Is everyone happy Brady got to play us?

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indy doesn't apologize for the 4 games a year against the Titans and Jags. I would just assume play the backup QB and garbage teams for 16 weeks, earn a bye and then have to win 2 games in OP to go the Super Bowl. Give me the easiest schedule in the league!!

I will move forward understanding your perspective. I but i do not agree.

To be the best i want to conquer the best. winning is not every thing to me.

But football is different. its a long road to hoe to get to the playoffs. just hope the Bills are better than the best when we get there

I'm happy it was Brady. Sure I wish we won, but the Bills are still figuring things out and losing to Brady teaches them more than beating Garaopolloalamala. To quote Fight Club: "A guy who came to Fight Club for the first time, his ass was a wad of cookie dough. After a few weeks, he was carved out of wood."

We're shedding the cookie dough phase, soon we will be carved out of wood.

He's a cheat and should have been suspended.

Simple as that.

The funny (or sad?) thing is, most people don't realize that. They just know the court said he could play. WE are acutely aware, but millions of casual observers (and most Pats* fans) have no clue.

Considering the difference of opinion over his suspension and how Brady not playing would have "cheapened a win," and considering how he tore us a new one last Sunday, I was wondering if anyone who wanted to face Brady instead of Jimmy Garoppolo still feels the same way?

But Haven't you heard, its not a true win if Brady isn't playing. In Week 16 the playoffs are decided by the wins you get facing teams best players only

I will move forward understanding your perspective. I but i do not agree.

To be the best i want to conquer the best. winning is not every thing to me.

But football is different. its a long road to hoe to get to the playoffs. just hope the Bills are better than the best when we get there

But it doesn't matter if you destroy the Pats with a backup QB starting for them or squeak out a win playing against Brady. Once the clock hits 00:00 at the end of the 4th quarter both are a 'W' and both are equal

All that matters is getting the 'W', this board used to roast anyone who talked about 'Moral victories' because at the end of the day, they mean nothing if you don't get the 'W'

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to be in them in order for anything to happen............

I wanted a win.

I dont care how it happens or who is playing.

So no I wasnt happy that he was playing.

every division game is so important and I would love to have had that game up on them

CBF

My view exactly.

The reality is that we likely won't beat those guys. Just don't think we matchup well. A lot of teams can't; note that the two times the steelers recently went to the SB, another team knocked NE out of the playoffs for them.

Depth is part of the game. Injuries and suspensions happen.

Brady is a cheater and would have richly deserved the 4 game suspension originally meted out by Goodell.

Would we feel a win was unjustified or tainted because Brady was flagged for intentional grounding or some other foul? Probably not, if the penalty was deserved. So why should we feel tainted if he was penalized for a more serious offense?

I would have enjoyed the win if he hadn't played. And 2-0 would have got us closer to the playoffs - which long-suffering Bills fans deserve.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Depth is part of the game. Injuries and suspensions happen.

Brady is a cheater and would have richly deserved the 4 game suspension originally meted out by Goodell.

Would we feel a win was unjustified or tainted because Brady was flagged for intentional grounding or some other foul? Probably not, if the penalty was deserved. So why should we feel tainted if he was penalized for a more serious offense?

I would have enjoyed the win if he hadn't played. And 2-0 would have got us closer to the playoffs - which long-suffering Bills fans deserve.

I don't feel it would be "tainted", just not a chance to improve their ability to grapple with Brady, which I will be needed later for bigger games.

But Haven't you heard, its not a true win if Brady isn't playing. In Week 16 the playoffs are decided by the wins you get facing teams best players only

But it doesn't matter if you destroy the Pats with a backup QB starting for them or squeak out a win playing against Brady. Once the clock hits 00:00 at the end of the 4th quarter both are a 'W' and both are equal

All that matters is getting the 'W', this board used to roast anyone who talked about 'Moral victories' because at the end of the day, they mean nothing if you don't get the 'W'

Anything can happen in the playoffs, but you have to be in them in order for anything to happen............

On this we can all agree :thumbsup:

As much as I would have loved to beat Brady, we didn't, and a win would be better. There is zero chance Garrapolo could replicate that game plan, and it's possible Belicheck has some other plan as he is an evil genius.

We should have won this game with a back up. The only positive is maybe the team came back to earth, and will be more hungry and disciplined in the coming weeks. As much as I hate it, when younger, a good team having a loss will stick with them and play better. It was that way for me in my sports career.

None of this matters as we lost, move on, and Squish the Fish.

I cannot stand brady and think the suspension should have been enforced. Plain and simple, he is both a cheater and a liar and he should have been punished.

However as a fan of football, watching this guy put balls in buckets on a consistent basis that are nearly impossible to defend against is something that you do not see too often. I guess I take solace in the fact that without brady, this team is nothing.

Considering the difference of opinion over his suspension and how Brady not playing would have "cheapened a win," and considering how he tore us a new one last Sunday, I was wondering if anyone who wanted to face Brady instead of Jimmy Garoppolo still feels the same way?

Yeah, I was thinking about this the other day.

I wanted to play Garoppolo when I heard Brady got suspended. I was furious that he got off scott free.

Had we won, I would have been happy to have beaten Brady, but I would much prefer being 2-0 and 1-0 in the division heading to Miami this week.

Whos to saw we would have won? Belichick wins games. I dont think I put 1 in the w column when i thought brady wasnt playing. Belichick almost got to the playoffs with Cassel. He can make things happen regardless

The afc east that year was a joke. Jets and Bills were weak, we played a weak division outside. I only pray that Belichick doesnt retire when brady does so we can watch him without the best qb of all time. Then we'll see how good he really is.

If you want a clue, look into his stats as an nfl hc without brady

Of course I wanted the BILLS to win, but that said, this loss for the BILLS this early in the season may prove to be helpful. Only time will tell, but this was essentially a return to humility and IF, and that's a huge IF, Rex learns from this the way he says he wants to, then it could lead to a better overall team. Second, assuming the suspension was upheld, the BILLS would have faced him anyways later in the season at Gillette, so maybe by getting some exposure to how Brady / Belichick beat the BILLS it will help them game-plan better for the 2nd meeting. I also realize Belichick will make adjustments, but see first statement....So, yeah, I still prefer they faced Brady if given a choice, the outcome of course was not desirable but I think there are positives to take away from this regardless.

I would have liked the win. I don't get the "trend" around here about "moral losses" or "meaningless victories". A win is a win.

But I think this team was overconfident and underprepared and hopefully getting his ass handed to him in a big way will be a huge wake-up call for Rex, the coaching staff, and the players. I don't think that would have happened with Garroppolo. Remember, Rex, being a football coach takes 100% effort and dedication. Having your own TV show and swanning around just means you spend more time away from your wife's feet.

In the Superbowl years as I recall, we used to get our ass handed to us by one team a year. In 1989 it was the Dolphins in week 2.

So we'll see what happens going forward.

Edited by Hopeful