One franchise QB RG3 will be available after this season

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't even need to open this thread to know most of the responses would be negative. Funny thing is when Carson Palmer looked like he might of been available a few seasons back many didn't want him either. Washed-up and broken down were the comments of the day then.

Quite frankly I'm not here to say RGIII will ever return to the form of his rookie season. What I do believe is when the Bills are long time members of the NFL's QB cesspool I wouldn't be too fast to turn my nose up on anyone who has shown more in a season than the current crop of Bills starters have shown in their careers combined.

Edited by gumby

He does need a fresh start but he's not a prototype quarterback and never has been. When he was the real deal RGIII, before Shanahan ruined his career, he didn't have to be a prototype QB. He could pretty much get away with doing anything on the field. But he's never adjusted to, post Shanahan, having to be a new version of his previous self. I'd pass.

l love that you brought Carson Palmer up many thought he was done hell the Raiders got rid of him but it took a real coach like Bruce Arians

to get him back to being the QB he could be.

The same thing could happen with RG3, Philly with Chip Kelly might be very Interesting.

But I don't think the Skins will let him go there.

I still say are offensive Q Greg Roman is just the type of coach that could turn him around.

I didn't even need to open this thread to know most of the responses would be negative. Funny thing is when Carson Palmer looked like he might of been available a few seasons back many didn't want him either. Washed-up and broken down were the comments of the day then.

Quite frankly I'm not here to say RGIII will ever return to the form of his rookie season. What I do believe is when the Bills are long time members of the NFL's QB cesspool I wouldn't be too fast to turn my nose up on anyone who has shown more in a season than the current crop of Bills starters have shown in their careers combined.

maybe it's worth a shot to try RG3 and get him in here and try turn him around. He needs a fresh start, we need to let Tyrod play the rest of the games but these prototype QB's are not growing on trees. I would bring him in next year and let him compete for the Job. If I was the Bills I would also draft a QB. what say you

I'd say, I wish you were the GM of the Patriots so you can run that team to the ground. With ideas like this, I think you would succeed at doing so.

agreed, if we are going to hang on to EJ might as well bring in someone who is better than him as well.

LOL. Have you seen RG3 play recently? The guy can't read a defense if his life depended on it. Shanahan babied him his rookie year and asked him to run the ball. The moment Shanahan told him to be a pocket passer is when RG3 tanked. RG3 is a cancer in the locker room, lacks leadership qualities, lacks work ethic and can't read a defense. He's done as a starting QB in the NFL

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

l love that you brought Carson Palmer up many thought he was done hell the Raiders got rid of him but it took a real coach like Bruce Arians

to get him back to being the QB he could be.

The same thing could happen with RG3, Philly with Chip Kelly might be very Interesting.

But I don't think the Skins will let him go there.

I still say are offensive Q Greg Roman is just the type of coach that could turn him around.

Carson Palmer had already proven that he could make plays from the pocket. I'm not sure he was awful with the Raiders, just that the Raiders were awful. I heard Steve Young say that he recalls being at a crossroads in his career where he needed to reinvent his game and play from the pocket. He said RG III is at the same point. He thinks he has the talent, but is unwilling to change his game and that he will have a short career if he doesn't . Sounds prophetic about now.

Carson Palmer had already proven that he could make plays from the pocket. I'm not sure he was awful with the Raiders, just that the Raiders were awful. I heard Steve Young say that he recalls being at a crossroads in his career where he needed to reinvent his game and play from the pocket. He said RG III is at the same point. He thinks he has the talent, but is unwilling to change his game and that he will have a short career if he doesn't . Sounds prophetic about now.

Tyrod's transition is not far off either.

RG III might make a good backup QB to Tyrod Taylor

No he wouldn't! Because,

He's not a franchise QB, running QBs don't last we need a real drop back passer

This!

I'd say, I wish you were the GM of the Patriots so you can run that team to the ground. With ideas like this, I think you would succeed at doing so.

LOL. Have you seen RG3 play recently? The guy can't read a defense if his life depended on it. Shanahan babied him his rookie year and asked him to run the ball. The moment Shanahan told him to be a pocket passer is when RG3 tanked. RG3 is a cancer in the locker room, lacks leadership qualities, lacks work ethic and can't read a defense. He's done as a starting QB in the NFL

and this! :thumbsup:

I suppose the OP will want to trade for Colin Kaepernick next. :death:

RG3 Sucks at playing NFL QB. Playing in the pocket he makes EJ look like Tom Brady. His success is necessarily reliant on his ability to use his legs to survive in a simplified one read offense. Not only have defenses learned to better defend the read option system that gave him success, he refuses to run that offense - presumably because it's only a matter of time before he takes another major injury that way.

I hope he saved some money; this is going to be a short ride.

He can't read defenses AT ALL. He doesn't know what he is looking at. His passing success in year 1 was largely due to the Kyle Shanahan scheme which had receivers running free all over the field as DBs cheated up to try and play the run.

I have said this before but Kurt Warner did a really good film breakdown on his last year for NFL Network and it was some of the most simple route concepts and reads where the game had been simplified for him by Jay Gruden and he was being asked to read one guy per play and then choose one of two throws and he was getting it wrong so often it was laughable. If he cannot operate from the pocket in those circumstances he never will be able to in my opinion.