Belichick breaks down key plays in game (all-22 video)

dave mcbride

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/09/23/belichick-breakdown-week-2-bills

The most interesting thing: the penalty on Aaron Williams for trash talking to Chandler after the XP occurred right after the touchdown in which Williams was basically pancaked by Chandler. That block led to the TD by Dion Lewis. It's all here. What was Williams thinking???

Edited by dave mcbride

Williams wasn't thinking. He was out of control on Sunday.

One thing I respect about Belichick is how he doesn't ever bother with the noise and extracurricular chatter. The host on this bit made a crach about Ryan hopefully knowing Lewis' name and Bill didn't even snicker. He just went right into the next clip. The dude is no fun to watch or listen to, but he is extremely professional and obviously effective, much to my chagrin. I like Rex's personality, but this past week showed us some of its downside.

One thing I respect about Belichick is how he doesn't ever bother with the noise and extracurricular chatter. The host on this bit made a crach about Ryan hopefully knowing Lewis' name and Bill didn't even snicker. He just went right into the next clip. The dude is no fun to watch or listen to, but he is extremely professional and obviously effective, much to my chagrin. I like Rex's personality, but this past week showed us some of its downside.

I can't argue with this.

He's all business 24x7x365. Best HC in my lifetime, bar none. Maybe the best all time. It's frustrating.

This clip shows BB's football knowledge and class. Although, I know he's kicking himself for allowing himself to be arrogant and trying to run up the score instead of kicking FG and running ball allowing the Bills to score three TDs in the 4th. \

On to Miami

To Belichick its all business, and he approaches the game like its a state of the art fortune 500 business.Everyone is accountable to do their jobs to the best of their abilities or they don't play, and are soon gone.

Bill has no emotion in anything other then after the win, and after the win is down in the books then he can cheer. He tells his players to keep their mouths shut about other players / teams and let their actions do their talking.

The guy is smart enough to figure out a way to keep Chandler from blocking, and just use him as a big red zone target. Does any team in the AFC East have a linebacker capable of covering Gronk by himself?

Man i hate the guy, and admire him at the same time.

As someone said on Twitter, only a Rex Ryan team could pick up a taunting penalty after getting scored on.

Aaron Williams has had personal fouls before Rex Ryan. I would rather not fall into the circus stigma that was projected on the Jets, so I don't believe it had anything to do with Rex Ryan and having a big mouth.

Aaron Williams has had personal fouls before Rex Ryan. I would rather not fall into the circus stigma that was projected on the Jets, so I don't believe it had anything to do with Rex Ryan and having a big mouth.

it doesn't. The Jets had 1 PF called against them all of 2014.

http://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty/personal-foul?year=2014&view=team

Edited by YoloinOhio

Dropping Kyle Williams into coverage, and rushing only 3 :doh:

Well it worked last year against Chicago when KW came away with the pick doing the same thing.

It's time to move on to Miami but that was painful to watch. Kyle Williams drop into coverage and rush 3 - really?

This is actually pretty effective and not as unusual as it sounds. When teams are killing you with slants, and shallow cross routes, dropping a tackle or a DE into somewhat of a qb spy can help slow this down some.

Man I've always hated belicheat mor Ethan anyone beside Brady and Kraft but wow does the boring old bastard know football. I loved how he shrugged off the hosts jab at rex and probably made him feel stupid doing so. I've always argued against him being the best coach ever because of my pride and bias. Nobody knows football like Belicheat does it's just very sad he's had to go to such lengths to get that extra edge when more often than not it was not needed

Well it worked last year against Chicago when KW came away with the pick doing the same thing.

This is actually pretty effective and not as unusual as it sounds. When teams are killing you with slants, and shallow cross routes, dropping a tackle or a DE into somewhat of a qb spy can help slow this down some.

I think Kyle was just following his his after Cutler was flushed from the pocket. But maybe I'm wrong.

Thx for posting this. Funny, how Bellicheck doesn't mention:

• the clear hold on Jerry Hughes on the TD to Edelman
  • the hold on Corey Graham on the punt return (in middle)
  • the fact that Duke Williams is getting the business by the double teamers out of bounds and after the play, when he retaliates
  • Hughes getting held again (hooked) on the Lewis TD run

(And wow -- AW got abused by Chandler on that play.)

To Belichick its all business, and he approaches the game like its a state of the art fortune 500 business.Everyone is accountable to do their jobs to the best of their abilities or they don't play, and are soon gone.

Bill has no emotion in anything other then after the win, and after the win is down in the books then he can cheer. He tells his players to keep their mouths shut about other players / teams and let their actions do their talking.

The guy is smart enough to figure out a way to keep Chandler from blocking, and just use him as a big red zone target. Does any team in the AFC East have a linebacker capable of covering Gronk by himself?

