At What Point is Watkins Officially "Injury Prone"

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy got hit by the I spoke too soon bug. Dude needs to play a few complete games before opening his trap again. He'd be dead if he got ten targets in a game. He is usually on the sidelines after two or three. Get on the field and play an entire game or STFU.

I have already placed Sammy Watkins and the permanent marshmallow list.

He's soft, and full of fluff. Looks good but really doesn't add anything because he can't stay on the field. Therefore he really isn't that useful.

He had injury issues at Clemson, especially during his sophomore season. That's what made Hopkins such a high pick that year. Not sure if he's injury prone, but he is definitely not the most durable guy either.

I said this last week after he spoke out and I got hammered for it. How about playing a full season before complaining about targets. Hard to target someone who isn't on the field and this guy gets hurt every time someone breathes on him. This time, nobody even touched him.

Take Manuel's inaccuracy out of the equation from both seasons and you're down to a calf injury trying to keep his feet in the end zone after making another spectacular catch. But that's just my opinion..

I'm not a big fan of Manuel, but that pass was fine. Moreover, it wasn't close to the white line,and he hurt his ankle long before the ball got there and not because of the throw.

Take Manuel's inaccuracy out of the equation from both seasons and you're down to a calf injury trying to keep his feet in the end zone after making another spectacular catch. But that's just my opinion..

Manuel threw that where the window allowed

I've always defended him against accusations that he is injury prone, but I'm starting to worry. It's not even the number of injuries; it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs.

Manuel threw that where the window allowed

Exactly. It was a perfectly fine, normal throw.

Edited by dave mcbride

I've always defended him against accusations that he is injury prone, but I'm starting to worry. It's the number of injuries; it's the variety of them: ankle, calf, hip, glute, ribs.

Excellent point. If it was re-aggravating the same ding, I'd defend that. Kudos to him for playing through most of them, though. Most players play with nicks and scratches; but this guy has been hurt the entire time he's been a pro.

But he had to reach waaaayyyyy down by the ground! Even as a professional athlete who (presumably) trains daily that has to be tough.

I'm sitting here wondering what Andre Reed would say if he read this. He'd probably pull a muscle from laughing too hard.

It was a fine pass given the window -- thoroughly normal. And he hurt his ankle as he went into his break, a good bit before the ball came near him.

Yea I wouldn't blame the throw for the injury. Not sure if it's any fault of Sammy's either, he went to plant hard and his foot slipped and rolled over. It happens to lots of players. I suppose one could argue he has weak ankles or something but he's been fine planting and cutting before so I don't really think thats the issue. Just bad luck I think.

Freak injury, bad luck, whatever. Sammy's ankle just rolled on him when he tried to shift his weight. He wasn't injury prone in college and he's not now. Just another bad break for us and our super talented WR.