Tyrod Taylor ruled Out for Jags

YoloinOhio

Get the win Sunday and get healthy. I don't care if it's a field goal shootout. Just get the win.

Word. D really has to step up this week with a crippled offense coming into London. Even if it's against the Jags, they aren't likely to roll over.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackonsville has played some teams tough this year and are much better than their record would suggest.

Bortles has already improved tremendously relative to last year.

This game will be a STRUGGLE and is shaping up to be a tragedy if we are not prepared and motivated on game day.

Here's an interesting article from NFL.com discussing Jacksonville.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562377/article/jacksonville-jaguars-showing-promising-growth-despite-15-start

Jackonsville has played some teams tough this year and are much better than their record would suggest.

This game will be a STRUGGLE and is shaping up to be a tragedy if we are not prepared and motivated on game day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562377/article/jacksonville-jaguars-showing-promising-growth-despite-15-start

We've played 3 of the same opponents and came out 2-1 compared to their 1-2 (Indy, NE*, and MIA). Cincy and Carolina are pretty similar as far as record and opponent difficulty imo. I'd say the Giants are better than the Texans and the Titans beat the Bucs head to head. As tough as their schedule has been I'd argue ours was more difficult and we came away with 2 more wins.

I will tell you what.....I respect the hell out of Rex for doing this

RG III anyone?

The usuall diagnosis for an MCL is 3-4 weeks.......we limped through the cinci game......you keep him out this week.....then you have the bye

You have a healthy Tyrod Taylor coming out of the bye because you were SMART

You march him out there against the jags and something bad happens......you are looking at EJ at QB for not just after the bye but for weeks AFTER the Bye.

I will tell you what.....I respect the hell out of Rex for doing this

RG III anyone?

The usuall diagnosis for an MCL is 3-4 weeks.......we limped through the cinci game......you keep him out this week.....then you have the bye

You have a healthy Tyrod Taylor coming out of the bye because you were SMART

You march him out there against the jags and something bad happens......you are looking at EJ at QB for not just after the bye but for weeks AFTER the Bye.

yep. I think you have to trust your roster depth and defense can squeeze out at least 1 point better than the Jags. That's where their mindset should be. Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm very concerned about this game. The Jags are not going to go 1-15--they will win 3 or 4. If you look at their schedule, I have to believe that they have to see this as one of their more inviting match-ups. The Bills are decimated, and talent-wise I'd have to say that for this game at least, the Jags may actually be superior overall.

If the Bills turn the ball over multiple times, they will lose. The talent can't overcome that.

I think they CAN win of course, but a loss will basically end the season for the Bills. 9-7 isn't going to get it done, and if the Bills lose they will have to go 7-2 the rest of the way, with 5 of those 9 games on the road. One is already an automatic loss (New England), and there some other difficult matchups as well. I just don't see 7-2 happening.

Edited by dave mcbride

I'm very concerned about this game. The Jags are not going to go 1-15--they will win 3 or 4. If you look at their schedule, I have to believe that they have to see this as one of their more inviting match-ups. The Bills are decimated, and talent-wise I'd have to say that for this game at least, the Jags may actually be superior overall.

If the Bills turn the ball over multiple times, they will lose. The talent can't overcome that.

I think they CAN win of course, but a loss will basically end the season for the Bills. 9-7 isn't going to get it done, and if the Bills lose they will have to go 7-2 the rest of the way, with 5 of those 9 games on the road. One is already an automatic loss (New England), and there some other difficult matchups as well. I just don't see 7-2 happening.

our D needs to step up big time this game........they are certainly capable of it

I agree...

I honestly think we're going to need a Defensive score, or two, in order to win this one...

I really don't like our chances much...I think this team is banged up bad...physically and mentally...It's just a bad vibe I'm getting overall...Certainly hope I'm wrong... B-)

Yep... B-)

Yeah... I think 7-2 is unrealistic. It could happen, but based on recent history, I wouldn't put those chances very high. If they can find a way to come out of London with a win and get some key people healthy during the bye, I'll be much more bullish about us make a 6-3 run.

For a franchise that at times still makes head scratching moves eeirly similar to previous regimes. keeping Tyrod out Sunday is something that makes complete sense. IMO through 5 games he is the MVP of this offense. if EJ and company cannot Beat the Jags. There will be a meltdown and it may start in the locker room.

I think the offense is going to struggle mightily in this game.

I expect Gus Bradley to copy Cincinnati's model for defense once Sammy exited the game: double Woods, play interior zone against Clay, and make EJ beat you by getting the ball to Hogan/Gragg/Moore, who will have 1-on-1 match-ups. Rush 4 and sit back.

They'll expect to snuff Buffalo's run game, given that they're allowing only 3.4 YPC, which is 1st in the NFL.

If I were Buffalo, I'd have a game plan in place that relies heavily on throws to TEs and RBs out of the backfield; not screens mind you, quick throws on circle routes, angle routes, etc. Make Jacksonville's bigger, slower LBs keep up with Shady and Boom in the pass game. Force them to back off and/or widen their LBs and then run the ball.

It's probably their only chance, unless EJ somehow morphs into the kind of QB that can beat a defense with his arm, without any help from his targets; that's asking a lot from any QB not named Brady or Rodgers.

Tough spot for any QB these last three weeks with injuries. Robert Woods, Chris Hogan, D Moore - is that seriously our starting receiving group? Looks like Clay needs to have a big day.

We look like an expansion team on offense. It would be nice if the defense decided to go all in this week for a change. It is the only hope. Win ugly like at Tennessee.

I think the offense is going to struggle mightily in this game.

I expect Gus Bradley to copy Cincinnati's model for defense once Sammy exited the game: double Woods, play interior zone against Clay, and make EJ beat you by getting the ball to Hogan/Gragg/Moore, who will have 1-on-1 match-ups. Rush 4 and sit back.

They'll expect to snuff Buffalo's run game, given that they're allowing only 3.4 YPC, which is 1st in the NFL.

If I were Buffalo, I'd have a game plan in place that relies heavily on throws to TEs and RBs out of the backfield; not screens mind you, quick throws on circle routes, angle routes, etc. Make Jacksonville's bigger, slower LBs keep up with Shady and Boom in the pass game. Force them to back off and/or widen their LBs and then run the ball.

It's probably their only chance, unless EJ somehow morphs into the kind of QB that can beat a defense with his arm, without any help from his targets; that's asking a lot from any QB not named Brady or Rodgers.

The OC is going to have to earn his paycheck this week. With the power outage at WR and Taylor anticipated to be out expect to see some multiple TE formations and a heavy dose of McCoy running and catching. The defense has to dominate. I think the Bills will do enough to win here. They tend to disappoint when expectations get too high and when you start to give up on them they suddenly pull a surprisingly good effort that pulls you back in.