Could Bills be 8-1 going into Foxborough for Brady rematch?

Big Turk

I know it might be jumping the gun a little early, but this team has a legitimate shot at being 8-1 going into New England for the rematch. Toughest game in that stretch should be the Bengals game but we are at home for it.

This team could be really scary to face if Taylor continues playing like the dynamic playmaker he has been for much of the 3 games so far...defense stifles the opponents(other than Tom Brady at QB) and offense racks up yards and points putting teams in catch up mode quickly, leading to our D being able to "Tee" off on the QB...

Coaching seems to be head and shoulders above previous regimes, New England game notwithstanding where I think we simply outsmarted ourselves in a lot of ways, especially on defense.

And think about how good this team can be as they continue gaining experience under 2 new systems(although the defense has played a similar system under Pettine 2 years ago, its not exactly the same). This team is still getting its feet underneath them, so to speak in the early part of the season. Exciting times are ahead I think.

At absolute worst, I would expect us to be 6-3 heading into the big rematch, but I really think we could be 7-2 or 8-1. Maybe its a little too rosy of a viewpoint, but I think we really have something with this team on offense and at QB. Taylor is completing about 75% of his passes(74.4%) through 3 games and has a QB rating of 116.1, along with one of the highest YPA in the NFL(9.2 YPA, ranked 4th currently). t's also remarkable that his numbers are that good considering his average pass has traveled further in the air than any other QB in the league(CBS posted his "Air Yards" was at 26.2 per pass attempt, highest in the NFL and then he promptly hits Hogan for a 38 yard TD).

I expect big things from this team moving forward. We have the ability to simply blow a lot of teams out right now in a way other Bills teams have not for a long, long time...

Edited by matter2003

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it might be jumping the gun a little early, but this team has a legitimate shot at being 9-1 going into New England for the rematch. Toughest game in that stretch should be the Bengals game but we are at home for it.

This team could be really scary to face if Taylor continues playing like the dynamic playmaker he has been for much of the 3 games so far...defense stifles the opponents(other than Tom Brady at QB) and offense racks up yards and points putting teams in catch up mode quickly, leading to our D being able to "Tee" off on the QB...

Coaching seems to be head and shoulders above previous regimes, New England game notwithstanding where I think we simply outsmarted ourselves in a lot of ways, especially on defense.

And think about how goo this team can be as they continue gaining experience under 2 new systems(although the defense has played a similar system under Pettine 2 years ago, its not exactly the same). This team is still getting its feet underneath them, so to speak in the early part of the season. Exciting times are ahead I think.

At absolute worst, I would expect us to be 7-3 heading into the big rematch, but I really think we could be 8-2 or 9-1. Maybe its a little too rosy of a viewpoint, but I think we really have something with this team on offense and at QB. Taylor is completing about 75% of his passes(74.4%) through 3 games and has a QB rating of 116.1, along with one of the highest YPA in the NFL(9.2 YPA, ranked 4th currently). t's also remarkable that his numbers are that good considering his average pass has traveled further in the air than any other QB in the league(CBS posted his "Air Yards" was at 26.2 per pass attempt, highest in the NFL and then he promptly hits Hogan for a 38 yard TD).

I expect big things from this team moving forward. We have the ability to simply blow a lot of teams out right now in a way other Bills teams have not for a long, long time...

Hopefully he injuries don't mount (Watkins, McCoy). We should be a very dangerous team moving forward. As this team jells it should just keep getting better.

I'd be happy with 6-3 and I think that's where we'll be.

Edited by HamSandwhich

It's possible. I don't know what to expect from this Giants team that's had double digit leads in the 4th quarter of all 3 games they've played this year. I think the Bengals game will be tough, and a fast start is very important that week. And I worry about how the team will handle the Sunday night game against the Jets.

How about we take one week at a time.

The players need to take it one week at a time. We have no such mandate as it doesn't matter and has is no factor in determining any of the upcoming games outcomes by us "looking ahead".

I've probably completely miscounted, but I don't think there's any way they could be 9-1. The bye week on 1 November takes that out. They could be 8-1.

But that Bengals game isn't going to be easy. Glad it's in Buffalo.

My fault...totally miscounted...I had to go back and edit the post. Good catch....can't count on a Monday morning apparently...must still be drunk from the Bills thrashing of the Dolphins.

Gotta beat the Giants first... I don't know why we get ahead of ourselves like this.

Because we aren't players and getting ahead of ourselves will make no difference in the upcoming games outcomes.

8-1 is happening. All you posters who say take one game at a time need to just shut it. I love this post. He's right (after the bye week math error). watch us win SIX IN A ROW BABY.

If anyone thinks we are losing at home to the Giants or Bengals they're nuts. Cinci's defense isn't very good at all. They've beaten two awful teams in Oakland and Baltimore and an overrated Chargers team.

We will be favored in every game we play until Foxboro. Depth all positions.

NOT DOOOOOOOOOMED