Kiko out rest of the game.

DirtDart

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news for Kiko. ACL sprains are tough because they generally don't heal much at all - there's not enough blood supply to the area, unlike the MCL which heals itself in a few weeks. A sprained ACL is usually just one more twist away from popping completely, and often they are stretched out - creating laxity which puts every other part of the knee at risk. The only thing you can do for it is to strengthen the rest of your knee and avoid dangerous things, like playing professional football for example. Otherwise, it's surgery. He will probably opt for a cadaver graft this time, which is riskier (sometimes the body rejects them and they just rot away), but there is no damage from harvesting your patellar tendon or hamstring for material as there would have been in his previous surgery.

Bad news for Kiko. ACL sprains are tough because they generally don't heal much at all - there's not enough blood supply to the area, unlike the MCL which heals itself in a few weeks. A sprained ACL is usually just one more twist away from popping completely, and often they are stretched out - creating laxity which puts every other part of the knee at risk. The only thing you can do for it is to strengthen the rest of your knee and avoid dangerous things, like playing professional football for example. Otherwise, it's surgery. He will probably opt for a cadaver graft this time, which is riskier (sometimes the body rejects them and they just rot away), but there is no damage from harvesting your patellar tendon or hamstring for material as there would have been in his previous surgery.

Patellar tendon harvest sucks. It was such a worse recovery than the hammy harvest or cadaver guys I've compared notes with. What's this guy doing that he keeps blowing out knees.

On a side note some players have survived with out it for long careers

Cus D'Amato.

That's who I'd figure.

I heard that the ACL started to tear and kiko was all, "oh, no you don't." It then stopped. Pretty sure schecter tweeted that.

You mean the ACL didn't regenerate itself? Kiko's slipping.

Patellar tendon harvest sucks. It was such a worse recovery than the hammy harvest or cadaver guys I've compared notes with. What's this guy doing that he keeps blowing out knees.

On a side note some players have survived with out it for long careers

Patellar sucked (thats what I had)... but from my research that was the best option for an athlete (or just someone like me who still tries to pretend).

Ouch on that first article! The "but the number of times McCoy had bailed out his linemen after missed blocks was forgotten by some after he was dealt to Buffalo" is what I had heard after he was traded to the Bills and now has been corroborated:

And as per the 2nd article, Evan Mathis isn't looking so hot for Denver, so the Bills were wise not to bother with him.

Probably the smartest thing Iron Mike ever said. I wonder who he got that from?

Yeah, unlike DeMarco Murray....he of the 11 yards on 21 carries through week 2...he's on pace for an 88 yard season, lmao!

Partially torn ACL in the same knee he injured with us:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported Eagles ILB Kiko Alonso (knee) could still be facing a season-ending injury.

Rapoport confirmed the diagnosis of a partially torn ACL, or Grade 2 sprain, but said Alonso will get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews to determine if he needs surgery. If he undergoes surgery, Alonso's season would be over. Considering the issues Alonso has had coming back from the torn ACL he suffered in the same knee in 2014, surgery and another year of rehab may be the best option.

Did he come back to early? He should be fully recovered but perhaps the docs missed something?

Good question. He missed the whole 2014 season, including camp, etc. Usually a whole year is enough time, but it could be a similar situation to the Sam Bradford 2013-14 campaigns.

Rapoport confirmed the diagnosis of a partially torn ACL, or Grade 2 sprain, but said Alonso will get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews

What is this like the only doctor around? Seems everyone goes to him since forever. Got to be older that dirt. Actually 73. I've heard to stay away from older doctors as they are not up on current practices and procedures

What is this like the only doctor around? Seems everyone goes to him since forever. Got to be older that dirt. Actually 73. I've heard to stay away from older doctors as they are not up on current practices and procedures

ill venture the guess that he, and the rest of his practice are pretty up to date.

Yeah, I'm sure Andrews is pretty clueless right now. But you're the only one that knows it.

@RapSheet: #Eagles coach Chip Kelly said Kiko Alonso is still down in Fla., rehabbing with Dr. James Andrews crew. No surgery yet. Out again this week

Hope he makes it. I can't understand how some are hoping for the worst for the guy just because we traded him. Good young guy with hopefully still a promising career who came in here and played every snap for us as a rookie.

Hope he makes it. I can't understand how some are hoping for the worst for the guy just because we traded him. Good young guy with hopefully still a promising career who came in here and played every snap for us as a rookie.

who are the some hoping for the worst? Haven't seen any of that