Sounds like no Percy Harvin again (update: Personal reason)

YoloinOhio

OK, more possible reasons. Hell, if I was a UK inspector I'd probably refuse him too. Rex Ryan, Jerk Whisperer, obviously doesn't work for UK immigration:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/145402/percy-harvins-long-list-of-troubles-from-high-school-to-seattle

Of course, when they signed him they should've known about this. They still might've said he'll only miss one game so no big deal. Now if only we could get Rex refused admission too ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. But the UK still doesn't need to admit you. Much the same for UK citizens coming here -- the visa requirement is waived for tourists not staying more than 90 days, but if you have been convicted of certain crimes, have an active warrant, etc., you may still be denied admission (I've worked in this field)

I thought the reference to the visa issue was regarding Stefan Charles, who is Canadian (although why that would create a problem rather than an opportunity is kind of a mystery to me).

EDIT: while we know Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the NFL combine, that wouldn't be a reason for him to be refused admission to the UK -- no convictions that I'm aware of. But there may be something else out there that we're not aware of. There is this, which didn't result in a conviction either, but perhaps could be grounds for a refusal:

"back when he played for Florida, Harvin famously failed a drug test for marijuana before the draft and was one of many players named to have undermined Urban Meyers final years at Florida. Harvin reportedly chocked receivers coach Billy Gonzalez and threw him to the ground by his neck.

http://fansided.com/2012/12/21/percy-harvins-day-may-be-numbered-after-latest-clash-with-leslie-frazier/

hes had a ton of "incidents" but if the international travel is going to cause teams to lose players, it makes me even more frustrated by the overseas series.

hes had a ton of "incidents" but if the international travel is going to cause teams to lose players, it makes me even more frustrated by the overseas series.

Either that or don't sign a guy who's had tons of "incidents" in the first place ... look at the espn report I linked to above .... he's a serial coach/teammate choker! I guess Rex brought in IK to punch him out if he gets out of line.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

England,Canada meh its all the same really. We are pretty much just an extension of them

I mean, their Queen is all over our money

CBF

Yeah, but you guys managed about the most polite and bloodless revolution ever.

Either that or don't sign a guy who's had tons of "incidents" in the first place ... look at the espn report I linked to above .... he's a serial coach/teammate choker! I guess Rex brought in IK to punch him out if he gets out of line.

ive posted those stories more than anyone on the board - still think the nfl needs to reevaluate going abroad if players arent going to be able to make the trip (a big if, since we dont know thats the case here). theres talk of adding more games and even been talk of a Super Bowl going there.

Would you be ok missing a star player for the super bowl because he has rumored incidents (which granted, i believe are likely true, but...)

Edited by NoSaint