The emotionless guy you see with the media is an act. How many of his ex-players say bad things about him? Very few compared to other hardass coaches. He is well-liked by his players.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Please stop this blowacheck garbage, its sickening. Someone please tell me why they ran this clown out of Cleveland? Answer, because he sucked as a coach and their QB wasn't Tom Brady. I think blowacheck is actually slow in the head. He really has no clue what his doing, effing Brady is just a machine, not blowacheck.

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/09/23/belichick-breakdown-week-2-bills

The most interesting thing: the penalty on Aaron Williams for trash talking to Chandler after the XP occurred right after the touchdown in which Williams was basically pancaked by Chandler. That block led to the TD by Dion Lewis. It's all here. What was Williams thinking???

First of all, the format of that show is genius. Put Belicheck where he is most comfortable, diagramming plays even if it's on a TV screen, have a commentator to let Bill say what he wants about the plays and to inject a bit of humor and color. Good job working with a guy who clearly does not want to be out under the lights entertaining the populous

Look at the 1:49 mark of the film where Tyrod gets sacked on the 1. The NT holds Wood from blocking the would be sacker....dirty as hell. Wood turns around to to the ref for a flag, but oddly enough none thrown. This is what they do best...

that was mentioned in the Andy Benoit film breakdown. It was an illegal hold, not called.

The Bills scored easily on the first drive. Belichick wrote down some note on a piece of paper. Then the Bills couldn't move the ball on the next three drives. I am still trying to figure out what happened.

The note said: Tell the camera man to get those videos to Ernie ASAP. They changed their hand signals so we don’t know what they are going to do.

2 of the 3 interceptions Tyrod threw were actually not his fault after watching the replay. On this one towards the end it shows Tyrod throwing the ball and Clay jumping up as it appeared to be a high throw and Clay tipped it that lead to an interception. Standing behind Clay was Robert Woods wide open and throws his hands up like "hey that was to me man"... Same with the last interception that Sammy tipped as it appeared to be too high, Tyrod in his press conference said it was actually to Harvin who was coming across with his man beat... This seems more of a scheme problem having 2 men in the same area...

2 of the 3 interceptions Tyrod threw were actually not his fault after watching the replay. On this one towards the end it shows Tyrod throwing the ball and Clay jumping up as it appeared to be a high throw and Clay tipped it that lead to an interception. Standing behind Clay was Robert Woods wide open and throws his hands up like "hey that was to me man"... Same with the last interception that Sammy tipped as it appeared to be too high, Tyrod in his press conference said it was actually to Harvin who was coming across with his man beat... This seems more of a scheme problem having 2 men in the same area...

The WR standing behind Sammy is Woods, and Tyrod has now said twice, publicly, that the throw was to Sammy. Thank goodness it was, because if you watch the All-22, Woods was not open. It only looked that way because the CB and Cover-1 safety both leave their responsibility once the ball is thrown.

Aaron played a bad game on top of all of the personal fouls, he got beat by gronk on the long play down the seem. Beat by Edelman on the out route for a TD. And beat by chandler block for a rushing TD. Then all of those fouls. I think Rex was talking about him not knowing his job

he also made a lot of good plays, and I don't think Rex was talking about him. He's a starter and Rex was talking about a backup who had to come in and play.

The WR standing behind Sammy is Woods, and Tyrod has now said twice, publicly, that the throw was to Sammy. Thank goodness it was, because if you watch the All-22, Woods was not open. It only looked that way because the CB and Cover-1 safety both leave their responsibility once the ball is thrown.

No it was Harvin, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same play. I'm talking about the last interception in which you can clearly see Harvin coming across. Tyrod said last night it was harvin he was throwing to, I think you're talking about the Clay interception that was to woods standing behind him wide open..

Look at the 1:49 mark of the film where Tyrod gets sacked on the 1. The NT holds Wood from blocking the would be sacker....dirty as hell. Wood turns around to to the ref for a flag, but oddly enough none thrown. This is what they do best...

This is unbelievable!

The extent of the hold/molestation of Wood is incredible. He was almost tackled he was thrown so badly off balance during the entire play.

No flag thrown.

:doh:

No it was Harvin, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same play. I'm talking about the last interception in which you can clearly see Harvin coming across. Tyrod said last night it was harvin he was throwing to, I think you're talking about the Clay interception that was to woods standing behind him wide open..

No, it was Woods....

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015092001/2015/REG2/patriots@bills#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000534702&tab=videos

Check the video of Logan Ryan's interception. Harvin is at the bottom of the screen.

....and the pass was intended for Watkins.

Sal Capaccio @SalSports 21h21 hours ago

Tyrod Taylor puts the debate to rest. The final pass was indeed intended for Sammy Watkins.