Sounds like no Percy Harvin again (update: Personal reason)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems odd that someone would be denied in for a charge that was not prosecuted, whereas guys that were (Marcel and Nigel) are let in. But then again, maybe they let Nigel in because he hass a Brit name?

heck, even sammy failed a drug test in college.

its not adding up on that front.

If Sammy is playing Sunday I question his toughness. If he's OK already, that means his injury wasn't that bad. Why didn't he suck it up and stay in last week? TT sprained his knee 2 weeks ago and not only kept playing, but got better.

I used to play with ankle sprains, broken fingers, bruised ribs etc...Sammy is on the path for a very short career

I used to play with ankle sprains, broken fingers, bruised ribs etc...Sammy is on the path for a very short career

They stop PAYing when you stop PLAYing. We may see a Contract Year Miracle!

I'm hoping he comes around and has a long healthy stretch. I give him credit for toughing it out last year, but this in certainly concerning.

Maybe one day we can get football players on this team. Im growing tired of the weak minded.

Weak minded? Aren't you one of the folks railing that the game was lost in the first half of the Tennessee game? You're usually one of the first to jump on the "ALL IS LOST!" mantra around here. Some would call that... well, you see where I'm going with this.

Those in glass houses and all... :rolleyes:

This could be a lot of things. Anybody know if Harvin was born outside the USA? Just saying, might not have the documents to get a passport....or a work VISA. Hard to believe it would go on with a public figure like and NFL player, but who knows. Could also be health related, not injury related...did he even have a rare disease....anyhow, lots of speculation on behavior as a basis of this problem. But, could be anything!!!!

Wasn't Percy supposed to miss several weeks with the hip injury anyway?

Looks like this could be the same type of injury that has plagued his career.

"Although Ryan said that Harvin's hip isn't the issue, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora believes it might be. La Canfora reported on Sunday that the team is fearing a "long-term absence."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25348731/percy-harvin-misses-london-trip-for-personal-reasons-bills-being-mum

Looks like this could be the same type of injury that has plagued his career.

"Although Ryan said that Harvin's hip isn't the issue, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora believes it might be. La Canfora reported on Sunday that the team is fearing a "long-term absence."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25348731/percy-harvin-misses-london-trip-for-personal-reasons-bills-being-mum

I don't get the motivation in denying the hip if that's what it is

I don't get the motivation in denying the hip if that's what it is

Well, I don't think it's visa issues after all. Sounds to me more like a dispute between management and the player. Management: you check out fine, you're good to play. Harvin: I'm hurt, I can't go. Something that may be the subject of a dispute between the union and management that nobody is free to talk about now.

Another bad post. GM signs players.

True, but really -- Percy played for Rex last year, Rex loved him. Is there any doubt that the Harvin signing was at Rex's urging?

Well, I don't think it's visa issues after all. Sounds to me more like a dispute between management and the player. Management: you check out fine, you're good to play. Harvin: I'm hurt, I can't go. Something that may be the subject of a dispute between the union and management that nobody is free to talk about now.

True, but really -- Percy played for Rex last year, Rex loved him. Is there any doubt that the Harvin signing was at Rex's urging?

this is my speculation as well - that the team can't list him as injured because the team doctors cleared him to play. But he thinks he is still injured - and maybe is going to get a second opinion. Team is saying it is a personal reason so they don't get dinged for false report of injury, Harvin's camp is insisting he's injured.

The national media are usually the ones who hear from agents and are all saying its injury related. Local reporter wawrow said he got mixed info - some said medical some said personal - but confirmed it wasn't passport related.

Also would explain why Rex couldn't say if it was short or long term. He doesn't know.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Weak minded? Aren't you one of the folks railing that the game was lost in the first half of the Tennessee game? You're usually one of the first to jump on the "ALL IS LOST!" mantra around here. Some would call that... well, you see where I'm going with this.

Those in glass houses and all... :rolleyes:

Mental toughness has nothing to do with not giving up on things COMPLETELY beyond your control. :doh:

It's about enduring in instances where you can potentially influence the outcome.

You might be confusing faith with mental toughness......in many ways they are actually the opposite of each other........as we find out with so many of the posters on here who shout down any negative take on TSW all offseason.....but then fall to pieces, questioning their existence by mid-season when they realize that their faith still doesn't matter on the field. :lol: