Kryk: You could see the latest Bills melodrama coming

YoloinOhio

It falls on the org structure set by the Pegulas

http://blogs.canoe.com/krykslants/nfl/you-could-see-latest-bills-melodrama-coming-and-the-blame-it-must-be-said-falls-on-the-pegulas-but-heres-how-they-can-fix-it/

Interesting thoughts, many conveyed by posters here as well

and look at the clicks gotten!

If the Bills collapse that its warranted. If not is is all hot air.

BTW was this person pro or anti EJ throughout camp.

Tough cuts happen all the time. I expect more tough cuts to come.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But why are we hearing ahead of time that we are thinking of cutting this player or that player or that there is internal debate or disagreement? I don't think this stuff should be coming out

Because reporters have to write something. There is always going to be internal debate and disagreements when putting a roster together. 49ers released Gore, Texans Andre Johnson...it happens. I'm disappointed Jackson is gone but I'm not flipping out like most here. I'm ready for the season to start. We have a really good team.

kryk? I don't remember him taking a pro or anti EJ stance.

Because reporters have to write something. There is always going to be internal debate and disagreements when putting a roster together. 49ers released Gore, Texans Andre Johnson...it happens. I'm disappointed Jackson is gone but I'm not flipping out like most here. I'm ready for the season to start. We have a really good team.

I don't believe that reporters should be getting the quality of information that they seem to be getting about the inner workings of the organization. I don't think that happens with quality organizations, hopefully we get it straightened out.

What I find interesting is the "Whaley made the right move" crowd. I wonder where 99% of them were Sunday night.

there have been a few of us saying the writing was on the wall all offseason.

and many of the accused "right move" crowd are simply saying that they are fine with the decision either way - simply that there wasnt a distinctly wrong move.

Huh??

Only you could somehow turn this of all threads into an EJ question.

Maniacal crusade...

Kryk is typically a feature piece/opinion writer, not a daily news guy AFAIK. His one piece I saw on the QB competition was very even-handed and described the flaws of all 3 QB as he saw at the practice he attended, without any apparent bias.

HIs flaw seems to be that he lacks his own inner connections so he tends to regurgitate what other media says at times - for example after Marrone left, he referred to the Bills as "Dysfunction Junction" and talked about Polian coming as Football Czar etc. He promoted the Bills trying to acquire RGIII after Orton retired as 'we're not going to find our next QB in EJ'. When writing about Marrone as OL coach of Jax, he quoted Bradley as saying the Bills had a well-coached line under Marrone and "ran the ball very well" -- which he may have thought spoke for itself as delusional but it would have been clearer to those who aren't intimate with the Bills if he'd cited the Bills YPA and # of attempts or something.

Edit: I guess I should add that mainstream media seems to have the same flaw, after I saw the MMQB piece by Robert Klemko parroting the Tim Graham tweet as "Whaley facing accusations of going rogue". Sorry, but a reporter's tweet about "going rogue" which is not substantiated or sourced except "inside the organization" does not constitute an accusation IMO and if it does - under law one has the right to face one's accuser, morally and ethically I think the principle holds. "intimation" or "reported by unidentified sources in the organization" would be better. The media are also exploiting Twitter I think,

Edited by Hopeful

there have been a few of us saying the writing was on the wall all offseason.

and many of the accused "right move" crowd are simply saying that they are fine with the decision either way - simply that there wasnt a distinctly wrong move.

Don't straddle the fence, it's lame.