1st String O line immensely improved but NO DEPTH!

ScrewyLouie

Bills have to pray nobody on the offensive line gets hurt. Kujo and Cyril Richardson are totally useless. If they're lucky maybe the Bills can find an offensive lineman or two on the waiver wire. Kujo is definitely a bust. I can't believe Whaley took this guy in the 2nd round. WOW what a mistake that was. RIchardson doesn't look a whole lot better either. NO DEPTH on the O line.

The other area I see with absolutely no depth is corner. I think the Bills will eventually be forced to move Graham back to corner. Ron Brooks is a good special teams guy but he stinks at corner. He couldn't cover me. I have a feeling McLovin will be out most of the year so you can't count on him. Injury was a lot worse than the Bills thought.

Edited by ScrewyLouie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only stayed awake through the first half last night but I thought Kujo was ok... not great but ok.... Urbik and Richardson looked bad from what I saw. I agree with the sentiment though. They need the first 5 to stay healthy.

Baby steps: having 6 solid o-linemen is way better than what was expected going into the pre-season

@ChrisTrapasso: Cyrus Kouandjio got +2.4 @PFF grade for his effort vs #Lions. Highest-graded BUF player. Finished PS as PFF's top-graded OT. Really improved

@ChrisTrapasso

Last year, Kouandjio racked up a -10.9 @PFF grade in the PS. Thought he showed much better balance / anchoring / hands in camp and preseason

Kouandjio looks like he'll be serviceable as a backup, and I don't thnk Urbik is awful when he's playing alongside other starters.

realistically, i think most teams are happy to see backups of roughly that quality. if going deeper than that, any team is going to feel a lot of pain.

Bills have to pray nobody on the offensive line gets hurt. Kujo and Cyril Richardson are totally useless. If they're lucky maybe the Bills can find an offensive lineman or two on the waiver wire. Kujo is definitely a bust. I can't believe Whaley took this guy in the 2nd round. WOW what a mistake that was. RIchardson doesn't look a whole lot better either. NO DEPTH on the O line.

The other area I see with absolutely no depth is corner. I think the Bills will eventually be forced to move Graham back to corner. Ron Brooks is a good special teams guy but he stinks at corner. He couldn't cover me. I have a feeling McLovin will be out most of the year so you can't count on him. Injury was a lot worse than the Bills thought.

I thought Kujo was OK. You have to factor in as a unit they suck, if you can plug one in to a decent OL they're OK. Kujo looked much improved earlier in preseason.

Richardson was cut. Urbik is OK at guard but the thought of him playing center makes me queasy, which (I expect) is why they brought in a center.

I expect they'll try to bring in at least one OL for the PS.