Sounds like no Percy Harvin again (update: Personal reason)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal could be for loads of reasons. Maybe he can't get a passport... or wouldn't be allowed into the UK. Who knows.

short of something extreme like that, or a really terrible (death bed) situation... you would hope that it couldve waited til the bye.

Personal could be for loads of reasons. Maybe he can't get a passport... or wouldn't be allowed into the UK. Who knows.

Rex specifically mentioned someone might not make the trip to London due "visa" (passport) issues in his Sunday Postgame Presser. It could be Percy.

Rex specifically mentioned someone might not make the trip to London due "visa" (passport) issues in his Sunday Postgame Presser. It could be Percy.

He also said that they weren't sure when they would expect that person back in the lineup irrespective of the travel issue, so I'm thinking it's Percy.

US citizens don't need a visa... Is he from another country?

Correct. But the UK still doesn't need to admit you. Much the same for UK citizens coming here -- the visa requirement is waived for tourists not staying more than 90 days, but if you have been convicted of certain crimes, have an active warrant, etc., you may still be denied admission (I've worked in this field)

I thought the reference to the visa issue was regarding Stefan Charles, who is Canadian (although why that would create a problem rather than an opportunity is kind of a mystery to me).

EDIT: while we know Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the NFL combine, that wouldn't be a reason for him to be refused admission to the UK -- no convictions that I'm aware of. But there may be something else out there that we're not aware of. There is this, which didn't result in a conviction either, but perhaps could be grounds for a refusal:

"back when he played for Florida, Harvin famously failed a drug test for marijuana before the draft and was one of many players named to have undermined Urban Meyer’s final years at Florida. Harvin reportedly chocked receivers coach Billy Gonzalez and threw him to the ground by his neck.

http://fansided.com/2012/12/21/percy-harvins-day-may-be-numbered-after-latest-clash-with-leslie-frazier/

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Correct. But the UK still doesn't need to admit you. Much the same for UK citizens coming here -- the visa requirement is waived for tourists not staying more than 90 days, but if you have been convicted of certain crimes, have an active warrant, etc., you may still be denied admission (I've worked in this field)

I thought the reference to the visa issue was regarding Stefan Charles, who is Canadian (although why that would create a problem rather than an opportunity is kind of a mystery to me).

EDIT: while we know Harvin tested positive for marijuana at the NFL combine, that wouldn't be a reason for him to be refused admission to the UK -- no convictions that I'm aware of. But there may be something else out there that we're not aware of.

England,Canada meh its all the same really. We are pretty much just an extension of them

I mean, their Queen is all over our money

CBF

He also said that they weren't sure when they would expect that person back in the lineup irrespective of the travel issue, so I'm thinking it's Percy.

that would make a lot of sense.

amazing that if healthy this may have been a legit problem for what is a starting player.