What Opinion did Cam Cameron Share?

JESSEFEFFER

When Rex was going over the history of how he developed an interest in Tyrod Taylor he mentioned that he had gotten positive reviews from guys like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. What was most interesting to me was the one he got from Cam Cameron after Cam had left the Ravens. Rex said he COULDN'T share what that opinion was which left me to wonder why.

Since Flacco was not very good much of the 2012 regular season which probably lead to Cam's firing, I think his opinion may be along the lines of "Tyrod is better than Flacco and if it were my call, he'd have been the starter." NFL coaches are adverse to having their names attached to opinions like that because it could bite them in the butt down the road. Often we hear opinions with unnamed sources, whereas, in this case, we know the source but not the opinion.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground up and in the freezer?

Thank you. I am, however, disappointed that it took 16 minutes for this reply to be posted. Have we already forgotten the epicness of the Mario hostage situation/FA visit thread?

The two other acceptable responses would have been "F5" or "deers."

Edited by devldog131

When Rex was going over the history of how he developed an interest in Tyrod Taylor he mentioned that he had gotten positive reviews from guys like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. What was most interesting to me was the one he got from Cam Cameron after Cam had left the Ravens. Rex said he COULDN'T share what that opinion was which left me to wonder why.

Since Flacco was not very good much of the 2012 regular season which probably lead to Cam's firing, I think his opinion may be along the lines of "Tyrod is better than Flacco and if it were my call, he'd have been the starter." NFL coaches are adverse to having their names attached to opinions like that because it could bite them in the butt down the road. Often we hear opinions with unnamed sources, whereas, in this case, we know the source but not the opinion.

Man, some posters are just lame and that list is growing daily. I agree with your thought process and that is really the only thing that I could think of that he wouldn't want to share.

Yeah, after Cameron was axed (and replaced by zombie Jim Caldwell!!), Flacco led the Ravens to playoff wins over Indy, Denver, NE and a SB win over SF.

If Cameron actually said "Tyrod is better than Flacco and if it were my call, he'd have been the starter", I'm sure Harbaugh is still chuckling over that.

Apparently Cameron shared this as well: "I would never hire me as an OC in the NFL".

Edited by Mr. WEO

Your interpretation makes sense, despite the naysayers.

But where does Rex say he can't repeat Cam's opinion?

I had wondered why Rex was interested in TT in the first place. Inside information from former Raven players and coaches explains it.

Rex had no clue that TT was going to be as good as he has shown. When he interviewed for the job in front of Whaley and the Pegulas he told them anyone accepting this job has to realize that the franchise qb is not in place. He elaborated that if that is the case then the right approach to take is accept that fact and build your team up the best you can everywhere else.

Did Cameron give Rex a positive recommendation on TT? Evidently so. I'm sure he told him that he had tools and that he was very diligent in his preparation. The Bills did not aggressively pursue TT. It was the other way around. TT sought out the best opportunity to compete for a starting job. The veteran qbs that the Bills sought out in the offseason were first, Josh McCown who wanted an extra year on a deal that Whaley refused to give, and then the Bills quickly signed Cassel as their fallback option.

The reality is that TT selected the Bills more so than the Bills selected him because he felt that it was his best opportunity to play. We got lucky! It was far from being an insightful decision. Nothing wrong or shameful about accepting good fortune.