Tyrod Taylor ruled Out for Jags

YoloinOhio

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what game you were looking at.I don't recall Orton having designed run plays for td's

I also don't recall Orton having 16 yard scrambles in the red zone to set up TDs.

But alas, EJ runs like Orton.

Impossible to say, he didn't play.

EJ got about 80% of the first team reps last week.

EJ took the majority of 1st team reps last week

Thanks.

No, because the defense couldn't stop them.

This. It would have taken the team being healthy, like the Bengals were, to beat them, and even then...

Do you think the Bills beat the Bengals with TT? I don't.

Probably not but I think TT would have taken better advantage of the pass protection EJ got earlier in the game. That was most disappointing to me, how EJ was unable to find receivers in the time he was given. No belief in what he was seeing. It was the bad EJ again.

Do you think the Bills beat the Bengals with TT? I don't.

certainly possible due to plays left on field, Watkins injury may not have happened (not blaming EJ just saying it is unlikely that exact play would have happened), and most of all field position that offense put D in throughout game. I still think Bengals are the better team overall so I never thought the Bills would win, but it is possible they could have with a different QB since that is so much of the game. For example, that Bengals had a tough time with McCoy. TT probably would have given them fits too with his legs even if he wasn't any more productive with his arm. That leads to extended drives and keeping Bengals O off field, letting D get some rest. Edited by YoloinOhio

Probably not but I think TT would have taken better advantage of the pass protection EJ got earlier in the game. That was most disappointing to me, how EJ was unable to find receivers in the time he was given. No belief in what he was seeing. It was the bad EJ again.

No it was plain old EJ, not the bad EJ.

What people didn't appreciate from his good preseason outings is that he had the extra split second to make a decision and throw the ball. That window doesn't exist in the regular season.

Um, excuse me?

For starters, point out where I was complaining in the first place. Since apparently I'm "still complaining", you must have found me complaining at some other point. Otherwise, look before you leap.

Secondly, a team that stands to play without their top 2 WRs, their #2 RB, their starting RT, and their only other speed WR really, really, really, really, really needs play-makers out there in any way they can get them. Unless you disagree with this, pick someone else with whom you can start a totally unfounded argument.

My apologies.

This sounded like the 3 TD's against an undefeated (now) 6-0 team was a poor outing and that someone else would have done better job.

Good...we need someone that can make things happen out there.

In my opinion even Taylor would not have won the game under center.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

My apologies.

This sounded like the 3 TD's against an undefeated (now) 6-0 team was a poor outing and that someone else would have done better job.

I guess I can see why you may have thought that--my apologies for being defensive.

I merely meant that Taylor is a guy that can make plays, and with this offense as banged up as it is, we need as many guys that can make plays as possible.

Heck, find a way to get Josh Johnson out there as a WR if you have to

I guess I can see why you may have thought that--my apologies for being defensive.

I merely meant that Taylor is a guy that can make plays, and with this offense as banged up as it is, we need as many guys that can make plays as possible.

No problem. Go Bills

My apologies.

Agreed- he's better that EJ but as I mentioned elsewhere EJs performance vs cinci is nearly identical to Taylor vs the Giants. Same YPA, same passer rating, same ground results... (Minus the EJ TD run) home game, Same everything. While Tyrod had Percy and Karlos,

EJ had McCoy and 1/2 Watkins...

So tell me whos d is better?

Tyrod brings you electricity and huge plays. EJ is just a guy out there. You could literally plug almost any mediocre backup in and you get what EJ gives you: up and down performances, inability to hit a WR in stride, lots of throws that are a second late then a few nice plays.

EJ is essentially a slower, less accurate version of Tyrod. Neither is a polished passer.

EJ is just not going to be the guy here. It isn't happening. Whaley cannot will the kid to success.

BTW I don't blame Whaley for missing on EJ. Sometimes you miss, especially at QB. Every GM misses a pick here or there, but whaley has been very good on balance.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Sort of a max protect shotgun wildcat set? With All 3 QBs and shady in the slot?