Sammy - Time for this dude to start playing ball.

jumbalaya

I encourage everyone participating in this thread to watch Roman's response to a reporter's question on Sammy's contributions. If this doesn't settle the issue for you, I can't help you.

Roman: "We're not just going to throw to Johnny. Sometimes you gotta throw to Billy. ...We're fortunate that we've got good Billys too...I pose this to you - what is more valuable, blocking for a touchdown or catching a touchdown? I'll let you think about that, get back to me."

BOOM

Edited by BillnutinHouston

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I encourage everyone participating in this thread to watch Roman's response to a reporter's question on Sammy's contributions. If this doesn't settle the issue for you, I can't help you.

G Ro wasn't even here when we gave up 8 first round picks for him. He has no standing to comment.

And we could have had Roman's response AND an extra first-round pick if we drafted OBJ.

This isn't correct. We didn't "give up" 2 first round picks. We gave up one and used the other to move up. Gave up two as you said implies the Bills lost 2 first round picks which is completely untrue.

Thanks Mark as that statement by pundits has driven me nuts.

We basically gave up this year's 1st and a 4th to get I believe the best WR last year, and over the next decade will prove that he was worth it. Don't forget guys he was hurt three times last year.

Give it time. Everyone wants to go bananas over one game, and we won convincingly. He'll do the acrobatic stuff like he did last year with one handed catches and so on. It's not Madden.

We will win in different ways each week we win.

Roman: "We're not just going to throw to Johnny. Sometimes you gotta throw to Billy. ...We're fortunate that we've got good Billys too...I pose this to you - what is more valuable, blocking for a touchdown or catching a touchdown? I'll let you think about that, get back to me."

BOOM

Mic drop

BOOM

We don't have a Billy or a John in our WR corps....is G Ro even following the game?? #GRogue

Last ten regular season games - 30 catches and 2 TDs. Those are numbers for a 4th round pick, not a guy that cost two no. 1's. Outside of an 84 yard bomb ten games ago his average per catch is below average. Only one game with more than 4 catches.

He is starting to look like the second coming of Lee Evans, not Andre Reed.

The excuses are getting old too:

1. He was covered by one of the best corners in the league

2. He was double covered.

3. He is hurt.

4. He had Orton throwing to him.

5. He has Taylor throwing to him.

6. He is a better decoy.

7. Rex likes to run.

First off, you can just label facts as excuses.

FACT: Orton and the passing game were pathetic last year.

FACT: We had one of the worst OC's in all the NFL last year.

FACT: He was hurt last year and again this year during camp.

FACT: He is often double covered.

FACT: We are a run oriented offense.

Why the hell are people so upset about game 1 where we DOMINATED just about every aspect of the game. Taylor took what the D gave him and didn't force the ball. We have an offense LOADED with weapons, they can't all have great games every week.

We are a run first team but will take our shots down field. Sammy will get his chances. But once we jumped to such an early lead, there wasnt a whole lot of need to take risks in the passing game and Roman and Rex controlled the game for the win. Especially with a young QB making his first start and playing with 3 WR's he spent very little time with in preseason and camp due to WR injuries.

People need to get the hell off the ledge already about this Watkins one target thing. The kid is ridiculously talented and he is going to be a big part of why we make the playoffs and push for a SB berth THIS year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Why the hell are people so upset about game 1 where we DOMINATED just about every aspect of the game. Taylor took what the D gave him and didn't force the ball. We have an offense LOADED with weapons, they can't all have great games every week.

We are a run first team but will take our shots down field. Sammy will get his chances. But once we jumped to such an early lead, there wasnt a whole lot of need to take risks in the passing game and Roman and Rex controlled the game for the win. Especially with a young QB making his first start and playing with 3 WR's he spent very little time with in preseason and camp due to WR injuries.

People need to get the hell off the ledge already about this Watkins one target thing. The kid is ridiculously talented and he is going to be a big part of why we make the playoffs and push for a SB berth THIS year.

Our passing game last year was actually pretty good.

G Ro wasn't even here when we gave up 8 first round picks for him. He has no standing to comment.

Stop your overexaggerating. It was only 7 first round picks and you know it.

Our passing game last year was actually pretty good.

I guess that depends upon your definition of "pretty good". 18th in the league in yds, 24th in the league in NY/A.

Would that be "pretty good" if we did that this year?

Stop your overexaggerating. It was only 7 first round picks and you know it.

I guess that depends upon your definition of "pretty good". 18th in the league in yds, 24th in the league in NY/A.

Would that be "pretty good" if we did that this year?

That seems below average to me.....

I feel like saying folks are in the ledge is pretty over the top.

Yep. Your exactly the guy I'm talking about.

Why, because I pointed out the flaw in the logic of your post criticizing Watkins for not getting more balls thrown to him? Its like the wrong-headed posts by guys criticizing EJ based on where he was picked in the draft. You're barking up the wrong tree.

I personally saw Sammy go back to the huddle at least 5 times and talk to Taylor about being open. There were 2 or 3 times he was waving his hand on a deep route asking for the ball.

Once again, watch the games...it really does help. Seriously.

Were you at the game? Or did you see this on the all 22? I think that is interesting

Were you at the game? Or did you see this on the all 22? I think that is interesting

Yes, at the game.

I wouldn't say that I spend the whole of every offensive drive watching Sammy, but I really like the way he plays, so I iso on him a fair amount...maybe 1/3 of the plays.