Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, but wins in all of those games help more in any situation. It's way to early to call anything a good loss. If we win out and go 15-1 then tie breaker scenarios are pretty unlikely!

Dude if we win all of those games we would lose just about any tie breaker. I'm not saying it has to be this week, but 1 or maybe 2 losses from that group are a must.

Dude if we win all of those games we would lose just about any tie breaker. I'm not saying it has to be this week, but 1 or maybe 2 losses from that group are a must.

Huh? Not enough coffee this morning? There isn't a single scenario where losing helps in a play-off chase. Ever. Overall record is still the determining factor.

Huh? Not enough coffee this morning? There isn't a single scenario where losing helps in a play-off chase. Ever. Overall record is still the determining factor.

Before this gets crazy I will just get out of this thread. Like several have pointed out it is far too early in the season. For those who don't understand, I will link the tie breaker rules. Clearly losses to NFC teams can only help us in these tiebreakers. If this thread is still around in week 13 or so I will come back and give a see I told you so. Even if it isn't the Bills, I promise some team will be in bad shape because their opposing conference record is too strong.

Tie breakers

Since we pretty much know the Pats are going to run away with another division title, let's keep track of the teams that we need to keep pace with to get that playoff spot. We don't necessarily have to list all the standings but maybe news about teams that are better than we thought (Cinci for me) or the teams that or not playing that well (Ravens).

Right now, the teams I feel will be in the race are Pitt/Baltimore/Cinci and San Diego/Denver

Before Game 4 of the season is even played? Seriously? Seriously?

I like the thread, if you find yourself not liking it.... avoid the post lol jeepers

The thread is premature, but slowly over the next few weeks it will slowly develop.

Exactly, when the hell is the last time anyone HONESTLY felt like playoff talk was legit. It's never too early for that kind of talk....

Since we pretty much know the Pats are going to run away with another division title, let's keep track of the teams that we need to keep pace with to get that playoff spot. We don't necessarily have to list all the standings but maybe news about teams that are better than we thought (Cinci for me) or the teams that or not playing that well (Ravens).

Right now, the teams I feel will be in the race are Pitt/Baltimore/Cinci and San Diego/Denver

It's only Week 3 of the season. I don't even think about this until Thanksgiving...

Right now the Jets and Chargers have an advantage over us in the tie breakers because of their losses to Philly and Minny. A loss this week to the Giants would even things out and could help in the long run, especially against the Chargers. The Jets we will play head to head.

Brings me back to one of your best threads crayonz!

that was a big win for us last night imo. let the other divisions knock each other out of contention. the Colts don't have Luck this week and with Big Ben still sidelined this could be a big opportunity for us to move well ahead of the other wild card teams

Before this gets crazy I will just get out of this thread. Like several have pointed out it is far too early in the season. For those who don't understand, I will link the tie breaker rules. Clearly losses to NFC teams can only help us in these tiebreakers. If this thread is still around in week 13 or so I will come back and give a see I told you so. Even if it isn't the Bills, I promise some team will be in bad shape because their opposing conference record is too strong.

Tie breakers

I can only assume that you are operating on the premise that the Bills must lose X number of games, so it would be better to lose out of conference games. While it's true that most Bills teams seem to have to lose many, many games, it is a false premise. 13-3 (with those 3 losses against AFC) always beats a 12-4 team that only lost to NFC teams. Losing is never the preferred outcome, to paraphrase Dick Juaron.

Really chiming in a lot to a thread you claim to have no interest in at all......If you think it's too early to discuss, why don't you just check back in week 17

Who said I have no interest? I'm just giving the only legitimate and fair answer to questions being asked.

Philly or Baltimore? Who knows!

Kc or Cincy? Who knows!