Sammy - Time for this dude to start playing ball.

jumbalaya

Don't blame Sammy blame the bills for not trying to figure out creative ways to get him the ball. Look at Julio Jones in Atlanta, he was lining up all over the field catching bubble screens hooks digs go routes etc. Sammy should never have a game where he registers 0 catches again. Planning on using Sammy as a decoy (which last year's coaches did numerous times, and roman did last week) is a recipe for failure over the long term

Sammy suckz bro. Just get used to it. Whaley is a idiot for paying 7 picks for him.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he isn't the guy designing game plans and he isn't the guy throwing the ball

This is just a big excuse. Great players demand the ball and get it. What would Dez do if these were his stats?

Actually I like Sammy. I did not mind the trade up. But he has to produce. He is not producing at the level the pick and the trade warranted. He has the body, speed, moves, head and hands but I am not sure he has the heart and hunger.

Last ten regular season games - 30 catches and 2 TDs. Those are numbers for a 4th round pick, not a guy that cost two no. 1's. Outside of an 84 yard bomb ten games ago his average per catch is below average. Only one game with more than 4 catches.

He is starting to look like the second coming of Lee Evans, not Andre Reed.

The excuses are getting old too:

1. He was covered by one of the best corners in the league

2. He was double covered.

3. He is hurt.

4. He had Orton throwing to him.

5. He has Taylor throwing to him.

6. He is a better decoy.

7. Rex likes to run.

this is stupid

he isn't the guy designing game plans and he isn't the guy throwing the ball

This is just a big excuse. Great players demand the ball and get it. What would Dez do if these were his stats?

Actually I like Sammy. I did not mind the trade up. But he has to produce. He is not producing at the level the pick and the trade warranted. He has the body, speed, moves, head and hands but I am not sure he has the heart and hunger.

I personally saw Sammy go back to the huddle at least 5 times and talk to Taylor about being open. There were 2 or 3 times he was waving his hand on a deep route asking for the ball.

Once again, watch the games...it really does help. Seriously.

Tyrodative?

Hah! Well-played.

Not sure really...a few times it looked like Sammy perhaps wasn't the 1st read on the play (though I am annoyed by that being a possibility--he should [practically] always be the first read IMO), and that Taylor was simply comfortable taking the 1st read when it was open.

A few other times it looked like Taylor just missed him--particularly on 2 crossing routes that I remember when Sammy beat the double.

Hah! Well-played.

Not sure really...a few times it looked like Sammy perhaps wasn't the 1st read on the play (though I am annoyed by that being a possibility--he should [practically] always be the first read IMO), and that Taylor was simply comfortable taking the 1st read when it was open.

A few other times it looked like Taylor just missed him--particularly on 2 crossing routes that I remember when Sammy beat the double.

Willy TT didn't look at Sammy at all on the long Harvin TD pass. Sammy was probably even more open than Percy was.

Captain Checkover. Bickering Ills. Locker too controversy. Doomed. Sully's next article.

Can we at least wait until they are putting 8 in the box to stop our run and Sammy still can't beat the D. I think your argument would sound more reasonable then.

Maybe this week when BB tries to take away our "strength" because I still think Sammy is our #1 threat. Our team is taking what the defense gives us.

Fans gotta understand that Tyrod Taylor has only played ONE entire regular season game in his career so far, and is developing as he goes. Besides, currently this offensive scheme isn't setup to accord an elite QB to throw 3-4 TD passes every game. It could easily be setup that way but the team wants to be a run first team right now for obvious reasons

Perhaps by the end of the season Tyrod will be finding Percy & Sammy 8+ times a game each, and he is throwing 3-4 TD's a game :thumbsup:

I am thinking the same as of now - that TT is playing a safe game until he gets his feet wet. It is unlikely he will try to fit throws into tight spaces if other options are more available. The Pats** undoubtedly will know this and if we fail to establish the run early, we will have to throw a lot. Lets see what happens once TT has warmed up.

Are there not a variety of ways to create space and matchups? Could Sammy have gotten some of those looks Percy got motioning out of the backfield? Carries? Rub routes designed for him? Even as is he wasn't always in impenetrable double coverage every snap.

That is a fair point. Key will be to see what the game plan is in tighter games. This Sunday will be a good test of the offense in general and Sammy in particular

Something to keep an eye open for as the season wears on.

Watching Julio Jones dominate the other night made me wonder whether Sammy can ever get to that level. His lack of size has always bothered me and made me wonder whether he is really worth a 4th overall. Julio is 6'3 230. The other forces of nature Calvin and Dez are evn bigger.

Antonio Brown is a machine and probably the best in the game right now and he is smaller than all of them including Sammy.

Also, regarding the number of picks we gave up issue - I believe Whaley traded 14 first round, first overall picks for Sammy if I remember correctly.

Edited by kobe808lak

Sammy suckz bro. Just get used to it. Whaley is a idiot for paying 7 picks for him.

It is indeed 7 1sts...you see, if you add up the numeric value of each letter of Sammy's first name, you get: 19+1+13+13+25=71. Obviously, 71 is code for "7 1's"

I stand corrected. VDDR is a solid ratio but this equation is foolproof.

Brilliant assessment. Whaley really does suck. When I think of all the talent the Bills could have drafted with those 7 1st round picks.... SMH

Edited by Hopeful