Taylor Review

Thurmal34

And even then, we are still two-three years away to find our difference maker who can read defenses at the line of scrimmage, get rid of the ball in exactly 2-3 seconds and put up 40+ points a week. WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THAT.

No no, if you just have higher standards, he appears on the roster. And his jersey has a big number 3 on it.

Can you please quote the post where he was called to be benched? I'll be waiting.

Accountability is ok, especially on a team that has SB aspirations. The QB play today was not up to par.

Sounds like you got ahead of yourself a bit.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His 1st pick on the overthrow to Clay gave the Pats a short field and led directly to a TD that gave Pats a 21-7 lead. What game did you watch?

So to you the horrid playcalling, the dumb ass personal foul/special teams penalties, and the sack at the 1 yard line had nothing to do with the Pats getting their second and third TD's? I suppose you are blaming Taylor for these too. Why don't you go jump on the Patriot bandwagon - you would fit in perfectly with their douchebag fans.

Nice Try-rod, but it was too little too late. I believe it was 5 straight three and outs after the TD on the opening drive. The whole team has to play better. Suspect coaching, horrible defense, poor OL play, too many penalties, with loss of focus and discipline. Certainly not a winning formula today.

So to you the horrid playcalling, the dumb ass personal foul/special teams penalties, and the sack at the 1 yard line had nothing to do with the Pats getting their second and third TD's? I suppose you are blaming Taylor for these too. Why don't you go jump on the Patriot bandwagon - you would fit in perfectly with their douchebag fans.

You feel better now?

Can you please quote the post where he was called to be benched? I'll be waiting.

Accountability is ok, especially on a team that has SB aspirations. The QB play today was not up to par.

Really? That's what you took away from this?

Edited by Meatplow

Ok. You take him throwing passes after 3 seconds for the next 14 games. I'll take him throwing them before 3 seconds for the next 14.

I'll keep track, but won't say a word about till week 17.

Like your odds, or mine?

Serious question, and I'm not trying to insult you, but have you been drinking?

I'll take that bet just for the bolded.

Edited by FireChan

Ok. You take him throwing passes after 3 seconds for the next 14 games. I'll take him throwing them before 3 seconds for the next 14.

Like your odds, or mine?

Ok real talk... where on earth are you getting this "3 seconds" garbage from? Scoop the idea from Jaworski on ESPN this morning?

No. I'm looking for better QB play than I got today. Is that bad?

Isn't ok to criticize our players when they brick?

How does this post make sense in a sober brain?

Like your odds, or mine?

Ok real talk... where on earth are you getting this "3 seconds" garbage from? Scoop the idea from Jaworski on ESPN this morning?

3 seconds is generous. We don't have the OL to afford more. The decision needs to be made and the ball needs to be out.

Your QB, your players?

Terry? Rex? Kim? Which one of you is Thermal34?

That's weak dubs. They are all our players. We all love the Bills. Yes, they are our players.

Edited by Thurmal34

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

d257530ae22a5ce25e0aaba6f91047db.jpg

No. I'm looking for better QB play than I got today. Is that bad?

Isn't ok to criticize our players when they brick?

Absolutely it is. However, I've seen much worse stats on QB's that people could make the argument for having a good day. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when your defense gets steamrolled for 500+ yds there may be bigger fish to fry than the QB that threw for 3 TD's and rushed for an additional one while under SERIOUS duress.

Edited by Meatplow

Absolutely it is. However, I've seen much worse stats on QB's that people could make the argument for having a good day. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but when your defense gets steamrolled for 500+ yds there may be bigger fish to fry than the QB that threw for 3 TD's and rushed for an additional one while under SERIOUS duress.

^^^

This...

I think we should give him more than two games before deciding what his ceiling is.

Please. He's been around for three years now... Sure, he's vey talented, but the football smarts just aren't there... Ilike the guy... -Grade-A backup... But too much hesitation... If he keeps holding the ball so long, I'll start calling him "Tightwad' Taylor.

Fair enough, and a good point. Was looking for more, I guess. Should not have expected good QB play, I suppose.

Read whole thread. Was shocked at lack of what is normally experienced Bills fans analysis. Looked to me that Roman wanted to kneel it out once we were up 7-0 and then got a 3 and out.

What we as fans don't know is how much Roman and Rex allow TT to audible out of a bad play call. Signature game fail play was when the Pats went up by 7 and we had to play from behind first series. On the TV I was watching, on 2nd down, all 11 Pats were in the screen - and we ran. That's 11 in the box and we still ran.

Tyrod is a better football mind than mine. But even mine knows you HAVE TO AUDIBLE OUT AND GO DEEP !! That's proof enough for me that TT was limited to whatever Roman called. Roman - if in charge - only called 3 deep balls today - 3. Insane with our WR talent. And if you say TT could do whatever there's there with no fear of repraisal I did not see that and it looked to me that we're back to EJ/Hackett/Marrone - I hope with all hope that I'm wrong. The OC was an absolute idiot today. And TT needs to push back hard if he was limited by him. Almost conspiracy theory **** bad on the unwillingness to go deep.

Aside from that, the D-line did not show up and all 4 should turn in their Top 100 .. crap. 2 out of 5 NE OL were rookies. Pathetic showing.

The second this TT's fault is the second u didn't really watch or are not a critically thinking football fan.

bump for real analysis.

Ease up Francis.

HE SCORED FOUR FRICKEN TOUCHDOWNS

And Jonas Gray has a 200 yard rushing game in the NFL to his credit yet, he'll be flipping burgers this time next year, if not before.

If Taylor can't get his throws under control and is unable to speed up his decision making, he'll not be long as a starting QB in this league.

He played like a guy starting his second game in the NFL against the Super Bowl champs. The O-line didn't help him much and Bellichik put in a good plan to confuse a guy that is essentially a rookie. But, he found his rythym and made some decent plays as the game went on. I think he will be fine.

I'm more concerned with our lack of discipline leading to penalties and the D which was not great today. Most teams in this league you can get 32 points and win. Not with Pats. I'm astounded we were in a position to tie at end.

It should have been an easy pitch & catch. It doesn't make you less a fan to see that.

That is not what I am pointing out

I am pointing out that franchise QBs sometimes throw these balls.......and TEs catch them because they catch difficult passes

Fair enough, and a good point. Was looking for more, I guess. Should not have expected good QB play, I suppose.

You took what he said and completely twisted it

and

You still not have given your recommendations on how we would fix our "bad qb situation"

I like Tyrod Taylor.

But he has a long way to go. Love that he can keep plays alive. But for a guy with such gifted feet, he has a ton to learn about moving around in the pocket. I don't think the film review will be kind to him tomorrow; he had guys open and opportunities to let them make a play but was shy about pulling the trigger.

It's a process to be sure and I suspect the kid has the smarts and work ethic to correct the flaws in his game. Can't wait to see how he gets up off the mat and responds.

GO BILLS!!!

That is not what I am pointing out

I am pointing out that franchise QBs sometimes throw these balls.......and TEs catch them because they catch difficult passes

We could pick nits all day long. It's the night of a tough loss so I suppose I should expect overreactions on both sides. Something wrong with the universe though when FC seems like the voice of reason.