to figure out how to prepare and armor up better.

If it were up to me I'd use my first round pick on a QB every year and just accept the fact that I may only win a SB every 5-7 years from there on out. :beer:

But Watkins was my highest rated player in that draft class....probably the most dynamic freshman WR in NCAA history and I would never have thought the Bills would get a chance to select him........and I also generally think that first round picks are overvalued..........so I thought it was a rational trade and still support what he was trying to do.

Sammy just needs to pull his act together and produce now. I refuse to believe that 7 injuries are just a fluke. He needs to figure out how to prepare and armor up better.

Agreed.