Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually probably not. If history repeats itself, once the team actually leaves, the city then will turn around and give some new team exactly what their old team that just left had wanted all along. See Baltimore, Cleveland, Houston, and even St Louis.

The NFL will never go back to St. Louis after losing both Cardinals and Rams. Rams never should have left LA anyway.

Heartbreaking news for St Louis Rams fans... my heart goes out to them.

I have followed this issue for years. We all knew sooner or later the NFL would send a team back to LA.

Just surreal that its finally happening. History in the making.

I am thankful for the Pegula's and their commitment to WNY. I sincerely hope the political leadership from Albany to Erie County are working together now to partner with the Pegula's in their plan for a refurbished or new stadium.

GO BUFFALO BILLS

Rams and Chargers to Inglewood - book it.

I like this - I go to CA a few times a year and I think it'd be great to see a LA Chargers v Buffalo Bills game in a brand new, CA stadium! :beer:

I live in SoCal so I'll be there for sure. I feel for St. Louis, but happy that I can go to see the Bills here at home.

Probably right, but my point was more that these cities want to play hard ball and tell the owner, "No we're not giving you a sweetheart deal" but the then once the team leaves they backtrack and give the next guy the same sweetheart deal. Not saying the cities should cave, but if you ended up caving anyway, why not same everyone time and money \and do what you're goign to eventually do anyway.

The NFL will never go back to St. Louis after losing both Cardinals and Rams. Rams never should have left LA anyway.

NFL sucks and Kreonke is a scumbag pure and simple. Imagine a hometown owner worth $6B moving the Bills after years of subsidizing his operations and profit because they refused. This is a guy who could have built 5 stadiums and him, the NFL and now Pegula feel like its the community's obligation to take on the investment necessary for an NFL team to maximize its profits without sharing it. The state of corporate welfare in the country is an embarrassment.

Pegula can F off. He basically just confirmed he's going belly up to the corporate welfare trough she the current lease it. Rethinking me season tickets for next year,might be time to walk away. And I hate the Jills but fightng thier lawsuit makes them look like aholes. The shine has worn off the Pegulas, we're seeing the true owners, actions speak louder than words.

And one more thing, this whole process is drivn by greed. Imagine if every policy or law your local politicians voted for put more money in their pockets. How could you expect the decisions to be based on what's best for all? That's these owners, voting on a move that comes with potential $550m relocation fee. Who would vote no when they stand to make $40+ million by simply saying yes.

It's disgusting and embarrassing that Terry Paygula voted for this. He's o longer a savior, he's just another investor.

Edited by zonabb

FYI: Bills at Rams in 2016

@ChrisTrapasso

Do feel for fans in STL. But LA fans lost their team in '94 that'd been there for 50 yrs. Happy for those in LA who'll get their team back.

What's next for Raiders?
The Rams are headed to Los Angeles and the Chargers could soon be joining them. So where does that leave the Raiders? Conor Orr breaks down what they're facing in Oakland.

Not a fan of Terry voting in favor of relocation. Gotta think that Ralph, had he still been around, would have voted against it.

In all honesty, it does feel a little slimy.

@MikeGarafolo

So just to be clear, Chargers have until 1/15/17 to accept relocation to Inglewood. They have until 3/23/16 to decide SD or LA for 2016.

@TyDunne

New at the BN Blog: #Bills owners vote "yes" on overwhelming L.A. proposal ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/12/bills-owners-vote-for-the-l-a-proposal/

In all honesty, it does feel a little slimy.

And as fans of a team that was constantly involved in relocation rumors to LA and Toronto for years... it just makes me sick. What if this was Bon Jovi and the Bills?

The (slight) thing that makes me feel better is that St. Louis "stole" them from LA in 1994. Granted, they came from Cleveland... but that was a LONG time ago.

Re: the Pegulas voting for the move. I expected them to do so for money reasons. A Browns reporter was tweeting about it today ...

Also, they are probably looking fur future support fir their new stadium in buffalo.

@ruiterwrongFAN

Relocation fees could top $500M per club will be split among remaining teams & league office so over $1B split

Assuming 2 teams move to LA & w/ over $1B in relocation fees, depending how pie is split #Browns & other teams could net up to $33M each

Edited by YoloinOhio

The NFL's greed and indifference to fans other than the super rich is just disgusting. Wait and see what happens if Buffalo and the State of New York aren't willing to cough up big bucks for a new stadium. It will be the London Bills, the Mexico City Bills, the Las Vegas Bills or the San Antonio Bills once the onerous prohibitions against moving expire in the current lease.

Actually Pegula plans on building his own stadium with Jeremy Jacobs. Ironic, huh?

A) Governments shouldn't be subsidizing stadium projects for billion dollar companies.

B) Kroenke is the biggest piece of scum since art modell.

Yes but as far as I know the new stadium will be privately built. Might be some states money for roads, etc.

FYI: Bills at Rams in 2016

@ChrisTrapasso

Do feel for fans in STL. But LA fans lost their team in '94 that'd been there for 50 yrs. Happy for those in LA who'll get their team back.

Rams are LA's team; they were there a decade before the Dodgers.

Which government is building Kroenke a stadium in LA?

Exactly. I don't get all the Kroenke and Pegula hate.